Random Green Day News

Hermione

Can she get a restraining order that says he cannot call, text or reach out to her or her family and work through social media? 

9 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

If he stays he should at least show that he’s changed !!  

He has apologized on twitter before, said he accepted responsibility and has convinced many fans with it, but didn't mean any of it and continued harassing her. He also deleted his apologies by the way, only kept the replies to our tweets, so it wouldn't be immediately visible on his page. At this point, my trust in him is in the negatives. Who knows he won't lie again to save his ass?

• Like 3

I don't know how likely he is to actually get fired. He'a not famous enough for this to be a scandal outside the fandom. So my bet is that he's staying, unless they go for really strict image control or it somehow blows up (e.g. in case or legal consequences)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

He has apologized on twitter before, said he accepted responsibility and has convinced many fans with it, but didn't mean any of it and continued harassing her. He also deleted his apologies by the way, only kept the replies to our tweets, so it wouldn't be immediately visible on his page. At this point, my trust in him is in the negatives. Who knows he won't lie again to save his ass?

Exactly. Lying to save himself while harassing his ex probably thinking she’d be too scared to go public. Suler typical power struggle abusive and bullying tactics. He’s lying his ass off. He can’t be trusted. 

And for anyone wondering about it: restraining orders are bullshit and the law doesn’t work for victims he will still find a way to harass and he’s even showing how good he is at it already by lying to people and friends and sending weird messages to people she doesn’t even know.

Edited by Virginia Lot Lizzard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't know how likely he is to actually get fired. He'a not famous enough for this to be a scandal outside the fandom. So my bet is that he's staying, unless they go for really strict image control or it somehow blows up (e.g. in case or legal consequences)

Honestly, I'm hoping he gets fired not because Green Day are concerned for their image but because they can't continue working with him under these circumstances 😕 Not because PR thinks it's the strategically wisest thing for them to do.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

If in the event he gets arrested it might make become big in rock news. but then again he doesn't have a Wikipedia page

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Honestly, I'm hoping he gets fired not because Green Day are concerned for their image but because they can't continue working with him under these circumstances 😕 Not because PR thinks it's the strategically wisest thing for them to do.

Not sure if that's how it works in any company but yeah I know what you mean.

4 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Or Kalie has removed her. I've definitely been removed, and so have many others that I follow. She's also private account again now, so hopefully she can ditch all the GD fans and go back to a private life. 

We don't know what she did in the beginning, we don't know what he did in the beginning. We know he was wrong on twitter. We know she loves the attention she gets from her stories (of mundane everyday stuff, and there's no issue here).

Jeff calling her every day, up to 7 times, isn't pleasant I agree, but it's typical 'I want you back' behaviour, and we don't know it was going to be nasty. 

We don't have proof of what she said about what he is doing. 

IF Jeff is doing these things, then, yes his position should be considered. However, he may be the victim of this latest set of stuff (not the twitter stuff, we know that!) 

but then why is he calling her work, and mom all the time ?

• Like 1

Just now, luketrebilliemike said:

I somewhat agree, but then why is he calling her work, and mom all the time ?

Did she provide evidence for this? 

I'm absolutely not saying he didn't, just that without proof, we can't say anything! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

We don't have proof of what she said about what he is doing. 

Please don't interpret this as hating on you or anything, but she has given proof and was criticized for giving it because it's private and doesn't belong on social media. But then again we can't believe if what she says is true because she didn't give enough.

Personally, I think how the way she has been behaving on social media and what she has published, all circumstances considered, is believable. She hasn't given me any reason to believe she isn't telling the truth, he has. I don't think he's a victim at all, I think he's pretty good at making himself look like one.

13 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Or Kalie has removed her.

I am happy to accept this as a possible explanation though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Not sure if that's how it works in any company but yeah I know what you mean.

Sure, but Green Day isn't a company but a band who are friends... other bands have parted with other members before, without needing a legal reason for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

Please don't interpret this as hating on you or anything, but she has given proof and was criticized for giving it because it's private and doesn't belong on social media. But then again we can't believe if what she says is true because she didn't give enough.

Personally, I think how the way she has been behaving on social media and what she has published, all circumstances considered, is believable. She hasn't given me any reason to believe she isn't telling the truth, he has. I don't think he's a victim at all, I think he's pretty good at making himself look like one.

I am happy to accept this as a possible explanation though.

For what it's worth, I believe her. 

However, I'm concerned at some assumptions being made without evidence. 

Sadly having seen (much less famous,.ie. Not famous) relationships damaged this way. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know in one deleted tweet he said he only wants to talk to her to get an explanation and she ghosted him. If it’s a power thing, he may not be taking to being ghosted very kindly and the lack of answers is making him angey and crazy.  Not a defense, just a possible explanation from his side of his behavior.

That would explain a lot, and he seems to act without thinking, like the Twitter thing 

Just now, Goofygoldfish said:

For what it's worth, I believe her. 

However, I'm concerned at some assumptions being made without evidence. 

Sadly having seen (much less famous,.ie. Not famous) relationships damaged this way. 

There is plenty of evidence. She posted it and in these cases, it does speaks for itself. Loudly.

Maybe it's hard, but people have been found dead for less than that. Stop excusing his behaviour.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Sure, but Green Day isn't a company but a band who are friends... other bands have parted with other members before, without needing a legal reason for it.

True...I assume the touring members have a contract, depends on what it looks like and most of all on whether it's enough of a reason to let him go. 

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

As friends, they should maybe reach out to Jeff and ask him to stop. 

Definitely, I hope they won't just blindly take his side because they're friends, I think they're better than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Signe said:

Maybe it's hard, but people have been found dead for less than that. Stop excusing his behaviour.  

Correct. And I am not in any way excusing his behaviour. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Correct. And I am not in any way excusing his behaviour. 

Am I right in thinking that you believe we shouldn't know about his harassing behaviour, because of evidence or because it's private ?