Random Green Day News

Hermione

I refrain from having an Opinion TM on this because it obviously isn't our business, however Jeff's behavior isn't okay at all. He's a grown man and the way he's acted is plain wrong. Just don't wash dirty laundry in public. It's good he's recognizing he's made a mistake.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Positively surprised by his reaction to me and a friend joining forces to fight some shame into him

SLAY QUEEN. 

• Haha 1

Maybe I've missed some things he said, but from the only 5 tweets that were posted in the previous page he didn't seem to call for hate on her, more like expressing how he was hurt. Perhaps it can seem immature (I didn't personally have any feeling of it being mature or immature) but since he has fans that care about him and he had posted a lot about his happiness in his relationship on his social media, it seems understandable that he posted when the relationship was ended... However, it's a good thing that people also cared about her ex not being bashed on social media because of his fame, and that he reacted positively when being called back on twitter about it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Maybe I've missed some things he said, but from the only 5 tweets that were posted in the previous page he didn't seem to call for hate on her, more like expressing how he was hurt. Perhaps it can seem immature (I didn't personally have any feeling of it being mature or immature) but since he has fans that care about him and he had posted a lot about his happiness in his relationship on his social media, it seems understandable that he posted when the relationship was ended... However, it's a good thing that people also cared about her ex not being bashed on social media because of his fame, and that he reacted positively when being called back on twitter about it.

On Instagram (a post he’s since deleted) someone commented ‘she’s made her twitter private, must have been getting hate’ and he replied ‘keep it coming’.

I'm glad Jeff has tried to calm things down, yes he did wrong and appears to have learnt from it. Kaylie has now made her IG either private or deleted after she did a live video crying that people were making hurtful threats to her and her son. Seriously, where do people get off. That is never OK to threaten someone 😭. Hope they sort it all out and come to peace with however it gets left, and move on. Whether she did wrong or not, she didn't deserve that. Hope she's OK too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

On Instagram (a post he’s since deleted) someone commented ‘she’s made her twitter private, must have been getting hate’ and he replied ‘keep it coming’.

Oh, I didn't see that. Just noticing it on the screenshot @Billie Hoe took above. Yeah that's a shitty thing to say. I understand though that he must have had himself hate thoughts towards her, that could be normal right after a break up, but yeah when he posts it on social media he'll regret it afterwards, since these hate thoughts vanish quickly. But who is immature, he posting his thoughts at the moment he's blinded by them, or his followers whose judgments aren't supposedly blinded and yet who start (on their own) to hate on his ex? I mean, he said what he said afterwards and that was shitty, but if people started to hate on her, it's these people who chose to do so themselves. I think the social media machine is more to blame than Jeff in particular

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

He could've expected the fan reaction - it's always like this when someone social media-famous decides to spew shit on something.

Yeah he could've expected it, but is he able to think of that rationally when he's only angry and desperate? I think the problem is social media being used for expressing these kinds of feelings right when you feel them, since people don't react rationally to these posts either. Hating on her when it's easy to see he's just hurt after their break up? It's obvious and normal he's going to be hurt, and angry against her right after that. Indeed he shouldn't express this stuff on there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

But who is immature, he posting his thoughts at the moment he's blinded by them, or his followers whose judgments aren't supposedly blinded and yet who start (on their own) to hate on his ex? I mean, he said what he said afterwards and that was shitty, but if people started to hate on her, it's these people who chose to do so themselves. I think the social media machine is more to blame than Jeff in particular

He is. He is the immature one and he is not even slightly innocent in this. Yes he made a mistake, but it was a terrible one. He was downright vicious, he not only told people to harass her online, he also aired the dirty laundry for everyone to see, both on Twitter and on Instagram, he called her a liar and cheater and deceiver, and outright said she cheated on him with several men - and no offense, but we dont know the whole story, we dont know if he didn't exaggerate stuff or flat out lied to make people, most of all himself, feel better about hating her. We dont know him that well, and from his reaction to the whole thing I'm inclined to believe her over him. She is not that well known to fans and if he hadn't made such a public scene and encouraged everyone to hate her, she wouldnt have deleted her Twitter, she wouldnt have privatized her Instagram and wouldnt have had to address the threats even her son got.

I appreciate the apology he made but that doesnt really change the conscious choice he made to vent out his frustrations and hurt her with it. His emotions are not an excuse, not when he gets sympathy and she gets harassment.🤷🏼‍♀️ 

So no, dont blame social media. Blame him. He knows about the influence he has and he knew it before the break up...

• Like 2

Yes Jeff shouldn’t be airing his personal stuff on social media and there is no excuse for people actually threatening her. Ridiculous. However, there is something about this young lady that made my red flags pop up from the beginning of the relationship. I don’t trust her at all, and I think she was using him. Jeff was also kind of stupid to get involved with her though so he bears a lot of the responsibility. And of course as I said, no excuse for online threats. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Spoken like a true fangirl

Has that just become the standard put down these days for anyone who posts in the fangirl thread like they’re not capable of rational thought?  Opinions can differ from yours and nobody is fangirling over Jeff.   No need to dismiss people.

I think what he did was wrong and we have no idea what she did other than his word but you basically shamed him publicly for shaming her publicly and that seems hypocritical.  Who are we to judge anything about this relationship when we don’t know the facts?  Either offer sympathy for the breakup or leave them alone. 

• Like 1

Lol, I post in the fangirl thread but okay, I take it back then. You sound like a village grandmother who is scandalized by the promiscuous young lady teen their son dates and who you think uses him for his money.

Yeah I shamed a middle aged public person with a large following for publicly shaming his 24 year younger non-celebrity ex girlfriend who has received threats and harassment from fans after he posted it.🙄 

Edit: sorry Hermione, I hit send before I saw your post 

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Can we not speculate about Jeff, Jeff's ex and their relationship please. All we know is what's been posted on social media plus the fact that there's two sides to every story so it's not the best idea to assume one side is gospel, or that it's not gospel for that matter.  We don't know anything about their motivations and a debate about who is good or bad based on guesswork and assumptions doesn't need to happen here.

I agree, no further debate. I wasn’t going to say anything at all. But since there have been several posts bashing Jeff and portraying his ex as an innocent victim with no other angle, I wanted to at least bring forth what I know quite a few people were thinking based on observation of her. Usually those gut feelings of sincerity or lack of are spot on. 

27 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Thinking you can judge a woman by looking at photos of her plus captions like "I love you" is just judging women by their appearance/sexism. Fans would have the same "gut feeling" about any young attractive woman a band member dated.

THIS. 

There’s nothing to suggest his ex did anything wrong. But there is evidence of Jeff being a twat on social media 🤷🏻‍♀️ I find the idea of her getting death threats a bit ridiculous though - I know some GD fans are intense but who loves Jeff Matika to that extent, to blindly send her stuff based on his word alone? :lol: (For real though I know this is a problem for women who are/were involved with male celebs so Jeff stoked what was probably an already lit flame, and he probably knew that.) 

Anyway, fascinating as Jeff’s personal life is 😛 at least he realised he was wrong and hopefully everyone, not least them, can now move on from the whole thing.

• Like 4

Right, and I’m sure Jeff totally made up that his eyes were opened after communicating with all the other men she was messaging. Sorry, but that’s not something he would just fabricate and put on social media.

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Right, and I’m sure Jeff totally made up that his eyes were opened after communicating with all the other men she was messaging. Sorry, but that’s not something he would just fabricate and put on social media.

I don't think anyone said Jeff made it up.

• Like 1