Random Green Day News

Hermione

On 11/1/2018 at 7:00 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Can anyone confirm this?

You should listen to Common Rider. Last Wave Rockers is great and This Is Unity Music is even better. Billie did play guitar and back up vocals in the Thief In The Night - EP, which is only OK.

Edited by Hermione
Please remove videos from quotes

17 hours ago, hym.jarred said:

You should listen to Common Rider. Last Wave Rockers is great and This Is Unity Music is even better. Billie did play guitar and back up vocals in the Thief In The Night - EP, which is only OK.

Agreed. Those two albums kick ass. The EP isn't as good, sadly.

• Love 1

Here Are 9 Times That Green Day’s Music Has Appeared On TV Shows

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/here-are-9-times-that-green-days-music-has-appeared-on-tv-shows

What were the best-ever Voodoo Fest performances? Green Day, the Killers, Neil Young, NIN...

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/entertainment_life/keith_spera/article_d42b3b9e-d7a0-11e8-b623-abc4b7085910.html

Green Day, 2004

Voodoo hosted the first American stop for Green Day's “American Idiot” tour. By the time that tour concluded a year later, “American Idiot” was a certified classic, and the former punk rock trio had taken its place among arena rock's big boys. At Voodoo, Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt were on fire. They morphed “King For a Day” into the “Animal House” anthem “Shout!,” reprised Queen’s “We Are the Champions” without irony and recruited kids from the crowd to form an impromptu punk band onstage. Eight years later, Green Day canceled on Voodoo at the last minute when Armstrong went to rehab; Metallica filled in. Armstrong and company probably couldn’t have been better than they were in '04. That day, they were untouchable.

Green Day, the Offspring and Radiohead get the laser treatment at the Frost Museum of Science

https://www.southflorida.com/music/sf-miami-laser-shows-green-day-offspring-frost-science-museum-20181016-story.html

Called “Green Day vs. the Offspring,” the museum’s 60-minute laser show will salute the California bands at 8 p.m., pairing throwback spectacle with a roster of greatest hits. That includes Green Day’s “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life),” “Warning” and “Minority” and the Offspring’s “One Fine Day,” “Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)” and “Self Esteem.”

Here’s how much money Green Day actually make at the end of September

https://www.nme.com/news/music/green-day-september-money-2387865

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

They're like, multi millionaires who can travel anywhere and any time they want and have homes all over the place so I'm sure they won't put themselves in any unnecessary danger.

Wow, didn’t know if you were rich you were entitled to no compassion 🙄 So does that extend to his entire extended family that are also there breathing toxic air? I’ll try and remember that for next time. 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wow, didn’t know if you were rich you were entitled to no compassion. 

Eat the rich ♡

This is a lot more of a problem for people who don't have the means to get away and who also suffer more of a loss (in proportion to the total of their assets) if the fire affects them directly than someone who might lose one of their 120 houses.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7438176/musician-pseudonyms-taylor-swift-prince

12 Musicians Who Have Used Pseudonyms

Green Day

The punk icons have gone undercover a number of times during their career, as the new wave six-piece The Network in 2003, then as The Coverups in March 2018, an all-covers band comprised of singer Billie Joe Armstrong and bassist Mike Dirnt, along with touring guitarist Jason White, audio engineer Chris Dugan on drums and tour manager Bill Schneider on bass. Several months later, Armstrong was at it again with a mystery side project called The Longshot, who surprise dropped their 11-song debut in April 2018. According to reports -- again, the band's people wouldn't confirm anything about Longshot to Billboard -- it featured Armstrong, guitarist Kevin Preston, drummer David S. Field and Green Day touring guitarist Jeff Matika. 

• Like 3

I was wondering why they didn't mention FBHT as well. They're also treating this as if the band members are trying to be sneaky and "undercover" when there is no secret about their involvement whatsoever (apart from TN to a certain extent).

• Like 2

I mean they still won't say they're the Network to this day so they are kind of sneaky :P. They're implying the sneakiness with the wrong band though

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I mean they still won't say they're the Network to this day so they are kind of sneaky :P. They're implying the sneakiness with the wrong band though

Oh the things I could reveal - shoot me a PM.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah, that's why I said apart from The Network. :P Their other acts are not sneaky at all.

Just now, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yeah, that's why I said apart from The Network. :P Their other acts are not sneaky at all.

Oops totally missed you said that, I'll blame the "TN" abbreviation :P 

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Oops totally missed you said that, I'll blame the "TN" abbreviation :P 

No worries, I was wondering if that was the case. Haha!

I remember an interview where they were asked what other songs they wished were on the GD Rock Band video game and Billie said "It's not our song, but 'Hungry Hungry Models' would be fun" or something to that effect. That one always gets me because of the denial. :lol: It is your fucking song, Billie, and we all know it!

• Haha 4

On 11/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, hym.jarred said:

Just downloaded the ep. Its pretty meh.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:56 AM, nopride84 said:

Just downloaded the ep. Its pretty meh.

The EP IS very meh. but the two albums are fucking great. Jesse Michaels is O.G 

Some woke ass lyrics.