Random Green Day News

Hermione

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’ll freak out!!

So what does this say about the drum sound for the next album?

First of all, are Green Day building themselves a brand new studio? We were wondering how they were going to do a more ambitious album in Otis. This would also explain the longer delay. And the big Reverb sale of all of the old Jingletown equipment. Brand new big studio?!  And Tre needs a honking huge drum kit for it? This is news!!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

First of all, are Green Day building themselves a brand new studio? We were wondering how they were going to do a more ambitious album in Otis. This would also explain the longer delay. And the big Reverb sale of all of the old Jingletown equipment. Brand new big studio?!  And Tre needs a honking huge drum kit for it? This is news!!

I doubt they are building a new studio. They sold Jingletown because of the bad memories attached to it but also because it was a money pit, so I don't think they would invest that much money into a new studio. My guess is that they use Otis for side projects and demos and then if they don't self-produce the next album they might go down to LA. It'd be kinda cool though to see them go to New York or somewhere in England and record an album though

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I doubt they are building a new studio. They sold Jingletown because of the bad memories attached to it but also because it was a money pit, so I don't think they would invest that much money into a new studio. My guess is that they use Otis for side projects and demos and then if they don't self-produce the next album they might go down to LA. It'd be kinda cool though to see them go to New York or somewhere in England and record an album though

It was a money pit because it was an old building with outmoded equipment. In some cases building a new space is more cost effective than repairing the old. I just thought SJC might have slipped something when they said Tre wanted his drums “for the new studio”. The wording implies it is a new place of their own as opposed to renting an existing studio to record. You wouldn’t say it like that otherwise. Recording at Ocean Way for example wouldn’t be “the new studio”. 

I’m still curious. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

if they say new studio it's likely to be true, I mean, it could be an exaggeration, but it's likely SJC know

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I was just about to Google something when this popped up

3d6HBQV.png

...... I can't fucking believe it, it's the best thing I've ever heard

That was thoroughly entertaining!

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^^ New studio? 🧐🧐🧐

ETA: I’m sorry but isn’t anybody going to freak out over the hint of a new studio that needs an enormous new drum kit? For Green Day? 😲

OMG, I saw Tre post about his new drums but didn't see the SJC one with the "new studio" reference!!!!!!  Yeah, got to be something brewing - well I hope anyway.  Will try not to get too excited, Billie has been pretty busy but it's good to know Tre was wanting this big sound! :runaround::runaround:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

That was thoroughly entertaining!

No no no, what is this travesty!  Couldn't stand to listen to all of  it. :cry::cry:

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

OMG, I saw Tre post about his new drums but didn't see the SJC one with the "new studio" reference!!!!!!  Yeah, got to be something brewing - well I hope anyway.  Will try not to get too excited, Billie has been pretty busy but it's good to know Tre was wanting this big sound! :runaround::runaround:

Yes! Please get excited with me. It seems like people are dismissing this for some reason and I don’t know why. It’s the first hint of real Green Day news we’ve had this year. :dance:

• Like 3

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes! Please get excited with me. It seems like people are dismissing this for some reason and I don’t know why. It’s the first hint of real Green Day news we’ve had this year. :dance:

YES, I mean come on, Tre with a huge new drum set for the new studio - we've been very excited on so much less.  Wonder if you are right and SJC let it slip??  Need to start following them.

• Like 4

I mean, Otis is still relatively new right? I don't see why they'd need a new studio so soon, if they wanted a more professional environment there is no shortage of studios they could book in LA.

Still very cool that they seem to be gearing up for something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I mean, Otis is still relatively new right? I don't see why they'd need a new studio so soon, if they wanted a more professional environment there is no shortage of studios they could book in LA.

Still very cool that they seem to be gearing up for something.

Otis is new but it’s very small. If they want more musicians and producers in there they wouldn’t have a lot of room.

Yep, afraid to say I wonder if SJC meant their new studios which they clearly have in more recent posts. :(

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Yep, afraid to say I wonder if SJC meant their new studios which they clearly have in more recent posts. :(

Oh yeah bummer. SJC built a new studio to make videos and demonstrate their drums. 😕 

• Sad 2

Well, I’m happy as long as they get a producer and go into a larger studio than Otis... It’s fine for retakes, demos and side-projects, but I think a GD album needs more...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Well, I’m happy as long as they get a producer and go into a larger studio than Otis... It’s fine for retakes, demos and side-projects, but I think a GD album needs more...

I want this for the next album too. I think for Revrad they needed to take a step back though and I'm glad they did it the way they did. I think Otis has potential, I think they just needed a better mixing engineer. I'm hoping Revrad was a transitional album, I liked it but I don't really know where they will go next time. I don't think they will reinvent their sound, and I don't want them too. I loved the energy on bang bang and I hope that shows up more in the next album.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

A few weeks ago I mentioned I did an interview with a member of Prima Donna/The Longshot. Now the interview is live!

Check out my interview with Kevin Preston! 

http://genreisdead.com/genre-is-dead-interview-with-prima-donnas-kevin-preston/

And let me just say, he was more than happy to gush over Billie! I was nervous asking him about it because we were there to mainly talk about Prima Donna's new LP, but he loved it! That made me so happy that he liked talking about Billie :lol: Otherwise, he was a great dude! We had such a nice conversation. 

Thanks for a great interview! 👍

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

A few weeks ago I mentioned I did an interview with a member of Prima Donna/The Longshot. Now the interview is live!

Check out my interview with Kevin Preston! 

http://genreisdead.com/genre-is-dead-interview-with-prima-donnas-kevin-preston/

And let me just say, he was more than happy to gush over Billie! I was nervous asking him about it because we were there to mainly talk about Prima Donna's new LP, but he loved it! That made me so happy that he liked talking about Billie :lol: Otherwise, he was a great dude! We had such a nice conversation. 

Very nice!  Was it in person, or a phone interview?

• Thanks 1