Random Green Day News

Hermione

Yeah that's bad. I love Kendrick Lamar and he's amazing live but otherwise the line up is pretty dire. 

There's a few ''alright'' / ''middle-of-the-road'' bands in that line-up like Papa Roach and Sum 41, but on the whole it's admittedly pretty dire. Also, as much as I can respect Kendrick Lamar as musician (though I'm not such a great fan of his music), I don't think this is the type of festival he should be headlining...

Ok, this confuses me.  It’s dated 14 Feb and says it’s about a concert to be played on Thursday, which shouldn’t have happened yet in SF, but it says it looks like Billie from the balcony? Am I missing something or just being dense?

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.popmatters.com/queens-of-the-stone-age-2534237862.html&ct=ga&cd=CAEYASoTNTMyMzI4NDg3MDMwNzc4MTE3NjIaZjdlM2Y2Y2ZkNjViYzM2Yzpjb206ZW46VVM&usg=AFQjCNEtFSXSqyTEmEztiubBA6cAROCt_w

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

Ok, this confuses me.  It’s dated 14 Feb and says it’s about a concert to be played on Thursday, which shouldn’t have happened yet in SF, but it says it looks like Billie from the balcony? Am I missing something or just being dense?

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.popmatters.com/queens-of-the-stone-age-2534237862.html&ct=ga&cd=CAEYASoTNTMyMzI4NDg3MDMwNzc4MTE3NjIaZjdlM2Y2Y2ZkNjViYzM2Yzpjb206ZW46VVM&usg=AFQjCNEtFSXSqyTEmEztiubBA6cAROCt_w

Looks like the show was February 1 according to the flyer printed in the article. Billie is friends with the guys in EODM and the song he guested on Bowie’s Moonage Daydream is the song he lifted lyrics from for the FBHT song Alligator (“I’m an alligator...I’m a space invader”) so this makes total sense. Shame no one got video of it.  Nice find.

ETA: There are clips of the show on YouTube but none of this that I can find. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

Oh doh, didn’t read the flyer!  Would Billie not have posted about it?  Hope something pops up.

There is something about it that doesn't sit right with me. I am by no means an authority, but I don't believe Billie is friends with EODM. I believe he is friends with one of their touring guitarists, Eden Galindo, who used to be Mikes Bass tech. There lead singer, Jesse Hughes, is not Billies type of person. He is a Trump supporter, who has spoke out against muslims who speaks openly about his drug use. It seems odd ot me that Billie would support him. However, he could have been supporting Eden Galindo. 

It also seems odd to me that no one heard about this, there are no pictures, no video and no posts of someone saying that Billie played with them. 

I am a bit of a doubting Thomas to begin with so unless I see proof, I am doubting its legitimacy.  

Here is a video from THAT show...but no Billie onstage ( the only one who could look similar is obviously Eden Galindo )

• Thanks 1

On Monday, we're celebrating all things Green Day! Listen all day for their biggest hits and tracks you haven't heard for ages, then from 9pm there's another chance to hear their incredible BST Hyde Park gig from last year.

Listen across the UK:
📻 Digital Radio (retune if you couldn't get us before - you can now!)
📱 The Absolute Radio App, where you can also get all of our other stations
💻 http://absoluteradio90s.co.uk

📸 Jordan Curtis Hughes

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So I wonder if they will air the same Hyde Park highlights like last time or is there any chance we will get something that hasn't been aired yet?

• Like 1

It baffles me that they had the nerve to call it ‘Green Day Monday’ when they’ve played a grand total of one GD song so far! One! I asked them about this on Twitter (as well as if we can expect anything more, such as extended highlights), but since I haven’t received any answer I assume not...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

It baffles me that they had the nerve to call it ‘Green Day Monday’ when they’ve played a grand total of one GD song so far! One! I asked them about this on Twitter (as well as if we can expect anything more, such as extended highlights), but since I haven’t received any answer I assume not...

Haha, like last time when they announced to play the whole Hyde Park set... and then played like 10 songs of it. Great marketing 👍

• Like 1

Yes, we got: 11 songs (instead of the full set), in the wrong order, annoyingly censored, heavily compressed and often cut short with agonizing interruptions in-between (including unnecessary and badly placed voice-overs and a large ad-break jammed right in the middle). Boy was I fuming at the end of that! At least the band sounded absolutely fantastic. Not the worst selection of songs either, admittedly. But still...

• Like 2

Shhhh, I was away at something (forget now) and poor hubby spent hours making sure he got it all recorded for me - the whole three hour segment as advertised - I am still telling him how good it was!  :lol:

4 hours ago, tomdsjames said:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams has become Green Day's first video on YouTube to cross 200 million views.

I had never paid any attention to the numbers before @Redundant_idiot_ started quoting them.  I looked last Wednesday and saw that BOBD was at 199, 308. 003 and today it's at more than 97,000 over the 200 mill!  Not a bad jump.  Am I the only one who's been watching it obsessively to get it over the 200 mill?  I was surprised to see that AI has only about 105 mill views so am now moving to it - #needstogetanewjob lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Shhhh, I was away at something (forget now) and poor hubby spent hours making sure he got it all recorded for me - the whole three hour segment as advertised - I am still telling him how good it was!  :lol:

Awww this is so cute:happy:

So @MillenniumFan will you  be recording the Hyde Park songs tonight? Maybe we have a chance of getting them without the annoying interruptions. Or will they just repeat the whole thing with all the babbling?

Recording right now, but tempted to abort, because it’s just the exact same s**** so far... (started with Basket Case, had same transition, voice over and everything). 

But tbh, what else could we really expect... 

Also, listening to this makes me want even more that they release a live album / live DVD damnit...

EDIT: Ok, the whole thing’s over. Apart from the fact that Youngblood was skipped it’s the exact same thing! Seriously, exactly the same. Same order, same interruptions, same goddamn everything... What a waste of precious time...

Uggggggh, I feel about as cynical as Christian in Christians Inferno right now lol

God (not that I believe in him) help me...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

EDIT: Ok, the whole thing’s over. Apart from the fact that Youngblood was skipped it’s the exact same thing! Seriously, exactly the same. Same order, same interruptions, same goddamn everything... What a waste of precious time..

The only good thing about this is that listening to Green Day is never a waste of time:) Thanks for trying anyway!

• Like 1

That’s true, especially live! Gotta say, never gets old (though I’m sure I’ve heard some of those songs hundreds of times by now). I still feel the same excitement every time!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, tomdsjames said:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams has become Green Day's first video on YouTube to cross 200 million views.

It won't be long until 21 Guns reaches 200m views too. It's on 198.7m at the moment.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News