Random Green Day News

Hermione

Largest hypocrite in the industry as well: ''muh I don't care if people tell me I'm ripping them off, I know I'm just taking inspiration! ...Oh, wait, did Green Day just release a wildly popular song that sounds very vaguely like Wonderwall, but actually not at all, let me bitch all day about how it's a rip-off boo hoo!''.

Not that I dislike their music, but a lot of it is heavily inspired by other work (for example by the Beatles etc.) and the Gallagher brothers are some of the most arrogant self-important pricks in the industry!

• Like 3

The irony of Noel Gallagher calling other band's music boring :lol: 

Also since when does "the Queens of the Stone Age guy" take inspiration from the news and scream? What a terrible example to pick.

• Like 2

I like Noel Gallagher, I like his music and I think he is one of the funniest musicians there is. Him hitting out at bands singing about what's in the news is hilarious though you know considering he absolutely loves Bono and U2.

12 hours ago, emenius said:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/nz-teams/98896795/welcome-to-perudise-all-whites-stars-meet-american-rock-band-green-day

Billie and Tre pose for pics with the All Whites in hotel (NZ national football team).

Okay, that explains why Billie was wearing a soccer shirt in his recent Instagram post :) Also, I love the headline: "Welcome to Peru-dise". Brilliant :lol:

• Like 1

http://m.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2017/11/14/1201087

New interview with BJA.

Translation:

Will Billie Joe and Tim Armstrong cooperate in the future? The two musicians seem to want to do it - new interview
Excelsior.Com.Mx: in every person there is a rebellious spirit. It is still the case that punk rock is the genre of excellence that tends to criticize, because since the time of gold in the United Kingdom and New York, in the mid-70 s, it was against the monarchy, defending the rights of Working class and fighting against racism.

The Battle line continued in the United States with the emergence of scenes from the west coast and East Bay, a blockade which, until now, remains the strongest anti-government group in the world, which is opposed to George w's war ideas. Bush and now he's doing it against the racism spread by President Donald Trump's philosophy.

"and the most impressive thing is that now punk rock is even more important", says in an exclusive interview with Excelsior, Billie Joe Armstrong, leader of the group of Green Day, one of the pillars of the genre since 1986, " because people are really angry and that, in my opinion, has stopped to in one category. Today we can see many people listening to the music of Kendrick Lamar and Bad Religion, or any other genre that, where if not everyone is recognized in that kind of protest, it is a multicultural moment in the Coexistence, we have the same concerns and desire to express all our discontent, which for me represents the punk of today ", added the singer singer.

The most powerful and more albums that green day released were American idiot (2004) and the most recent revolution radio (2016), both born in the controversial governments of George w. Bush and trump, respectively; in addition to their popular and beloved dookie, del1994.

So the force of punk lies in the most complex contexts that humanity has to face?

" suddenly things got pretty hectic. For example, we recorded revolution radio while we were watching the election campaign (direct to the presidency of the United States) and we saw that it was rather corrupt, dirty, dishonest and that, in one way or another, it would end badly for us. Once again, it was that American culture that made me worry, and at the same time to focus on a record that talks about poverty, which seems to be no matter, of violence, shootings, insecurity. In the end it was a powerful message, and a desperate attempt to project the things that I had in my head and they gave me the chills ", he said

This Friday, before their participation on Sunday at the closing of the Festival Corona Capital, green day will publish their greatest hits album: God's favorite band, with the original track back in the USA and a collaboration with the country singer Miranda Lambert In ordinary world, a genre that was never completely ignored by Oakland Musicians, because in kerplunk! ,,,,,,,.,.,.,., In addition, Billie is in talks with Tim Armstrong, the voice of Rancid, to extend the project ' armstrongs' well beyond the simple ' if there was ever a time ', and promote the documentary Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk , narrated by the legendary Iggy Pop.

" it was one of the funniest collaborations that Tim and I made, and it's something we're seriously talking about to carry it further. Even the documentary was very laborious, now I can say that it took a long time because the bands and people involved release so much information about a cultural movement that today continues to transcend, which attracts children, who influence them, that is why it is Time to tell our story. We know that at the base of ours there was always unity, communion and support between brothers, as it should be now in the world ", added billie.

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2017/11/14/1201087

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This Friday, before their participation on Sunday at the closing of the Festival Corona Capital, green day will publish their greatest hits album: God's favorite band, with the original track back in the USA and a collaboration with the country singer Miranda Lambert In ordinary world, a genre that was never completely ignored by Oakland Musicians

Just to add to the confusion / debate...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Just to add to the confusion / debate...

I was skeptical so I ran the original Spanish back through the translator. The word translates to unreleased not original, before people start to freak out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was skeptical so I ran the original Spanish back through the translator. The word translates to unreleased not original, before people start to freak out. 

So we're still in the dark :lol: 

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Why Nov. 21 Matters in Rock History

"In 1995, Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong was arrested and fined 141 dollars for dropping his pants at a concert in Milwaukee, Wisconsin."

Happy anniversary? :lol: 

It also happens to be the anniversary of when he stopped getting naked onstage damn him 😄

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It also happens to be the anniversary of when he stopped getting naked onstage damn him 😄

He only mooned that time! He got away with being naked and getting his penis out so many times and ended up getting busted just for flashing his bum :P 

Brooklyn Beckham debuts shocking new punk rock hairstyle similar to Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/1236235/brooklyn-beckham-shocking-punk-rock-hairstyle-chloe-grace-moretz-green-day-billie-joe-armstrong

This has got to be the most ridiculous news story I've ever seen. I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.:lol: Smh...

• Haha 3

The link just takes you to the Express tabloid hone page and I don’t see that article on it. But I’m probably better for it so it’s just as well. :lol:

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The link just takes you to the Express tabloid hone page and I don’t see that article on it. But I’m probably better for it so it’s just as well. :lol:

6 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

How do you get to the actual story? The link goes to a general page. I need a good laugh

:huh: That's strange. It works when I click it. The only problem I can think of is that it's a British magazine, so it might not work in other countries.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News