Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

Ah, we're on the same page then. And the one video is definitely enough. 

There is other footage of Billie peeing, though. Namely in the documentary from Warped tour with Blink 182 (Riding In Vans With Boys?) and some other I thankfully didn't have the pleasure to see. 

39 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

There is other footage of Billie peeing, though. Namely in the documentary from Warped tour with Blink 182 (Riding In Vans With Boys?) and some other I thankfully didn't have the pleasure to see. 

Come to think of it I did watch that old video where he filmed himself. I suppose we can say being a less than perfect fan has its ups sometimes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Come to think of it I did watch that old video where he filmed himself. I suppose we can say being a less than perfect fan has its ups sometimes.

Yeah, I don't have to see everything. 

• Like 2

SOMEBODY is peeing into a toilet in Cuatro, can't imagine who as he's becoming a repeat offender, and I'm sure there is footage of Billie peeing against a wall in a video around the time of either AI or 21CB, can't think what it was though, I have one of those MTV world stage things but sure that's not right.

• Like 1

AND that really old video when they were at someone's house in England and Billie filmed himself tinkling.  And showed his weiner.

Exhibitionist indeed.

Edited by Niënor

Green Day is most unlikely punk band in history

Billie Joe Armstrong and his bandmates in Green Day have always been contrarians.

Appearing March 25 at the Petersen Events Center in Oakland, Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt and drummer Tre Cool have rarely followed conventions. From Grammy Awards to Broadway, Green Day is the most unlikely punk band in the history of the genre.

Here's a short history of how Green Day carved its own path to success.

When Armstrong and Dirnt formed the first incarnation of Green Day, Sweet Children, in 1986, they were 14 years old. By the time the band released its first album in 1991, “1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hour,” it had developed a loyal fan base that adhered to the punk ethos of raw, often abrasive music as the perfect distillation of youthful angst.

A second album, “Kerplunk,” in 1992, cemented Green Day's status as avatars of the Northern California punk scene.

Then came “Dookie.” Released on Reprise Records in 1994, it vaulted Green Day from the underground to widespread exposure via videos on MTV. Suburban kids across the country became diehard fans, attracted by the adolescent views expressed in songs such as “Longview,” “Basket Case” and “When I Come Around.”

The review in Rolling Stone magazine was succinct: “If Pearl Jam were too epic for you, Nirvana too oblique, if your suburban teen inertia sprang from tedium not trauma — well, these nagging brats were here to spill hair dye on your living room carpet.”

“Dookie” paved the way for bands such as Fall Out Boy, New Found Glory, the Offspring and Sum 41 in the same way that Nirvana's “Nevermind” opened the gates for grunge bands. And in the process, Green Day became … mainstream. A segment of its fan base that flocked to the Alternative Music Foundation, a DIY club on Gilman Street in Berkeley, disavowed the band's success as antithetical to punk. But when the Pandoran box of success opens there's no turning back.

The band's next album, 1995's “Insomniac,” cemented Green Day's standing as populist punks, yielding the hits “J.A.R.” and “Brain Stew/Jaded.” After “Nimrod” was released in 1997, Green Day's pop culture status was further cemented by way of the inclusion of the song “Time of Your Life” on the last “Seinfeld” show and two episodes of “E.R.”

“American Idiot,” released in 2004, was Green Day's most celebrated album, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard album charts and eventually winning the Grammy Award for best rock album and record of the year for the song “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” Reviews of the album were mixed. Pitchfork called it “the political concept album you didn't know they had in them. While never very lyrically insightful or poetic, ‘American Idiot' is certainly the band's most ambitious record to date, with a consistent narrative spun throughout its 13 tracks.”

The BBC was more effusive, calling the album “truly inventive and emotive stuff, and arguably Green Day's best work to date. Champions, indeed.”

Another Grammy Award for best rock album was earned in 2010 for “21st Century Breakdown.” But perhaps the most controversial Green Day experiment was the transformation of “American Idiot” for the stage. The play opened in April 2010 at the St. James Theatre on Broadway and ran for 427 performances. The cast recording album won a Grammy for best musical show album, and reviews were generally good, and sometimes effusive.

Writing in the New York Times, Charles Isherwood called it, “a pulsating portrait of wasted youth that invokes all the standard genre conventions — bring on the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, please! — only to transcend them through the power of its music and the artistry of its execution, the show is as invigorating and ultimately as moving as anything I've seen on Broadway this season.”

The play has since been performed in Canada, the U.K. and Sweden, and is scheduled to debut in Rio de Janeiro and Queensland, Australia, later this year.

http://triblive.com/aande/music/12075036-74/green-day-is-most-unlikely-punk-band-in-history

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 0:59 AM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG OF GREEN DAY WITH HER BEST SCARF ON THE STREETS OF MONTREAL - SPOTTED

http://99scenes.com/billie-joe-armstrong-de-green-day-plus-beau-foulard-rues-de-montreal-spotted/

:lol: The translation was too good not to post :lol:

😅furry Joe!😆

Edited by Hermione
Please remove images from quotes

22 hours ago, Niënor said:

Great article!  

Imaginary booger flicking.  How old are these guys? 😂

I read that part too..I mean seriously??..:lol:

sad but it is true.. happen those three are my ages!

I just came across this.  Has anyone heard it?   It is absolutely beautiful.  What a stunning cover

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I just came across this.  Has anyone heard it?   It is absolutely beautiful.  What a stunning cover

Wow! This cover is really great! :wub:

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 7:18 AM, Jane Lannister said:

Did they really think he was a woman? :lol:

Only in the translation!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart&Ave said:

Only in the translation!

Looking back on the photo, he does look feminine in his grandma-coat. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Looking back on the photo, he does look feminine in his grandma-coat. :lol:

Don't forget the leopard scarf to complete this fabulous outfit! I hope he had a thicker scarf the next day because it was glacial outside on the 23rd.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 4:18 AM, Jane Lannister said:

I thought he look and act like woman..but then that is all different kind story.

that photo remind me of him dressing up every time King for A Day (live) coming..on

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart&Ave said:

Don't forget the leopard scarf to complete this fabulous outfit! I hope he had a thicker scarf the next day because it was glacial outside on the 23rd.

The leopard scarf is fabulous! 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 11:18 AM, Jane Lannister said:

No, just the translation - google translate has to guess, since in French the gender of the word for his/her/its is based upon the noun rather than the pronoun.  E.G. Son père = his/her father; sa mère = his/her mother.  So the gender of the 3rd person possessive pronouns son/sa/ses refers to the thing being possessed (the scarf) rather than the person possessing (Billie).

Basically Google thinks Billie is a girl's name :lol: 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

New Green Day interview with Rolling Stone. Not sure if its the same one in their current issue:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/green-day-on-trump-american-idiot-bands-future-w473166

Thanks for the link! This is actually the whole interview and not the scans I posted before. Nice interview, specially with Mike and Tré. But there's something about RS interviews,maybe is just me but, sometimes the interviews "seems" kinda boring or like they were boring while making it or maybe is just the way I read it? lol. Anyway, I liked it.

"I saw somebody say the other day, "They played a couple of covers when they should have squeezed in some more of their old catalog, but I guess it's OK since they did 33 songs." Fuck you. Who plays 33 songs? Not to mention, some of those songs are seven and nine minutes long. Come on, man. Give me a break here."

I love Mike so much :lol:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Thanks for the link! This is actually the whole interview and not the scans I posted before. Nice interview, specially with Mike and Tré. But there's something about RS interviews,maybe is just me but, sometimes the interviews "seems" kinda boring or like they were boring while making it or maybe is just the way I read it? lol. Anyway, I liked it.

"I saw somebody say the other day, "They played a couple of covers when they should have squeezed in some more of their old catalog, but I guess it's OK since they did 33 songs." Fuck you. Who plays 33 songs? Not to mention, some of those songs are seven and nine minutes long. Come on, man. Give me a break here."

I love Mike so much :lol:

I kinda get what you mean. I think it's because RS is very cut and dry, so unless there are some hot topics being addressed they can be bland. But it was still a nice interview. I loved that part with Mike :lol:

• Like 1

Speaking of setlists, I've been checking out GD's setlist for these past shows and I've been disappointed with how little they change it. I get they can't squeeze everything in and make everyone happy, but they have to have some idea that a good number of people will follow the tour. Changing it up night after night only encourages people to see you multiple times, at least I think. I know they change may be a few songs here or there, but some of those setlists were the same as they played on the club tour.

I dunno, it's something that The Cure made quite clear when I saw them two nights. Those shows felt completely different and they changed half the setlist. Having bands, not just GD, tour the same setlist throughout year doesn't make me want to see them as often, in the same year at least. I know the guys have their own reasons; it's just been on mind lately, so don't mind me :) 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News