Random Green Day News

Hermione

And maybe they are the same parents who want a good spot for the kids.
Well done

If he really did insult catholic shit, I love him even more. :lol:

Ok, don't attack me. I'm just kidding.

:P ( maybe not )

They should all fuck off. I mean, are you REALLY complaining about the fact that the singer of a punk rock (or whatever you wanna call them) band swears? I mean, are you fucking serious? Then don't take your little kids in there. Rock concerts are not for butthurt parents who want everything to be properly censored for their kids.

Sorry, this made me pretty angry.

Actually it's not a "normal" swearword, like "fuck" or "shit", it's more or less like "god damn" but here it's a really rude word to say in public, I think that until a few years ago you could be fined for this, as if you had insulted a real person. However, I find it funny that this Catholic thing comes up now and not when he said it in May in Italy or even in 2005. And he's certainly not the only musician who said this, I remember Till from Rammstein said it too but nobody cared about it. It seems that after the rehab everyone feels the need to judge everything Billie does or says.

What did he say in Italian?

I don't speak Italian so the word will be nothing to me but I'd like to learn more words that are more offensive than fuck because Billie has made it so that fuck has lost all meaning to me :lol: Is it like an offensive to religious people kind of word?

• Like 2

I don't speak Italian so the word will be nothing to me but I'd like to learn more words that are more offensive than fuck because Billie has made it so that fuck has lost all meaning to me :lol: Is it like an offensive to religious people kind of word?

It's become a very usual word for me. :lol:

Like, yeah, he said " fuck ", so what? :P

He said "musica bella è la lingua di dio...porco dio"

the last two words are pretty offensive if you are religious but as I explained above I don't understand the reason why all this came up now, it's not like he never said it before, plus I think he just asked someone from the crew how to say "god damn" in Italian and they translated this way so he didn't even know what he was really saying

• Like 2

Typical italian stuff. Meh my poor country.

Like he's said the EXACT SAME THING on the last 2 tours ( 3 counting the 99 revolutions one )on every show and nothing like this was brought up.

And the "Do not invite em anymore" thing: Pathetic.

Green Day has other festivals to headline and much more important ones too.

Speechless.

• Like 2

Actually it's not a "normal" swearword, like "fuck" or "shit", it's more or less like "god damn" but here it's a really rude word to say in public, I think that until a few years ago you could be fined for this, as if you had insulted a real person. However, I find it funny that this Catholic thing comes up now and not when he said it in May in Italy or even in 2005. And he's certainly not the only musician who said this, I remember Till from Rammstein said it too but nobody cared about it. It seems that after the rehab everyone feels the need to judge everything Billie does or says.

REAL PERSON...wait....WHAT? This is funny and tragic at once.

And both Billie & Till are normal people who respect their audience, so these folks could just shut up.

Typical italian stuff. Meh my poor country.

Like he's said the EXACT SAME THING on the last 2 tours ( 3 counting the 99 revolutions one )on every show and nothing like this was brought up.

And the "Do not invite em anymore" thing: Pathetic.

Green Day has other festivals to headline and much more important ones too.

Speechless.

but that article is a Swiss one :)

in Italy he said that too but noone cared xD and yes these two words are pretty offensive here in italy, just imagine.. if you say those two words in television,it's something tragic :D the litteral translation is like: "pig god" or "dirty god"...I don't even know how to traslate it :D I remember that some years ago,two guys who were in the realityshow "Big Brother", said those words too and they were banned from the show..It's very offensive,a sort of "taboo" word here... but I think Billie didn't really know the real meaning and didn't want to offend anyone...seems like he said it just for fun...

• Like 3

But there are loads of teenagers that every 2 sentences they say that and I don't undersand why all this tragedy about Billie.
I don't understad the parents either. You don't wanna your son/daughter hear that? Keep him/her at home, safe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Well, I've just read this whole "article" and I'm left with a big "What the f**k is all this about??? :shok: " thought. I mean, Billie swears on every concert at least once, he's done it since I remember AND, as far as my memory goes, there were NO complaints about it in the past. And now - WHAT!? I'm sorry, but if parents aren't happy with their children hearing swears, then why on earth did they agree on letting them go on a Green Day concert, without checking what they look like ( if they are SO concerned about it ...).

And this: don't invite them again...it looks like a really bad taste joke for me...a joke that is sadly a reality.

sorry if I offended anyone - it's just my opinion...

• Like 1

He said "musica bella è la lingua di dio...porco dio"

the last two words are pretty offensive if you are religious but as I explained above I don't understand the reason why all this came up now, it's not like he never said it before, plus I think he just asked someone from the crew how to say "god damn" in Italian and they translated this way so he didn't even know what he was really saying

Not to mention someone threw a "Porco dio" HAT on stage in Bologna or somewhere that Billie put on his head... if that's not an endorsement from Italians to curse in their language I don't know what is.

• Like 1

What the fuck is this?? Italy FINALLY gets a Green Day concert that's not cancelled, and now they rage?

So what does porco dio mean? Cause I'm gonna start saying that in public places and see what happens lol. I know I've heard it before

So what does porco dio mean? Cause I'm gonna start saying that in public places and see what happens lol. I know I've heard it before

It means something like "god damn", the literal translation is "pig god" :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

It means something like "god damn", the literal translation is "pig god" :lol: :lol:

All I can think of are the pig men from Minecraft, and they must worship a pig god lol

What the fuck is this?? Italy FINALLY gets a Green Day concert that's not cancelled, and now they rage?

The concert was in Switzerland but a lot of people speak Italian in that area.

LOL you can try :lol: anyway I know this sounds odd but saying that in public it's considered worse than actually heavily insulting someone, especially if there are kids around :P

A lot of young people say that nowadays though, so...let's just ignore that article.

The concert was not in Italy. ;) However, the town it was held was a little too religious. I opened the drawer of my hotel night table, there was a book of psalms/abridged Bible inside.

And this is what I have done, then...BULLET IN A BIBLE. :P

6h1z.jpg

The town it was held was a little too religious.

Really.

They called also the Locarno priest - or something.

"Don't invite green day anymore" Are you dumb? It's seems so obviously that a priest would be offended by a thing like that, come on!

• Like 1

Really.

They called also the Locarno priest - or something.

"Don't invite green day anymore" Are you dumb? It's seems so obviously that a priest would be offended by a thing like that, come on!

yep! this situation is becoming ridiculous IMO

http://www.liberatv.ch/articolo/14696/billie-joe-bestemmia-sul-palco-locarno-don-andreatta-sono-sconcertato-e-addolorato

here's the article Ilaria talked about, it's an intervew to the priest about this situation, he said Billie and the band should be informed about the gravity of the thing,and see how they'll react..if they apologize or not...

this whole situation makes me laugh I don't know why. they even started a poll so people could express their opinion about it D: here's the poll http://www.tio.ch/News/Ticino/744899/Nessuna-rockstar-e-autorizzata-a-bestemmiare-in-un-concerto/

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News