Random Green Day News

Hermione

You shouldn't make assumptions based on absolutely nothing.

It's just what I think, and if he has Love in his left wrist why not Rage in the other?

• Like 1

It's just what I think, and if he has Love in his left wrist why not Rage in the other?

because you can just have 'love' on one wrist and not 'rage' on the other.

jakob has a fb? And you know this how? (Are you friends with him?) [that's awesome]

I first saw the picture on a fb group page and it said "from Jakobs fb page and the words dads new tattoo"

because you can just have 'love' on one wrist and not 'rage' on the other.

Yes but I don't know what's the problem if he has RAGE in the other?

• Like 1

haha, there isn't a problem. but we just don't know that for sure and you're making assumptions :P

There is no problem, we're saying it's not a fact, in case anyone comes here later and assumes we know more than we actually do.

In an interview on this online Italian magazine (Rock Now http://www.rocknow.it/magazine/) Shane Told from Silverstein has been asked what's their favourite song to play during soundchecks, and he replied "Any song from Green Day, we love them"

l87x.png

• Like 3

sorry i can't figure out, the tattoo is real or it's a fake?

Hmm, I think I'll need to see it to decide if I like it or not. I think it's kind of lame to get your own lyrics tattooed on you tbh

Well it's not like he hasn't done something similar before, he got the drunk bunny tattooed on him.

And plus, this is just my assumption, but I don't think he got rage on his other wrist. I think there would've been a picture of it somewhere already. Like, why would his son only upload love and not rage?

i dunno...in some of the yesterday's live video seems like he have something black on his right wrist...could be the 'rage' tatoo or maybe i'm just myopic

Wouldn't Billie be likely to instagram a new tattoo? I would think, but then you never know.

Wouldn't Billie be likely to instagram a new tattoo? I would think, but then you never know.

Eh I don't think so. Especially lately he hasn't been posting as much random pics besides stage shots.

I'm also of the camp that he probably did not get rage tattooed, he has been on a "LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!" kick lately during Letterbomb. But then again he is absolutely cheesy enough with himself to do it :lol: All bets were off when I saw him wearing a Green Day hoodie :lol: Those lyrics are also a lot deeper to him than they are to any of us, so I wouldn't even make fun of him for it even though by now it's so cliche.

Well, I'd make fun of him in a "Oh Billie, you're such a dork" way

:P

• Like 3

Eh I don't think so. Especially lately he hasn't been posting as much random pics besides stage shots.

I'm also of the camp that he probably did not get rage tattooed, he has been on a "LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!" kick lately during Letterbomb. But then again he is absolutely cheesy enough with himself to do it :lol: All bets were off when I saw him wearing a Green Day hoodie :lol: Those lyrics are also a lot deeper to him than they are to any of us, so I wouldn't even make fun of him for it even though by now it's so cliche.

Billie invented the phrase so he could get away with it :D. But yeah there'd be nothing unusual about it just being love, unless I see both I'll assume it's just that.

you can't see the inside of his wrist and that's probably where it would be :lol: i'm sure he just got love though. we may never even see it if he doesn't take that damn wristband off!

no "rage" inside the wrist--> GVXHR9K.jpg

if you look closely, in this pic you can cleary see a sort of bandaid under the wristband...but there's nothing on the right wrist, so I think he has only "Love " on the left ;)

txsuG9n.jpg

• Like 3

He might have gotten it on his anniversary

I was thinking it looked like of home made... I mean it's really simple, so someone he loves could have written it.

But we really should just let it go until actual information comes out (if ever) :lol:

Maybe it's says 'I love potatoes" on his wrist, ya know, since we actually don't know what it says...

• Like 1

not sure if they've been posted on here or not, but I believe that HT has a couple of new guys shirts :)

"Green Day Skull Slim Fit" for $20.50 (currently on sale for $15.38)

945375_631446350213254_2120580240_n.png

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Guys/Tees/MusicTees/PunkTees/Green+Day+Skull+Slim-Fit+T-Shirt-10023394.jsp

"Green Day Live T-Shirt" also $20.50 and currently on sale for $15.38

971660_631446210213268_2010172568_n.png

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Guys/Tees/MusicTees/PunkTees/Green+Day+Live+T-Shirt-10006129.jsp

Edited by Andres
I took them out of the spoilers, just for pretty.
  • Like 1

This may not be new news to anybody and i heard about it ages ago now i never posted for some reason, but John Roecker has hinted towards some American Idiot 10 year anniversary surprise he has been working on. Anyways i can't find where i first heard this but here is a new source that it is mentioned in again....

http://katmiiamor0.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/john-rocker-in-black-and-white/ - Interview with John Roecker

If you don't want to read the whole thing here is the segment on the 10th anniversary .... 'The seams between the music and art, have caught ahold of his heart like a hand grenade. Productions aside from Roecker’s Melody, John has been working steadily on the Green Day 10th anniversary documentary, with Billie Joe and the boys. Mentioning that there will be a “Surprise” of some sort, patience is a virtue as we will all have to wait and see just what type of masterpiece will be planned.'

Anyways i'm exited to see what happens, i'm really hoping for a release of 'Heart Like a Hand Grenade'.

What does everyone else think? And has anyone heard anything more about this?

• Like 4

This may not be new news to anybody and i heard about it ages ago now i never posted for some reason, but John Roecker has hinted towards some American Idiot 10 year anniversary surprise he has been working on. Anyways i can't find where i first heard this but here is a new source that it is mentioned in again....

http://katmiiamor0.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/john-rocker-in-black-and-white/ - Interview with John Roecker

If you don't want to read the whole thing here is the segment on the 10th anniversary .... 'The seams between the music and art, have caught ahold of his heart like a hand grenade. Productions aside from Roecker’s Melody, John has been working steadily on the Green Day 10th anniversary documentary, with Billie Joe and the boys. Mentioning that there will be a “Surprise” of some sort, patience is a virtue as we will all have to wait and see just what type of masterpiece will be planned.'

Anyways i'm exited to see what happens, i'm really hoping for a release of 'Heart Like a Hand Grenade'.

What does everyone else think? And has anyone heard anything more about this?

That would be cool but I'm honestly so sick of hearing Roecker milk this thing over the years by posting vague hints at when he will finally 'bestow his masterpiece' on the world that I almost DGAF. Especially after seeing how beautiful Cuatro was as a film, the parts we've seen of HLAHG seem pretty amateurish even though it's fun to see Green Day at work. Cuatro was a proper FILM, this is just footage, equally cool but I'm not going to give this guy any more of my brainspace until the thing is actually released.

• Like 4

That would be cool but I'm honestly so sick of hearing Roecker milk this thing over the years by posting vague hints at when he will finally 'bestow his masterpiece' on the world that I almost DGAF. Especially after seeing how beautiful Cuatro was as a film, the parts we've seen of HLAHG seem pretty amateurish even though it's fun to see Green Day at work. Cuatro was a proper FILM, this is just footage, equally cool but I'm not going to give this guy any more of my brainspace until the thing is actually released.

To be honest i quiet like him, i am getting impatient to see the whole of 'Heart Like A Hand Grenade' though! If its not released for AI's 10th and anniversary i will be a little annoyed and disappointing. I have to agree Quatro did look really good quality etc but i also really like the amateurish way Heart like a Hand Grenade seems to have been filmed

Has anyone seen 'They're all out with out you'.... the short film John did that he put up online about a year maybe 2 years ago i can't remember!?! I don't think its online for download any more at least not from where i got it from.... but if anyone's interested i'll put it up for people. Supposedly it was going to be in Heart Like A Hand Grenade John says at the begging of it anyways i really liked it.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News