Random Green Day News

Hermione

i wish i could have that talent and make any green day faces i want :runaround:

Oh yes, that too :P

Time of your life? Green Day tops funeral songs

Green Day’s Time of Your Life has overtaken Frank Sinatra’s My Way as the song most people would like played at their funeral, according to a survey.

My Way was ranked fifth in the survey of 550people by Include A Charity, behind Amazing Grace, Hallelujah, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1548791/time-of-your-life-green-day-tops-funeral-songs/?cs=298

Green Day’s Time of Your Life has overtaken Frank Sinatra’s My Way as the song most people would like played at their funeral, according to a survey.

My Way was ranked fifth in the survey of 550people by Include A Charity, behind Amazing Grace, Hallelujah, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1548791/time-of-your-life-green-day-tops-funeral-songs/?cs=298

this is so wrong...

• Like 2

that's kinda depressing :(

This makes me laugh.

Depends if it's the deceased person saying "Good riddance to you all!" or if it's the attendees wishing good riddance to the deceased :P Makes all the difference in how satisfying and appropriate it is.

• Like 3

What's wrong about it is Good Ridance isn't at all about death...

although, I am for sure using it at my funeral honestly :ninja:

It's funny how the song where he mentions Green Day, is full of something that sounds like "Hey-oh"!

It's funny how the song where he mentions Green Day, is full of something that sounds like "Hey-oh"!

Pretty sure he was doing the Freddie Mercury Hey-oh's, because towards the end he sings "I can still hear Freddie sing.... day-ohhhhhhhh"

Pretty sure he was doing the Freddie Mercury Hey-oh's, because towards the end he sings "I can still hear Freddie sing.... day-ohhhhhhhh"

Well, if there's anyone I trust with Freddie Mercury facts, it'd be you! :D

• Like 1

Fireworks & Cap Ticket Offer
Green Day band members will be on-field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Field Level ticket package includes exclusive co-branded Green Day and Oakland A's cap.
A portion of Field Level ticket package proceeds benefit Oakland Children's Hospital.
Postgame fireworks show, presented by Chevron, set to Green Day's more than two decades of music.
**A portion of each package purchased will be donated to Oakland Children's Hospital.
Ticket + cap package available online only. Ticket + cap package is USPS mail delivery only.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/ticketing/greenday_fireworks.jsp

7947_10151640689928961_237893487_n.jpg

I didn't know if i should made a topic for this :P

• Like 3

Don't really know where else to put it but it's random.

Lena Dunham from the HBO show Girls is wore a GD Dookie shirt on set.

j0SyM1ml.jpg

• Like 2

Fireworks & Cap Ticket Offer

Green Day band members will be on-field to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.

Field Level ticket package includes exclusive co-branded Green Day and Oakland A's cap.

A portion of Field Level ticket package proceeds benefit Oakland Children's Hospital.

Postgame fireworks show, presented by Chevron, set to Green Day's more than two decades of music.

**A portion of each package purchased will be donated to Oakland Children's Hospital.

Ticket + cap package available online only. Ticket + cap package is USPS mail delivery only.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/ticketing/greenday_fireworks.jsp

7947_10151640689928961_237893487_n.jpg

I didn't know if i should made a topic for this.

Digging that hat, will we get to hear Billie singing take me out to the ballgame again?

Harmonix Manager of Community Development Aaron Trites recently tweeted

If you were the young gentleman who left our front desk a voice mail with an idea for Green Day RB 2, please call back and speak slower.

Probably reading too much into this, but at least they're interested in the idea of a second one! He then proceeded to briefly discuss ideas for what a Green Day: Rock Band 2 would look like. As for my humble opinion, I think the trilogy would make for a fun Rock Band experience and it would be a second chance for some of the back catalog to make its way to game form. It would be awesome for me as I still have fun playing the first Green Day: Rock Band.

• Like 1

Harmonix Manager of Community Development Aaron Trites recently tweeted

Probably reading too much into this, but at least they're interested in the idea of a second one! He then proceeded to briefly discuss ideas for what a Green Day: Rock Band 2 would look like. As for my humble opinion, I think the trilogy would make for a fun Rock Band experience and it would be a second chance for some of the back catalog to make its way to game form. It would be awesome for me as I still have fun playing the first Green Day: Rock Band.

I think RB and GH are too far in the grave for this

Don't really know where else to put it but it's random.

Lena Dunham from the HBO show Girls is wore a GD Dookie shirt on set.

j0SyM1ml.jpg

GIRL I should have known when I saw you had the first comment that you'd beat me to this on here :lol:

• Like 1

It's kind of awesome and unexpected with Lena only because the hipster crowd is so obsessed with her and those are the pretentious snobs who usually frown upon Green Day.

• Like 2

Idiot Club is doing a Q&A with Billie:

We were thinking, who else should we do a Q&A with? Oh yeah, Billie Joe! Submit your best questions to him on the Idiot Nation forum in the thread "Q&A with Billie Joe" - by Friday, June 28. The best messages will be selected for Billie Joe to answer. Good luck!

• Like 1

If anyone here is as big a fan of Lindsey Stirling's music as I am, then you'll be VERY fucking excited to see that she went to the show in Sweden last night, as shown in these videos uploaded on Vine by her tour keyboardist Gavi:

Yes please Green Day: http://twitter.com/IMGAVI/status/350750102220046336

Tré Cool warming up: http://twitter.com/IMGAVI/status/350717595441307650

OMG that clip of Lindsey dancing and lip syncing along to Green Day :shok: I'm gonna die now two of my favourite artists in one place in one video I JUST CANNOT EVEN I NEED FORTY SEVEN MINUTES.

:fuzz::fuzz: :fuzz:

• Like 2

The famous daily vlogger Shay Carl has uploaded a video where he talks about people saying he was a sell out because of brand deals and he had alot of negative comments. He talks about his thoughts what a sell-out is and stuff like that. Anyways he also talks the first time he heard the term sell-out which was when Green Day went big when Dookie came out. He mentions them in the beginning of the video somewhere around 1:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waj0B-QT7s8

Edited by Erwino

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News