Random Green Day News

Hermione

117159666_4797692226923108_1914284503694

Roadie 24 customized by Tre Cool of Green Day. 

YETI, an innovator of high-quality, outdoor gear, has joined forces with artists and Crew Nation to raise money for road crews through the launch of their newest product — the Roadie® 24 Cooler.

To kickoff the auction. YETI sent each artist a Roadie® Cooler to personally customize for their fans.* Now that all the coolers are designed and ready to rock, the goal is to raise funds for loyal road crews through this exclusive roadie auction. Happy bidding.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/64788/auctions/81120/auction_items/2273903?fbclid=IwAR0pAvknP5R-gnOsAIvpbhNw9zNwYH6DSp6oUIB2maeiNHOG-Dz2IiFM4Dw

Edited by GreenDayItaly
  • Like 3

'Jesus of Suburbia World Tribute' is a Green Day cover performed by bands and musicians from all over the world, representing the five continents, direct from their homes during the Covid-19 pandemy.

• Like 4

Oh Yeah! just played on a T-Mobile commercial on TV. Can’t find it online though. :confused:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Oh Yeah! just played on a T-Mobile commercial on TV. Can’t find it online though. :confused:

I managed to find it here

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2020 at 8:52 PM, Mar said:

It was subtle/low-volume, but yep, I just heard it. Got their money, indeed 😄

I heard it too a few mins ago😋

1-2-3-4 Go! Records is at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records.

· Oakland, CA ·

Nature is healing! This is the widest variety of LPs from these young upstart locals we’ve been able to get in over a year! Click the link in our profile to order now from the “East Bay Magic” section of our website. We ship worldwide, accommodate local pickup or you can swing by in your finest mask and shop the store in person every day noon to 6pm! #greenday #thelongshot #pinheadgunpowder #vinyl #vinyligclub #oakland #recordstore #1234gorecords

117299865_10158020688221785_450014711251

• Like 2

Wikipedia has changed the year Green Day was formed from 1986 to 1987.  

We've lost a year of Green Day, what do we do?!!!!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I have around 2000 Green Day mp3s on my computer.   I know them all.   :)  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Wikipedia has changed the year Green Day was formed from 1986 to 1987.  

We've lost a year of Green Day, what do we do?!!!!!

And Billie Joe says he's been "around since 1988" so I'm really confused.   I'm pretty sure Billie Joe's been all the way around since the 70s ;)

9 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t necessarily agree with these as being his most insightful lyrics, but I do like to see him getting recognition for his writing!

Warning is their strongest album in terms of lyrics.   It's a poetic, underrated masterpiece.  

Fight me, GDA! 

Of course, all their albums have some poetic depth.  I can think of some from Insomniac, Nimrod off the top of my head, and of course American Idiot.   

• Like 2

Billie Joe Armstrong thought fans would hate this classic Green Day song

https://www.altpress.com/news/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-good-riddance-fans/

In 1997, Green Day debuted their legendary album Nimrod. As a turning point for the band, the album remains one of the most popular amongst critics and fans. However, Billie Joe Armstrong has now revealed that he was nervous to release one particular song on that album.

In a new interview, Armstrong says he thought fans would hate their iconic acoustic ballad “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life).”

For many of us, “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” has been played at countless graduations and special events in our lives. Today, it stands as one of Green Day’s most popular tracks. The song, however, was particularly challenging for Armstrong.

• Like 1

https://www.altpress.com/features/bands-with-cannabis-merch-weed/

8 TYPES OF CANNABIS MERCH YOU CAN BUY FROM YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS

Green Day stash jar

Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt has partnered with a cannabis farm already, so why not expand the band’s merch into the industry too? They’re currently selling grinders and sweet stash jars as part of their Father Of All… promotional cycle so you can show your love for punk rock while rolling up a joint.

• Like 1

A podcast on American Idiot

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/musicalsplaining/09-american-idiot-chq2wjOFUeu/

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

Lindsay and Kaveh pay their respects to Antifa by watching the punk rock musical written by none other than Green Day. You'll have the time of your life hearing Lindsay fawn over Billie Joe Armstrong's gigantic head while Kaveh tries to wrap his head around yet another musical featuring a guy with an acoustic guitar who will save the world if he can only write one perfect song.