Random Green Day News

Hermione

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Anyone else having a problem getting this to work? I can’t get past the terms and conditions. I check to accept and click continue but it doesn’t go anywhere. 

Did you check all the boxes at the bottom of the form? You have to agree to all of them. 

Just now, kaylubd said:

Did you check all the boxes at the bottom of the form? You have to agree to all of them. 

I only saw one thing to check. If you enter with Spotify do you still need to fill out the whole form? It wasn’t clear.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I only saw one thing to check. If you enter with Spotify do you still need to fill out the whole form? It wasn’t clear.

There's like four or five items to check off. Try using a different browser. I think you can enter using only Spotify if you want. The form is for those who don't have Spotify. 

Well, I don't play guitar and I refuse to get marketing emails about FOB or Harley Davidson, so I'm not entering this. Too bad, though. It would be cool to just have it.

Yeah a free guitar would be nice but the spam from companies I don't care about is a too high a price. It's bad enough to be on gd's and weezer's mailing lists since the presale

17 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It didn't work for me either but then I read that it's for US residents only😣 But you are in the US right, so it should work for you?

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

It didn't work for me either but then I read that it's for US residents only😣 But you are in the US right, so it should work for you?

Yeah but I gave up. Not worth it like others have said. 

Once I remembered my spotify password, I had no problem entering.  Not that I'll win, but I tried, at least.

For a contest I really don't mind signing up for newsletters because I always unsubscribe when the contest is over.

• Like 3

Don't know how legit The List is but short article here: Billie Joe Armstrong 'pulled his hair out' over Green Day's new album

https://www.list.co.uk/article/112070-billie-joe-armstrong-pulled-his-hair-out-over-green-days-new-album/

Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong was pulling his "hair out" whilst making the band's new album.

The 47-year-old singer has admitted to experimenting with various sounds during the recording sessions for 'Father of All Motherf***ers', which is poised for release in February 2020.

He explained: "I knew I wanted to do something different.

"I'd always loved British mod music from the Sixties, but I wanted to go to where the source was and see if I could put [soul] through the Green Day filter.

"It was a lot of trial and error, a lot of pulling my f***ing hair out."

Meanwhile, Billie's bandmate Mike Dirnt thinks the popular band is currently making some of the best music they've ever made.

And the 47-year-old bassist is happy and relieved he's managed to remain at the top of the music industry for so many years.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Mike – who formed the chart-topping band alongside Billie in 1986 – shared: "It's been a f***ing crazy ride.

"How the hell I'm vertical and still putting out what I consider to be the best f***ing music of our career is beyond me. I'm humbled by it all the time, but I'm still hungry and I still wanna kick a lot of ass."

• Like 2

Have posted the full article in the Nimrod thread but Happy Birthday Nimrod!

Italian national tv news report about the release of Fire, Ready, Aim and FOAMF:

They also mention some “inaccurate” stuff, like that fans are going crazy after the FOAMF backstage video even tho the actual music video still have to be released :D 

• Like 1

Article here from Rock Sound: "Green Day's 'American Idiot' is one of the highest selling albums of the millennium" 

It's been a good few weeks to be a member of Green Day.

Not to cause undue panic, but we are rapidly closing in on the end of the second decade of the 2000s. That's 20 years since the dawn of the millennium. 20 YEARS.

As such, it's time to crunch some numbers and present some lists - and the most recent one was done by the UK chart body, quantifying the biggest albums of the 2000s to date.

To qualify for an appearance on the list, the album simply had to be released on or after January 01, 2000. Simple stuff. 

And taking out number 31 is none other than Green Day's iconic rock opera 'American Idiot' - released 15 years ago in 2004. 

When it was released, 'American Idiot' debuted at number one in the UK chart after selling a reported 89,385 copies in the first week. A monumental effort. 

It's estimated that since its release, Green Day have sold over 16 million units worldwide. HUGE. 

• Love 4

Short piece from NME about WMUWSE:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/billie-joe-armstrong-wake-september-ends-tribute-late-father-2558304

Kind of repeats what Billie said to Howard Stern on the show the other day as well as featuring this cool pic:

chV2Axz.jpg

Another piece here from Billboard about Father of All:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8533391/green-day-father-of-all-rules-rock-airplay-chart

Basically Green Day's 'Father of All…' Rules Rock Airplay, Becomes Band's Record-Extending 21st Top Five on Alternative Songs. In other words GD have had five most rock airplay no. 1's (behind the Foo Fighters) and has 21 songs on the Most Top Five Alternative Songs Hits.

• Like 3

Just now, DadBod said:

from that horrible click-bait site:

61e01112490f8138979a383e5ba94e929088788d

Did you get surgery and totally change your appearance, Billie Joe?!?!?!

(Pretty sure it’s about his insta story with that damn clown/joker filter from last week. I’m not giving them what they want by clicking through).

Or the mustache IG photo?

• Haha 1

Partially GD related - apparently the promoter of the cancelled Gla;sgow gig in 2017 is suing the stage firm.  I'm sure the people who were let down that day agree with their decision although it's small comfort to those who missed out on the show and kinda sad it never got rescheduled

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/green-day-glasgow-gig-row-20656545

8 hours ago, DadBod said:

from that horrible click-bait site:

There's another priceless and untrue heading from them here:

Green Day Singer Reveals Wife Swimsuit Photo

Of course Billie hasn't done anything of the kind :lol:

I suppose at least we're having a laugh at their titles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not really surprised to see this court case starting up and guess it will come down to who was supposed to lay the base for the stage but when I looked at the whole plan for the area, I was alarmed at how little infrastructure they had put in, I forget how many toilets there were but there something like four pretty small booths for food and drink which doesn’t seem a lot for 30;000 folk!  Just glad he’s not involved next year.

• Like 1

I'm catching up on season 3 of Better Call Saul and if you don't know, his real name is Jimmy.   

Last night, he said something about being made to look like a saint in court.  His friend girl then proclaims him "ST. JIMMY!"  and said that it has a nice ring to it.   

I wonder if that was nod to Green Day, and I'm also wondering what year that was supposed to take place in, because it's a prequel.  I'll have to investigate.   

ST. JIMMY! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm catching up on season 3 of Better Call Saul and if you don't know, his real name is Jimmy.   

Last night, he said something about being made to look like a saint in court.  His friend girl then proclaims him "ST. JIMMY!"  and said that it has a nice ring to it.   

I wonder if that was nod to Green Day, and I'm also wondering what year that was supposed to take place in, because it's a prequel.  I'll have to investigate.   

ST. JIMMY! 

Yes I remember this episode! Don't think it's a GD reference at all tho.

• Like 1

Green Day vs ‪Weezer vs Fall Out Boy – which band sits on the Hella Mega Tour’s iron throne?

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/green-day-vs-‪weezer-vs-fall-boy-band-sits-hella-mega-tour-iron-throne-2546827?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

Did they really need to ask? It's Green Day, duh. 

• Like 3