Random Green Day News

Hermione

Wow. To be so wildly inaccurate about Billie's problem just to get clicks and make it sound scarier is just awful. For shame!

• Like 3

On 9/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, J a c said:

What pisses me off is that even "legitimate" music websites like Virgin Radio Italy are sharing this bullshit. 

What pisses me off EVEN MORE is that an Italian Green Day Facebook fan page with 95.000 followers (I will not share the link of this for decency) is sharing this shit as well, probably because it has to lick the ass of Virgin radio for whatever self promotional reason. Which is absolutely disgusting. 

What pissed me off is that there are still idiots who, whenever the rehab topic came out, remember the concert in Italy in 2012, which got canceled, saying "haha when Billie had the shits!" 
Really funny.

I pity the writers of these articles. hanging all day long on social media for feverish writing, holding their breath to be the first probably. Damn. I'm glad to have left a work where the only interest was financial (and dumb) profit 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Melodramfool said:

What pissed me off is that there are still idiots who, whenever the rehab topic came out, remember the concert in Italy in 2012, which got canceled, saying "haha when Billie had the shits!" 
Really funny.

But that's just not true. He was hospitalized due to intractable vomiting and lost his voice as a result. At least, that's what every article I ever read on that matter at the time said.

Anyway, yeah it sucks that people are such dicks about that whole situation with Billie's rehab.

• Like 2

Guys a reminder to please keep this thread just for small things (like a very small article or random mention or maybe an old interview that pops up or whatever). If there's a new substantial interview or article or anything else you think might be worthy of its own thread don't be afraid to make a new thread for it! We have an "interview" tag that makes it easy to find all interview threads and that's preferable to them being crowded/buried in here. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Guys a reminder to please keep this thread just for small things (like a very small article or random mention or maybe an old interview that pops up or whatever). If there's a new substantial interview or article or anything else you think might be worthy of its own thread don't be afraid to make a new thread for it! We have an "interview" tag that makes it easy to find all interview threads and that's preferable to them being crowded/buried in here. 

It was not worthy 😆

3 hours ago, jengd said:

It was not worthy 😆

Oh not referring to anything in particular, I was just made aware that the Kerrang article was posted here so thought it was time for a reminder

• Like 1

American Idiot at 15: How Green Day Kick-started 21st Century Protest Music

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/green-day-american-idiot-protest-music/

Green Day Take Aim at Trump With Some New 'American Idiot' Lyrics at 2019 iHeartRadio Music Festival

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/festivals/8530668/green-day-american-idiot-trump-lyrics-iheartradio-festival

• Like 1

The music video for Basket Case has recently hit 200m views on YouTube.

BOBD 345m

21 Guns 245m

Basket Case 200m

WMUWSE 150m

American Idiot 145m

Holiday 79m

WICA 70m

Good Riddance 60m 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

The music video for Basket Case has recently hit 200m views on YouTube.

BOBD 345m

21 Guns 245m

Basket Case 200m

WMUWSE 150m

American Idiot 145m

Holiday 79m

WICA 70m

Good Riddance 60m 

I was surprised to see quite how many views BIUSA has, something like 13M which given how low key it was!

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

I was surprised to see quite how many views BIUSA has, something like 13M which given how low key it was!

Interesting to see that the Bang Bang lyric video as 21M views but the official video only has 6.3M

3 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

21 Guns was that popular ??????

It was huge. Literally all over top 40 radio at its time. Looking back, it's a little weird how big it was, but later never got played live much and it doesn't seem to be missed that much as you'd expect from their second biggest single.

• Like 2