Name your top 3 Green Day music videos

RedundantIdiot

Name your top 3 Green Day music videos and why they're your top 3. 

In case you've forgotten any, the full list is in this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography

My top 3 are:

21st Century Breakdown- because it's animated 

Walking Contradiction- the video is perfectly suited to the song and it's fun to watch

American Idiot- I love the fast/slow shots

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never really thought about it before...

Walking Contradiction

Longview

Basketcase

1. 21st Century Breakdown. I literally watched it on repeat when it came out. I really love it.

2. American Idiot. The fast/slow/normal combos were really clever. And the melting green American flag really symbolic.

3. Walking Contradiction. How could I not choose it knowing they did their own stunts? :P 

Runner ups: Nice Guys Finish Last, BOBD, Macy's Day Parade.

They've had so many great videos. 21CB is probably my favourite though. It's so great!

Without question, my favorite music video is Nice Guys Finish Last! What's not to love? It's pretty funny and I love the part where the dude in the crowd tackles Billie. The video does a good job at getting me pumped up. :D 

My second favorite is Walking Contradiction. The guys cause destruction and mayhem everywhere they go...proper rock video.

My third favorite video is probably Longview. It depicts the overall meaning and vibe of the song perfectly.

Great thread. :happy:

#1 - Still Breathing

When I saw the video for the first time I had no words to describe it. That silence, that pain, with a perfect dark atmosphere. The meaning of this video is just important to the band (and to me). I am the kind of person that never cries. Never. In fact I didn't cry. But it hurt me inside.

#2 - Walking Contradiction

Funny and dark at the same time. The picture of GD in 1995, the best GD. Insomniac is my favorite album, also for this video.

#3 - Know Your Enemy

Unpopular opinion. I love this video, mainly due to its simplicity: one of the best live bands playing alone in the fire. This video is the result of introversion and power.

1. Holiday -  Cause that was the first Green Day video I saw and the one that made me fall in love with them :wub:

2. Nice Guys Finish Last - Is just too funny, it makes me laugh everytime I see it.

3. Oh Love - Yes, I know, everyone hates it, I know they were a mess there, specially Billie, but I love it, it's so different from what Green Day did in the past, they look sexy and the girls are so pretty lol, IDK I just love it. 

That was so difficult cause I also really like Longview and 21stCB, but I only had to choose 3, so there you go :P 

Yeah, so many good videos. Tough to narrow it down to three but :

Basket Case/Walking Contradiction/Stuck With Me

Was close for Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew/Jaded (colorful crazy video for Jaded)

Mine are probably (because there's so many good ones to choose from!) Basket Case, Still Breathing and American Idiot :lol:

Good Riddance

When I Come Around

Jaded

In no particular order i like variety something acoustic - something meaningful - something fast 

This is so hard, because there are so many good videos. Longview, When I Come Around and Walking Contradiction. No wait...Brain Stew/Jaded, Holiday and BBD. No...no... Nice Guys Finish Last, American Idiot and Basketcase. Ahhhhhh! Too many good ones to pick just 3.

Well for me it's

1. Walking Contradiction (it was filmed in my Home town all those years ago and i didn't even know it)

Screen%20shot%201%202016-12-13%20at%203.

2. Still Breathing

3. American Idiot

Hitching a Ride- why has nobody picked this one? It's so comical but quite dark at the same time, I also really enjoy the old 50's sort of vibe. And it's so different from any of their other videos.

Holiday- I love how colorful and busy it is before BOBD. It definately catches the atmosphere of a party and there's so much going on it's hilarious to watch it in slow motion cause you can see all the funny details like Billie and Tre making out. I'd love to see a behind the scenes from the making of that video.

and third....hm....I don't know what to pick. Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew/Jaded, 21 Guns, BoBD(it was the first video I saw of theirs), Redundant. Those are all great and so are most of the other that I havnt mentioned.

1. Walking Contradiction: I mentioned that in another thread, it's just awesome and I love all the destruction in it. I can relate to it because I cause some kind of destruction wherever I go.

2. Warning: It's a smart video to represent the song and I loved how I kept trying to count how many "wrong" things the guy in the video was doing. I don't know why no one picked it.

3. Still Breathing: I know this is not what the video is all about, but it brought that sense of friendship between the guys that I absolutely loved.

Walking Contradiction, Longview and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (in no special order). BOBD will always hold a very special place in my heart, because it's one of my first ever favorite songs (along with Right Here Right Now by Agnes Carlsson. Don't question my partly horrible music taste back then) and one of the reasons I started loving Green Day. Walking Contradiction is... fantastic. Many others mentioned the destructive theme in that video, and that is something I find amazing. Longview is such a perfect video for that particular song. I love it.

1. Walking Contradiction: It's the first I remember when I think of GD music videos, in my opinion their best.

2. Holiday: I love that one I used to try to recreate it with my cousins in a bunch of chairs when we were younger haha

3. American Idiot: The first one I saw from GD and both the video and song got my atention since the first time

Honorable mentions: 21st  Century Breakdown (such and awesome one, I just didn't choose it on the list because Holiday and AI are really personal to me), Brain Stew and Kill the DJ (yes I liked this one a lot)

1 hour ago, RougeRogue said:

This thread is tempting me to actually watch them all again. I probably haven't in years. :lol:

Do it!

I tend to watch them (not all of them in one go, though!) in order of release which I find is the best way to watch them.

1) 21CB – I love how creative this is with the animation. 

2) Still Breathing – I don't care much about most of it if I'm honest, but that last SECOND when Billie walks through the door elevates the entire video. It was much more moving than I expected one of their videos to be. 

3) Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Because it was the first one I ever saw of theirs, and 11-year-old, resistant me's remarks were something like, "Wow, are they wearing enough eyeliner? Are they just walking? Didn't they pass those people on the street already?" :lol:

1. Still Breathing: I love everything about this video, it's just perfect. I love the different stories of these people who have one thing in common: hope. The three guys look absolutely adorable. The best scene is when Billie sings "Oooooaaaaoooooo" and Mike and Tré look up like they can hear him. It's probably my favourite music video of all time.

2. Basket Case: I just love Billie's mad eyes and the crazy setting, it's fun!

3. Macy's Day Parade: Epic. I love that it's in black and white and the industry-landscape in the background is beautiful in a very strange way.

Archived