Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

dori711

2017/06/18 - Papp László Budapest Sportaréna, Hungary

145 posts in this topic

After twelve years, they are coming to Hungary again.

Let's share our thoughts about this event. :) (Unfortunately I could not create it in "Green Day on the Road" topic, so that's why it's here. I'll try to change it later, if that's possible.)

p.s. Thanks Hermoine for your help. :)

Edited by evergreen rebel

Thanks for making the thread and saving me doing it, you've done the title perfectly and everything :D. Only mods can make threads in On the Road, I'll move it there.

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Thanks for making the thread and saving me doing it, you've done the title perfectly and everything :D. Only mods can make threads in On the Road, I'll move it there.

Thanks for the help, now I know how this things work. :) Hope there will be some comments here sooner or later.

It seems it's gonna be a sold out show soon, now less than 4500 tickets left.

After 12 years?! I know how you feel, but at least you already have a date :( 

Spoiler

So, 12 years... maybe next year it's our time too :ninja:

I got a ticket for this :) 

1 person likes this

I'm going :)  I have a front of stage ticket. 

1 person likes this

I got my ticket :dance:

Spoiler

Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát :wub:

4 people like this

On 2016. 12. 14. at 7:52 PM, JellyTime said:

I got my ticket :dance:

Hide contents

Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát :wub:

I like the hidden part of the comment :) I'm still waiting for January to come, now I cannot afford it, unfortunately. Actually, I could buy them but then there would be no family Christmas or anything, just water and bread as food until the end of the month. So what I do is to I check how many tickets left (every couple of days) and hope to grab two next month. (Otherwise I'll be starving to death if I buy it in December.)

On 2016. 12. 13. at 5:35 PM, MaraGreenDay said:

Hide contents

Keeping my fingers crossed for tour dates in Mexico. Don't ive up hope, it's important. (I know it's a cliche but still true.)

3 people like this

On 13. 12. 2016 at 5:35 PM, MaraGreenDay said:

Hide contents

I believe it is - it's been promised, amirite? So you just need to have faith and a wait a little more. #soon 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, evergreen rebel said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for tour dates in Mexico. Don't ive up hope, it's important. (I know it's a cliche but still true.)

:friends:

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I believe it is - it's been promised, amirite? So you just need to have faith and a wait a little more. #soon 

Well, They guys said it will happen, Billie even mentioned a few cities, but they have said that in the past too sooo I don't wanna get too excited :P 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

:friends:

Well, They guys said it will happen, Billie even mentioned a few cities, but they have said that in the past too sooo I don't wanna get too excited :P 

I know, I know...Billie's promises aren't to be taken too seriously. But I always keep some faith in them anyway because having some hope certainly makes life better :P

1 person likes this

I might go to this if I'll manage to get tickets later and organize a trip! I'll look up what the costs would be and will see. 

@Marki. Are you heading home right after the show or are you going for a hotel? Apparently there are night trains but I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

2 people like this

I would like to go to this, an Arena show in between a lot of festival, love it! But I don't have enough money now, I hope to find some tickets later, in the pit, well is that a pit ticket right? Because the website doesn't translate the ticket part in English 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I might go to this if I'll manage to get tickets later and organize a trip! I'll look up what the costs would be and will see. 

@Marki. Are you heading home right after the show or are you going for a hotel? Apparently there are night trains but I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Yesss :D There are still all kinds of tickets, even front of stage, so that's good. 

I only looked up ways to get there so far and didn't really think anything through yet, but I don't like the idea of night trains much either. And, I'd like to stay somewhere because the following day I could at least see a bit of Budapest.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Marki. said:

Yesss :D There are still all kinds of tickets, even front of stage, so that's good. 

I only looked up ways to get there so far and didn't really think anything through yet, but I don't like the idea of night trains much either. And, I'd like to stay somewhere because the following day I could at least see a bit of Budapest.

Fine! I'm thinking I might buy them after the first show to rationalize it as wanting to go again. :lol: I doubt I'll be able to wait that long though haha 

I want to make it a trip for a couple days. Maybe I could make a stop on the way back and see Bratislava. :lol: 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Fine! I'm thinking I might buy them after the first show to rationalize it as wanting to go again. :lol: I doubt I'll be able to wait that long though haha 

I want to make it a trip for a couple days. Maybe I could make a stop on the way back and see Bratislava. :lol: 

Haha yes, I get that, but I couldn't wait another month probably :lol: 

When I was talking with my friend about this, we were thinking if there's some other place close to us where they could possibly play, and I said how cool would it be if they played Bratislava :lol: But that's hardly gonna happen. I'd also like to make more of a trip out of it, so I can see some nice places and don't have to just rush around. Maybe it would be good to go the day before the show... can't wait to plan it :happy:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Marki. said:

Haha yes, I get that, but I couldn't wait another month probably :lol: 

When I was talking with my friend about this, we were thinking if there's some other place close to us where they could possibly play, and I said how cool would it be if they played Bratislava :lol: But that's hardly gonna happen. I'd also like to make more of a trip out of it, so I can see some nice places and don't have to just rush around. Maybe it would be good to go the day before the show... can't wait to plan it :happy:

I doubt I'll go through with it :P Nothing for 7 years and then two shows in a row?! I know many people are doing many more shows but this prospect makes me feel like a crazy superfan nevertheless. I'm turning this into a family holiday so that I can feel less guilty :DI was thinking about it - it's January and then God knows how many years of nothing again and I don't want that...I figure it will be easier to let go after what I hope might be a nice trip. This is about as adventurous as I ever got - I've never travelled that far except for organized trips so I'm both scared and excited. Hope this pans out :happy:

Big acts usually don't play Bratislava, do they? The show is on Sunday so maybe Friday - Monday, or Saturday - Monday would be enough. The travel for two will cost at least 2000 crowns and accomodation will cost something too + approx 3000 for the tix. I want to make it worth the hassle and expenses. I'll see what is there to visit and decide. 

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I doubt I'll go through with it :P Nothing for 7 years and then two shows in a row?! I know many people are doing many more shows but this prospect makes me feel like a crazy superfan nevertheless. I'm turning this into a family holiday so that I can feel less guilty :DI was thinking about it - it's January and then God knows how many years of nothing again and I don't want that...I figure it will be easier to let go after what I hope might be a nice trip. This is about as adventurous as I ever got - I've never travelled that far except for organized trips so I'm both scared and excited. Hope this pans out :happy:

Big acts usually don't play Bratislava, do they? The show is on Sunday so maybe Friday - Monday, or Saturday - Monday would be enough. The travel for two will cost at least 2000 crowns and accomodation will cost something too + approx 3000 for the tix. I want to make it worth the hassle and expenses. I'll see what is there to visit and decide. 

I know what you mean, when I impulsively bought the ticket I felt a bit crazy, but then I immediately reassured myself that there's nothing crazy about 2 shows at all :P You're right, god knows how many years of waiting after... And I'm like 98% sure that for us this will be the closest, most convenient show they announce (that's not a festival). I'm so excited to do some travelling in the summer, combined with seeing Green Day it's an absolute dream :happy: When I travelled alone for the first time I was very scared, but I actually love it (although it probably is more fun to travel with someone and be able to share the experiences). The money does add up, but it'll be so worth it! Saturday - Monday would be my plan, most likely. I'm getting excited just thinking about it now :dance:

1 person likes this

Hey! does anyone know where can i buy golden circle ticket?

On 24. prosince 2016 at 0:14 PM, TheGreenDayKidd said:

Hey! does anyone know where can i buy golden circle ticket?

I think the only place you can (officially) buy tickets is Ticketportal, but it seems that golden circle tickets are sold out now :( 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Marki. said:

I think the only place you can (officially) buy tickets is Ticketportal, but it seems that golden circle tickets are sold out now :( 

Yeah i know.. that is why i was asking :P what avout viagogo? Is this good site? :)

2 hours ago, TheGreenDayKidd said:

Yeah i know.. that is why i was asking :P what avout viagogo? Is this good site? :)

I thought so :P I wasn't sure if there's some other official place to buy tickets, so I thought maybe someone could clarify... I know there's viagogo and other websites where people usually sell them for much higher prices, and I think it's always a bit risky =/ But I have no personal experience with any of these sites, so I can't really offer advice.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, does anyone have a problem with purchasing tickets? The page doesn't work anymore.:cry::(

Hopefully it's not a sold out show because I wanna buy at least one ticket for this show... Maybe it's just a temporary problem... Anyway, they should write somewhere that the event is already sold out, I guess.

Honestly, I wouldn't think that such a small country like Hungary could host a sold out show...

All I can do is hope and refresh the page until I get my salary and maybe they will have some left.  *hope dies last*

5 hours ago, evergreen rebel said:

Hi guys, does anyone have a problem with purchasing tickets? The page doesn't work anymore.:cry::(

Hopefully it's not a sold out show because I wanna buy at least one ticket for this show... Maybe it's just a temporary problem... Anyway, they should write somewhere that the event is already sold out, I guess.

Honestly, I wouldn't think that such a small country like Hungary could host a sold out show...

All I can do is hope and refresh the page until I get my salary and maybe they will have some left.  *hope dies last*

Green Day shared it on Facebook a few minutes ago, but the link doesn't work for me either, it redirects to the main page... When I tried to search the event on Ticketportal it only found the show in Prague, where it says it's sold out. So I think Budapest hasn't sold out, it's strange that it doesn't show up, but I think it must be some temporary mistake :) 

1 person likes this