Best of Tré

ollhjr

With it being Tré's birthday today, I thought it would be interesting to see what song everyone thinks that perfectly encapsulates his drumming, or what song he did his best work on.  I'll have to come back to this and add my two cents, but I want to hear what everyone else has to say!  Feel free to go top-three if you want. 

Burnout, Armatage Shanks, Jesus Of Suburbia, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, 86, Android, Nice Guys Finish Last, Somewhere Now, When I Come Around, Sassafras Roots and Basket Case are my favorite Tre drum tracks.

I watched a live video of Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? a few days ago and Tré's drumming was ferocious!!! 

Lately I'm all in love with Tré's drumming in the Still Breathing music video. OK I'm in love with the whole video, but Tré's drumming is particularly passionate there. Can't wait to see this song live!!! Happy brithday Tré (with some delay).

y82mEw.gif

11 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I thoroughly enjoyed his vocals on dui and rock 'n roll girlfriend:D 

I played my nephew Homecoming yesterday and told him it was Tre singing Rock n Roll Girlfriend, and he said he thinks he should be Green Day's main singer :D 

For his singing/songwriting I think Dominated Love Slave is his finest work. Also really enjoyed All By Myself as a surprise show opener

The drum solos on Bang Bang and Burnout are the best! JoS and Dirty Rotten Bastards are great too.

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

I played my nephew Homecoming yesterday and told him it was Tre singing Rock n Roll Girlfriend, and he said he thinks he should be Green Day's main singer :D 

I keep telling people, sometime we need and album sung by mike and tre with backup vocals by billie 

Somewhere Now, Bang Bang, Missing You, Armatage Shanks (and pretty much all of Insomniac), Burnout of course.

My fave Tre moments happen in Burnout, Babs Uvula Who, Scattered (cymbals everywhere!), Stay The Night, Dirty Rotten Bastards, and Bang Bang, to name a few.

Also, Tre's said a few times his favourite album is actually the American Idiot musical soundtrack, and there are some great drum moments in that too - the break between Give Me Novacaine and St. Jimmy, and Rock n Roll Girlfriend from Homecoming.

Archived