Jump to content
Second favourite son

2017/07/04 - Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, United Kingdom - CANCELLED

Recommended Posts

The first Scotland show of the tour has been announced on http://www.greenday.com/tour!  They'll be supported by Rancid.  Please use this thread to discuss this show.

*Tickets on sale Friday 9th December, 9am!*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted they're coming to Scotland!

Kinda sucks that it's on a Tuesday night, since people will have work the next day, but I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh this is so exciting that they're announcing more shows with Rancid :D Very, very happy for all of you in Scotland who can go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really good news, Im supposed to be there in Glasgow on the 4th.

Im a guy with back problems and can't be in a mosh pit and want a good view, so any suggestions which one is better? This or BST? 

By now I do have a generally idea regarding BST, but don't know anything about this, so any help? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha! Beat me to it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this!! Been 8 years since I saw them in Glasgow for the first time, never got to see them in 2010.

Good luck for getting tickets tomorrow everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Backyard Skulls said:

Can't wait for this!! Been 8 years since I saw them in Glasgow for the first time, never got to see them in 2010.

Good luck for getting tickets tomorrow everyone! 

Can you tell me if this venue is bigger or smaller than BST? and this is basically a Normal GD concert, so I assume it won't be like a festival? 

I am confused between BST and this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited! Anyone reckon this will sell out fast? Bellahouston Park is 35,000 capacity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GD just posted it on IG too:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to go to this show. I've never been to Glasgow, but a Tuesday night? :dry: I'm not sure I can justify taking more time off work (I'd have to take at least two days on top of the 7/8 already planned) to see GD when I want to take a sun holiday at some point next year!

Enjoy guys :happy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope I get a ticket, it's on my birthday for starters and I already have that week booked off work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Slash said:

Can you tell me if this venue is bigger or smaller than BST? and this is basically a Normal GD concert, so I assume it won't be like a festival? 

I am confused between BST and this

This venue is 35,000 capacity, BST is 65,000.  This is a standalone event (i.e. Normal GD concert), whereas BST is a festival over a number of days, though Green Day are headlining the day that they're playing on.  So yeah, this is a normal GD show afaik with a capacity of 35,000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice that they finally announced an Scottish date! I won't be able to go to this one but it looks cool :happy: hoping for more non-festival dates now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

This venue is 35,000 capacity, BST is 65,000.  This is a standalone event (i.e. Normal GD concert), whereas BST is a festival over a number of days, though Green Day are headlining the day that they're playing on.  So yeah, this is a normal GD show afaik with a capacity of 35,000.

Thanks I guess I will go to this one and not BST then, any idea what time will the show start and what time I should be there?

I will be in Glasgow for like 3 days only and on this day I have a full day tour which I assume should end by 6 or 7pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi there my name is dylan from scotland i have always wanted to see green day live. green day are playing at  GLASGOW BELLAHOUSTON PARK they announced this a few days ago and go on sale tomorrow but i wasn't sure if i should hold off and see if they announce a bigger event since there is only 1 date in Scotland i would really appreciate your opinion on what to do whether to buy the tickets for bellahouston or wait to see if the do a stadium or the secc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Slash said:

Thanks I guess I will go to this one and not BST then, any idea what time will the show start and what time I should be there?

I will be in Glasgow for like 3 days only and on this day I have a full day tour which I assume should end by 6 or 7pm 

Usually for bigger outdoor shows they open the gates a lot earlier than they would for an indoor one. The gates open at 4pm according to this.

Going by when I saw green day in Emirates Stadium in London I'm pretty sure they never got on stage until around 8pm.  So unless you were particularly bothered about seeing Rancid you could probably finish up your tour and then head to the gig. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dsharkey said:

hi there my name is dylan from scotland i have always wanted to see green day live. green day are playing at  GLASGOW BELLAHOUSTON PARK they announced this a few days ago and go on sale tomorrow but i wasn't sure if i should hold off and see if they announce a bigger event since there is only 1 date in Scotland i would really appreciate your opinion on what to do whether to buy the tickets for bellahouston or wait to see if the do a stadium or the secc.

Bellahouston is pretty big, with a capacity of about 35,000.

That's much bigger than the SECC (about 10,000) or the Hyrdo (12,500).

A stadium date is unlikely, as the football season runs August to May - if they were going to do a stadium it'd be summer 2017 or summer 2018 and they won't play a stadium so close to Bellahouston (and they can't in the winter because of the Scottish weather!)

So I'd advise you to get tickets tomorrow, this will probably be the only show they do in Scotland, unless they come back in summer 2018.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by One For Colin Never Will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One For Colin Never Will said:

Bellahouston is pretty big, with a capacity of about 35,000.

That's much bigger than the SECC (about 10,000) or the Hyrdo (12,500).

A stadium date is unlikely, as the football season runs August to May - if they were going to do a stadium it'd be summer 2017 or summer 2018, unless they played at Hampden Park and they won't play it so close to Bellahouston (and they can't in the winter because of the Scottish weather!)

So I'd advise you to get tickets tomorrow, this will probably be the only show they do in Scotland, unless they come back in summer 2018.

Hope that helps :)

thanks i wasnt sure plus the play bellahouston on the 4th of july and in the in spain on the 6th so dont think they would have time for a stadium event. do you know how long the green day concert will be is it a full 2 hour set like a normal concert

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dsharkey said:

thanks i wasnt sure plus the play bellahouston on the 4th of july and in the in spain on the 6th so dont think they would have time for a stadium event. do you know how long the green day concert will be is it a full 2 hour set like a normal concert

 

Yeah, it'll be 2-3 hours, just like a normal concert. You'll love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, One For Colin Never Will said:

Yeah, it'll be 2-3 hours, just like a normal concert. You'll love it!

how fast do i have to get tickets do they sell out in minutes do i have to get them at exactly 9 am tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dsharkey said:

how fast do i have to get tickets do they sell out in minutes do i have to get them at exactly 9 am tomorrow 

Couldn't tell you for certain, mate.

I'd imagine they won't sell out in minutes, since it's a big venue and it's not Katy Perry or Justin Bieber, but you should probably be on at 9am just to be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, One For Colin Never Will said:

Couldn't tell you for certain, mate.

I'd imagine they won't sell out in minutes, since it's a big venue and it's not Katy Perry or Justin Bieber, but you should probably be on at 9am just to be safe.

thanks mate you have been a big help 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad they've finally announced this 

53 minutes ago, dsharkey said:

how fast do i have to get tickets do they sell out in minutes do i have to get them at exactly 9 am tomorrow 

Dublin and Belfast are smaller than this and haven't sold out yet so if you're not around at 9am you should be OK, idk. But if you are it's best to just get them when they become available to be safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×