Static Noise 103: Our thoughts on 'Revolution Radio'

Sanity Loan

How many times can we say this.... but WE'RE BACK! @Andres, @Matt., @Jack, and @AlissaGoesRAWR finally get together again to discuss their thoughts on all things Revolution Radio. We chat about our favorites and least favorites from the album, the performance of the singles so far, music and lyric videos, and much more.

Subscribe to the show through iTunes and Google Play, or add us through Overcast.

• Sanity Loan pinned and featured this topic
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great discussion guys. I had fun. :lol:

Agree with you about RevRad as the 3rd single. Even if I don't like it that much, I think it'll be the best choice.

And I always skip the intro to TDTD too...

Oh my god it physically hurt me hearing you bashing Say Goodbye and Troubled Times :( 

Ah nice! Yesterday I was listening to a podcast and thought hey, did Static Noise release an episode talking about the album? Will download right away :D

That was nice. Not agree with a lot of what you said, but there was a lot of love for YoungBlood, so yay! lol. 

Btw, I didn't thought about how Revolution Radio could have worked better for the AMAs but when Andres mentioned that it did make sense. 

9 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

That was nice. Not agree with a lot of what you said, but there was a lot of love for YoungBlood, so yay! lol. 

Btw, I didn't thought about how Revolution Radio could have worked better for the AMAs but when Andres mentioned that it did make sense. 

Well the solo during RevRad sounds more upbeat than Bang Bang so I think it worked better during Bang Bang

4 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Well the solo during RevRad sounds more upbeat than Bang Bang so I think it worked better during Bang Bang

But the lyrics would have worked better with Rev Rad :P 

"They should do it, but they won't because they're not listening to us now."

OR ARE THEY.

giphy.gif

Well now thanks to that ending song I'm in the mood to listen to 21st Century Breakdown again ;D 

Skipping "Too Dumb to Die"?    Shamefully love it?????    

NO.   NO.  NO.   NO.    NO.

No.  NO NO no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.  

I changed my name to Too Dumb to Die(s)  for goodness sake.      You guys just ruined my life.    lol.     

But kudos for liking "Young Blood".    

*goes to get a "Too Dumb to Die" tattoo*

Hahahahahaha.  

Neat idea about the title track being delayed for perfect timing.   Get the guy who did "Still Breathing" or Sam Bayer and make a super duper awesome video.  I was wanting a different song but
"Revolution Radio" and "Ordinary World"   are great songs and would probably kick the charts butts if they were released.   :)

10 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Oh my god it physically hurt me hearing you bashing Say Goodbye and Troubled Times :( 

These people are insane and don't know what they're missing with Say Goodbye. 

Very much enjoyed the ep guys :D I can't believe someone would drag Troubled Times but not mention Youngblood :tired: 

Thank you for the episode! Enjoyed so much the praise for Somewhere Now :)

Won't agree about Revolution Radio being a good choice for post-election shows especially AMA one. The only "revolutionary" thing this song has is its name, else it's just your most safe green day song with the catchy chorus, trilogy-like verses and chiche lyrics. Bang Bang on the other hand is fast, furious and angry - perfect choice to bash the gouvernement. 

2 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

Thank you for the episode! Enjoyed so much the praise for Somewhere Now :)

Won't agree about Revolution Radio being a good choice for post-election shows especially AMA one. The only "revolutionary" thing this song has is its name, else it's just your most safe green day song with the catchy chorus, trilogy-like verses and chiche lyrics. Bang Bang on the other hand is fast, furious and angry - perfect choice to bash the gouvernement. 

Definitely agree. I like RR but it wouldn't have been angry enough IMO.

19 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Whaaaaaaat, that intro is the best thing about TDTD, and I love the whole song. It's one of my favourite GD song intros ever :wub: It sounds like Billie is reading out a love letter. I got a sentimental illness for that intro. And Troubled Times and Say Goodbye are two of my favourites, too.

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

Whaaaaaaat, that intro is the best thing about TDTD, and I love the whole song. It's one of my favourite GD song intros ever :wub: It sounds like Billie is reading out a love letter. I got a sentimental illness for that intro. And Troubled Times and Say Goodbye are two of my favourites, too.

Please don't get me wrong, I like that part. But I always skip it just because, in terms of music, it seems to have no link with TDTD. I think they should be two different songs, just this.:happy:

9 hours ago, Andres said:

Seriously, though.

Also it's about time someone gave Somewhere Now some praise. I love it sooooo much more than Forever Now. I will never understand the obsession. Like, I totally agree with what @AlissaGoesRAWR said- It's not as cool anymore as it seemed. Although I never latched onto it tbh. It's very quickly getting an "overrated" status with me.

22 hours ago, End Of The World said:

So fun fact, the left side of my car speakers hella died earlier this year so I have no choice but to skip the intro cause it's almost silent when it comes on. :lol: I don't even remember what it actually is cause I never get to listen to it.

1 hour ago, End Of The World said:

Please don't get me wrong, I like that part. But I always skip it just because, in terms of music, it seems to have no link with TDTD. I think they should be two different songs, just this.:happy:

You know, I thought this too but it occurred to me that just because he says 'I love you' doesn't automatically make it romantic love. 'I got a sentimental illness for you' sounds like he's missing someone or something. His father? His past in general? Youth? It would tie in with the rest of the song wouldn't it?

Edit: Or maybe it is romantic love, but the effect makes it sound like it's far away, like in the past. So we could take it as a small snapshot of his past before the song properly starts and he talks about it from the present.

On 12/7/2016 at 0:04 PM, Sarcasm said:

good show bois 

Ahem. :mad:

20 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

great episode 

@AlissaGoesRAWR your voice is different than what i heard in my head 

Hopefully that's a good thing, but I'm assuming it's not. I refuse to listen to myself recorded because I think I sound like a ditzy preteen. :lol: 

12 hours ago, Andres said:

Hey now, I at least said I was neutral on it! Or maybe I thought it and didn't say it. :P But I'm pretty sure I agreed it might make a good single (better than Ordinary World for sure!).  

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Ahem. :mad:

Hopefully that's a good thing, but I'm assuming it's not. I refuse to listen to myself recorded because I think I sound like a ditzy preteen. :lol: 

Hey now, I at least said I was neutral on it! Or maybe I thought it and didn't say it. :P But I'm pretty sure I agreed it might make a good single (better than Ordinary World for sure!).  

Oh it's a good thing differently wasn't an insult or a bad thing 

8 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Oh it's a good thing differently wasn't an insult or a bad thing 

Ha, oh good. :P 

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Ha, oh good. :lol: 

I don't know why at all I pictured you sounding like Topanga from Boy Meets World 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

I don't know why at all I pictured you sounding like Topanga from Boy Meets World 

So this is actually kind of hilarious because everyone Brandon and I went to high school with says he has Cory Matthews hair and that we remind them of Cory and Topanga. It's been an inside joke for years. :lol: 

• Fuzz unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived