Green Day songs that are always stuck in your head.

Platypus357

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too Dumb To Die right now. Would be different one's everyday, depending on which album I put on.

Now that song is going to be stuck in my head, as I sit here singing and drumming to it.

Strangely, it was Outlaws for ages, even though I didn't think I was that keen on the song. Just the chorus over and over. 

Revolution Radio as well. I think it's just the long high notes Billie sings in both these songs. I sometimes can't stop myself from singing it under my breath and have gotten weird looks from passerbys :tired: 

@Platypus357 I've just added to your OP to remind people to say why each song is stuck in their head/expand on it.  For future reference, we don't tend to like threads that are just lists on here, as it isn't great for the discussion.

I've had castaway stuck in my head a lot lately, it's that combination of the sort of 'bouncy' guitar with the awesome bassline underneath - a really underrated bassline IMO.

23 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

@Platypus357 I've just added to your OP to remind people to say why each song is stuck in their head/expand on it.  For future reference, we don't tend to like threads that are just lists on here, as it isn't great for the discussion.

I've had castaway stuck in my head a lot lately, it's that combination of the sort of 'bouncy' guitar with the awesome bassline underneath - a really underrated bassline IMO.

Ok, I'll remember that for next time.

Also, I love castaways baseline as well.

Revolution Radio, Bang Bang and Somewhere Now and Too Dumb To Die. I go between those songs lately. 

I'm just now hopping onto the "Forever Now" bandwagon. It's been on repeat for the past couple days. 

I often have Private Ale, Too Much Too Soon, part of Minority stuck in my head. I've had Warning and Castaway in my head a lot as well. I've recently been signing Geek Stink Breath to myself. I think that's getting in my head.

Revolution Radio, (the chorus is damn catchy) Still Breathing, Outlaws, (RevRad had a lot of catchy songs :lol: ) Viva La Gloria, and Westbound Sign on occasion. 

Waiting tends to be the song I frequently break out to, especially in the shower for some reason. That opening verse is just too fun to sing.

Also, Give Me Novocaine.

I've been constantly singing the, "We run for cover!" part of Troubled Times a lot the last few days. That's my favorite part of that song and really resonates with me.

Literally?  I have the lyrics to Rotting on paper super glued to my head.  My pal did it as a joke.  My pal was me looking in the mirror.  Those lyrics are stuck to my head.

Let's see, currently on rotation in my chaotic mind: Castaway, King For A Day, St. Jimmy, Youngblood, State of Shock, Hashushinka, Devil's Kind, Minority, and probably half a dozen others I've forgotten for the time being. It's nuts up there:lol:

Ooh! And Black Rose of Death

Too Much Too Soon is VERY addictive. It's so catchy that the first time I heard it I was like "What? This is a B-Side!?".

In the morning, when I walk to school, Know Your Enemy stucks in my head. Its rhythm has the same speed of my steps, so when I arrive at school (and it's like I've just heard a GD song) I feel better.

For me, I'd say Holiday and Haushinka - two of my all-time favourites! :lol:

Give Me Novocaine, the final verses of Whatsername, and right now:

''I AIN'T GONNA STAND IN LINE NO MORE!''

For the last few days I've always had Walking Contradiction stuck in my head. One of the things I love about that song is how it speeds up in the beginning. Amazing!

For me it's been Cigarettes and Valentines, Let Yourself Go and Troublemaker and since the release of Revolution Radio Outlwas and Revolution Radio have been stuck in my head also haha

Right now, most RevRad songs get stuck in my head whenever I listen to the album, especially Still Breathing. 21 Guns is in my head a lot, too, maybe because I love playing it on the piano.

It always depends on the situation. Sometimes certain situations remind me of GD songs and they are suddenly in my head, it's weird. And great :P

Not so much anymore, but Troublemaker used to get me fairly often. In fact, even just thinking about it right now is threatening to do it again. :lol:

Right now it's Little Boy Named Train, this goes round and round in my head for hours.

Archived