Will Green Day be nominated for rock album of the year at the Grammy's?

1039Revolutions

The 2017 Grammy nominee's are going to be announced on Tuesday. Does anyone here think they'll be nominated, or perhaps win? I'm really hoping they do.

2016 has been another lacklustre year for rock, and music in general, aside from a few good albums imo.

Who else could be nominated this year? Maybe Metallica for Hard-Wired, Avenge Sevenfold for The Stage and 21 Pilots for Blurryface?

Another Grammy for Green Day in 2016 would be awesome!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope they do get nominated!!

it seems the Grammys do like Green Day based on past albums so I think there is a chance.

The album was certainly released before nominations were sent in.

All we have to do is hope that said nominations were actually sent.

"Entries are recordings submitted for GRAMMY consideration. Entries that meet all eligibility requirements are then voted on by The Academy's Voting Members, and the results of that vote are the nominations. For the 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2016."

The album won't be eligible until next year but Bang Bang could be nominated.

Aaaww I really wanted to see them there and I don't think they will consider them for next year, oh well :( 

They won't win. Unfortunately it seems only the Green Day fans actually really care for them anymore. Such a shame, I love this album so much!

If they maintain their momentum into next year (which seems very possible with all the touring they're gonna do and if Still Breathing becomes a hit), they'll get a nomination

Not that many rock bands are relevant anymore unfortunately so any even slightly successful one will get a nomination

If Bang Bang is eligible, I really hope it gets some recognition, it's such a kick-ass song. Seeing it at least nominated for something would make me happy, they blew me away with this song when I first heard it and I'm still not sick of it weeks after.

Damn, it's a shame they just missed the deadline for RevRad! Hopefully they'll be nominated for something ;)

Rock music has been shit for a while now so if Green Day were to have actually released the album on time for the nomination they could have easily won. But don't lose sleep over it Green Day fans :lol: 

Nothing is ever the way it should be. What we deserve we just don't get to see. Oh well, least we can enjoy it!

12 hours ago, Jean said:

"Entries are recordings submitted for GRAMMY consideration. Entries that meet all eligibility requirements are then voted on by The Academy's Voting Members, and the results of that vote are the nominations. For the 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2016."

The album won't be eligible until next year but Bang Bang could be nominated.

Damn that sucks. If it had been released a week earlier it totally would've been nominated this year. It's really going to be old by next year (like, even though it's a great album and is doing well it's still a long time), hope it doesn't get forgotten.

5 hours ago, Marki. said:

If Bang Bang is eligible, I really hope it gets some recognition, it's such a kick-ass song. Seeing it at least nominated for something would make me happy, they blew me away with this song when I first heard it and I'm still not sick of it weeks after.

award shows usually have the nominations a year in advance so bang bang will be eligible NEXT YEAR.

7 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

They will almost definitely be nominated and have a good chance of winning for album and Bang Bang will be nominated for song, definitely and has a positive chance of winning.

You happen to be right but barely. It's not the year, it's the eligibility period.

For 2017 Grammys, the period is Eligibility Period: Oct. 1, 2015 to Sept. 30, 2016

If memory serves, the album was released Oct 10th taking the record out of contention for 2017.

The single Bang Bang came out during the eligibility period but the album wasn't which is something I've never really seen dealt with and I don't know what the rules are for that. The Grammys just made some major rule changes.

If the album can't be nominated until the 2018 Grammy's which appears to be the case, it is a thorn for its possibilities. 

Nominations are in a couple days actually (December 6th).

oh well i don't watch or partake in this garbage drivel anyways :lol: 

Just now, crock6000 said:

I generally agree but the Grammy's is the only award show I give some credibility too. They are in some touch. Some.

true that. at least the Grammy's have decent categories i'm interested in. :) 

1 hour ago, Dakke said:

The day twenty-one pilots win the Grammy for Best Rock Album I've officially lost my faith in the Grammy Awards.

I hope they win :)

10 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

I generally agree but the Grammy's is the only award show I give some credibility too. They are in some touch. Some.

The Grammy's have credibility, it's just the out of touch Punk rock fan base is stubborn as hell!

1 hour ago, Steven Seagull said:

Lol, they aren't winning anything with that abomination 

They didn't manage to attain a spot on the shortlist with the Trilogy either.

3 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Lol, they aren't winning anything with that abomination 

Stop doing this. You don't like something and go out of your way to bash it then giggle to yourself when people get upset. Just stop. 

On 12/3/2016 at 11:48 AM, Dakke said:

The day twenty-one pilots win the Grammy for Best Rock Album I've officially lost my faith in the Grammy Awards.

Welp... not rock album but...

Best Rock Performance:

“Joe” (Live From Austin City Limits) — Alabama Shakes

“Don’t Hurt Yourself” — Beyoncé Featuring Jack White

“Blackstar” — David Bowie

“The Sound Of Silence” (Live On Conan) — Disturbed

“Heathens” —  Twenty One Pilots

Best Rock Song:

“Blackstar” — David Bowie, songwriter (David Bowie)

“Burn The Witch” — Radiohead, songwriters (Radiohead)

“Hardwired” — James Hetfield & Lars Ulrich, songwriters (Metallica)

“Heathens” — Tyler Joseph, songwriter (Twenty One Pilots)

“My Name Is Human” — Rich Meyer, Ryan Meyer & Johnny Stevens, songwriters (Highly Suspect)

Unfortunately none for GD. :( Maybe next year...

Here are the best rock album nominees:

California —  Blink-182

Tell Me I’m Pretty — Cage The Elephant

Magma —  Gojira

Death Of A Bachelor — Panic! At The Disco

Weezer — Weezer

Archived