Will Green Day be nominated for rock album of the year at the Grammy's?

1039Revolutions

On 3.12.2016 at 5:48 PM, Dakke said:

The day twenty-one pilots win the Grammy for Best Rock Album I've officially lost my faith in the Grammy Awards.

Thank you. I always thought I was the only one who feels that way. People complaining about GD not being punk enough, but calling 21 pilots rock. :lol: Maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really excited for Weezer's White Album to be up for Rock Album of the Year and hope they win that award. Their last two albums have been fantastic.

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Welp... not rock album but...

Best Rock Performance:

“Joe” (Live From Austin City Limits) — Alabama Shakes

“Don’t Hurt Yourself” — Beyoncé Featuring Jack White

“Blackstar” — David Bowie

“The Sound Of Silence” (Live On Conan) — Disturbed

“Heathens” —  Twenty One Pilots

Best Rock Song:

“Blackstar” — David Bowie, songwriter (David Bowie)

“Burn The Witch” — Radiohead, songwriters (Radiohead)

“Hardwired” — James Hetfield & Lars Ulrich, songwriters (Metallica)

“Heathens” — Tyler Joseph, songwriter (Twenty One Pilots)

“My Name Is Human” — Rich Meyer, Ryan Meyer & Johnny Stevens, songwriters (Highly Suspect)

Unfortunately none for GD. :( Maybe next year...

Here are the best rock album nominees:

Hide contents

California —  Blink-182

Tell Me I’m Pretty — Cage The Elephant

Magma —  Gojira

Death Of A Bachelor — Panic! At The Disco

Weezer — Weezer

I'm definately happy to see blink and Weezer ☺️

Hopefully Green Day will be nominated next year!

I was really surprised that Bang Bang was not nominated for Best Rock Song, especially when Hardwired was.  Hopefully Rev Rad will get a nomination when it is eligible next year.

Someone want to explain to me why Twenty One Pilots is considered to be a rock band? We have fallen on black times in the music industry. 

Its likely it just came out too late in the year.  Late 2015 albums are being nominated.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see it next year

as for best rock song and performance, i hope for at least one of em bowie wins.

49 minutes ago, onionbubs said:

Its likely it just came out too late in the year.  Late 2015 albums are being nominated.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see it next year

as for best rock song and performance, i hope for at least one of em bowie wins.

The cut off date is Sept. 30.  So the album Rev Rad missed the cutoff and is eligible for next years grammies.  However, BAng Bang, the single was eligible this year.  Hardwired was nominated and it was released after Bang Bang.

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

The cut off date is Sept. 30.  So the album Rev Rad missed the cutoff and is eligible for next years grammies.  However, BAng Bang, the single was eligible this year.  Hardwired was nominated and it was released after Bang Bang.

Then I've officially lost my faith in the Grammys. It's hard to understand even from an objective perspective because BB kicked ass on the charts.

On 12/3/2016 at 2:33 PM, Jake69 said:

I have no doubt in my mind they are going to be nominated and win next year. I mean, there isn't that much competition.

Metallica's new album would be a contender. And simply because it's Metallica gives them a large chance to win.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Who gives a fuck?

Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, Warner Brothers, Pat Magnarella, Rob Cavallo, etc

1 minute ago, nopride84 said:

Pretty sure green day doesn't give a fuck and Rob had nothing to do with this album

But Rob is the chairman of Warner Brothers records and awards will most likely lead to increased record sales.  My guess is that all of them care very, very much.

1 minute ago, Shahd said:

Fans also care

Unless I lost my mind and I shouldn't care?!

It gives us a chance to see the boys all dressed up:happyhands:

3 minutes ago, Shahd said:

Fans also care

Unless I lost my mind and I shouldn't care?!

No you haven't, we care 

Well it's funny because when dookie won a Grammy us fans didn't give a fuck and even green day didn't give a fuck now that's all that matters.

Yes, I was quite surprised they didn't make a go at this years awards. It would have made the "comeback" appear somewhat complete. 

19 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Well it's funny because when dookie won a Grammy us fans didn't give a fuck and even green day didn't give a fuck now that's all that matters.

I think we all need a priority check. 

57 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Pretty sure green day doesn't give a fuck and Rob had nothing to do with this album

Rob is the chairman of Warner he had a big part of the album...

EDIT: sorry didn't see @Scattered Wreck pointed out Rob's connection yet my bad 

Archived