Kerrang! To Release A Green Day Cover Album December 7

Hey guys, I got four extra copies today. If anyone wants one PM me - I'll send anywhere! 

4 hours ago, aallnd said:

Is anyone here kind enough to upload the album somewhere or to provide a link for it? I would totally get the magazine if I lived in the UK but unfortunately I don't and shipping would cost me more than the actual magazine, not to mention it will probably arrive in like a month or so, so I'm not really sure if it's worth ordering it (also I've seen a lot of people who are in the same situation as I am)

PM me, I can send you a copy :D 

Also I'm willing to take the cost for the mag itself, so you'd just have to pay the shipping whatever it is. Like a christmas present! :cool: 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, my problem is that every time, EVERY TIME, someone - anyone, covers a green day song, they always always always have to 'pretty it up'. God I hate that.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:24 PM, JoeFrusciante said:

Thank God for The Interrupters being on there  

The only decent song on the CD!

Thanks for uploading this @WorryRock02 . 

think I like Andy's cover better than the ROAM one , but I still feel a bit iffy about it. I like Andy's vocals, but I just feel like it's too busy in terms of instrumentation.

Can't get Kerrang anywhere. Is it possible someone that has this can put it online for those of us who can't hear it?

For those (like me) who don't have the CD and can't find the songs anywhere, this sweet person uploaded them to Soundcloud! I think most of them are there, I haven't checked yet. I'm thrilled to finally hear 21 Guns :lol:

Just listened to it, not so bad as the last cover album. In my opinion the best covers are 21 Guns and 2000 Light Years Away. Then maybe Nice Guys Finish Last, St Jimmy and Hitchin a Ride are ok. And I still have to listen one more time to When I come around, JoS and Boulevard of Broken Dreams to give a better opinion on those. The rest I didn't really like.

Bought this the other day and listened to it this morning. Big MEH to most of it, so many generic pop punk voices or just weedy voices and nothing particularly ambitious or creative going on. I was quite amused that All By Myself was covered but they made it identical to the original, even down to pathetically trying to imitate Tre's voice, so it was utterly pointless! They could've done literally anything else with it and it would've been interesting. Worst of all for me was JoS, didn't need to hear a one note shouted version of that :P

The exception was Puppy's Welcome to Paradise, really liked that! They did something totally different with it and it's all slinky and stuff, can see myself listening to that again. Also quite liked the extremely Scottish Good Riddance by Twin Atlantic :D. And the ska American Idiot was alright but I thought it could've been quite a lot more interesting. Good to know the opening act I'll be seeing isn't terrible though. All in all was worth buying for WTP and the cool sleeve.

On 11.12.2016 at 5:51 PM, Hermione said:

Bought this the other day and listened to it this morning. Big MEH to most of it, so many generic pop punk voices or just weedy voices and nothing particularly ambitious or creative going on. I was quite amused that All By Myself was covered but they made it identical to the original, even down to pathetically trying to imitate Tre's voice, so it was utterly pointless! They could've done literally anything else with it and it would've been interesting. Worst of all for me was JoS, didn't need to hear a one note shouted version of that :P

The exception was Puppy's Welcome to Paradise, really liked that! They did something totally different with it and it's all slinky and stuff, can see myself listening to that again. Also quite liked the extremely Scottish Good Riddance by Twin Atlantic :D. And the ska American Idiot was alright but I thought it could've been quite a lot more interesting. Good to know the opening act I'll be seeing isn't terrible though. All in all was worth buying for WTP and the cool sleeve.

Agree almost with every single word :)

WTP is great and inpredictable! 

Why other bands can make AI songs sound better and Green Day themself couldn't? 

9 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

because almost all but Bowling for Soup sucked at their jobs. 

EDIT Andy Biersack was one of the best on here + Boulevard's cover was excellent too

On 12/12/2016 at 0:29 PM, Jenn. said:

I have three extra copies if anyone wants them sent out :) 

I would but I got no money to pay for shipping so ;-;

From what ive heard on soundcloud...its ehhh which is 10,000 times better than anything I was expecting :P

Heard Good Riddance, and thought it was funny and really good. 

Then I heard Wake Me up. Geesh. Yikes.

On 12/12/2016 at 4:15 PM, Steven Seagull said:

Shut the fuck up.

Also- All by myself, just a teensy but too try hard. Just a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard this. So much better than the original with much more creative instrumentals and more powerful vocals.

I gotta admit the 21 Guns cover is very powerful and (I can't believe I'm writing this) better than most of their live performances during the 21CB tour. The Broadway Idiot version also had something extra compared to the original. The instrumentation makes a difference indeed.

• 1 month later...

Saw this in my YT subscription feed today. Looks like at least three of the tracks are now on Spotify, but under a different album name? I don't know.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:42 PM, Steven Seagull said:

Just heard this. So much better than the original with much more creative instrumentals and more powerful vocals.

Meh...more like poets of the fall kind of song

the voice has no appeal to me,looks like a common voice,one easily forgettable,rather than powerful.

This one doesnt really touch my soul...i feel no emotion while listening to it :( .

• 2 months later...
On 10/02/2017 at 6:55 PM, Paola17 said:

Saw this in my YT subscription feed today. Looks like at least three of the tracks are now on Spotify, but under a different album name? I don't know.

Possibly the latest reply ever, sorry, but these three bands are all signed to Hopeless records, so it was probably a label decision to release the songs that Hopeless made and other labels decided it wasn't worth it.  

Archived