Kerrang! To Release A Green Day Cover Album December 7

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Only one I recognize is Andy Black who is from Black Veil Brides... which I can't stand.

I had the same thought. He's the only name I recognized and it's not a good one. :thumbsdown:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got high hopes for She and Good Riddance - Patty Walters (As It Is lead singer) originally did YouTube covers, and Sam McTrusty has a lovely voice (I'm a big fan of Scottish vocalists tbh).  Both of those just need good production and they'll be awesome, really hope they don't overproduce She.  A lot of the others could go either way.  Hitchin A Ride has the potential to be totally disastrous, I struggle to see a world in which waterparks should pull that off.  I'll hold off judgement til I've listened though, you never know.

Who are these people?! lol I don't know any of them, except Andy Black but I freaking hate his band haha, I'm not gonna waste my time to listen to this, I actually haven't even listen to the one for AI. 

33 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

garbage core. 

my sister owns this garbage and she's a GD fan too! :lol:

As I said some will vomit and some will love it.

Honestly, I've never understood how someone can't at least appreciate bluegrass. It's often thrown in with country which I generally hate with some minor exception but bluegrass, like jazz has the best instrumentation and vocals. You can't be a bad musician and play Bluegrass which is why at about 30 I discovered through Phish, bluegrass and never looked back. Check out a band called String Cheese Incident.

If you want to REALLY vomit and I'll be with you on this one, check out this bad boy:

This says BG but it's a straight country version of SHE.

The album: 
https://itun.es/us/F8-Xv

3 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Seriously if you think that, die.

That's out of line as much as Seagulls trolling is annoying but no reason to say die to him 

Seriously have you guys never heard of these bands?  There are only a few I properly like but I've heard of more than ten of them...  I guess most of them are British, with a few Australians (so not many US bands), and they're mostly quite 'up-and-coming', so the band's aren't all as well known as the ones on the AI cover album.  Hopefully that's not the only difference from the AI cover...

3 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I'm intrigued by The Interrupters and Beach Slang covers, but that's it.

Me too especially Interrupters. Frankly surprised they are on the bill for it.

3 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Seriously if you think that, die.

A couple things on this post.

1) @Steven Seagull It doesn't bother me at all the things you say and do to ruffle people's feathers but I've never met a person outside of the Internet that goes around poking strangers trying to get a rise out of them and therefore you probably don't in real life. So why be a fucking pussy and hide behind a keyboard to bother some people for no reason other than your fun? I must emphasize again that what you say doesn't bother me, just that you do it.

2) Why do any of the people here react and "feed the troll". I've never seen a resident troll. That's a first.

3) and probably most importantly, @MysticManiac You are an asshole.

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Only one I recognize is Andy Black who is from Black Veil Brides... which I can't stand.

lol I was about to be like 'oh wow a Kerrang thing that doesn't feature the same bands they suck up to every week' but Black Veil Brides is one of those bands so I was wrong :lol: 

i like Twin Atlantic so I'm interested to hear their Good Riddance, obviously the Interrupters, and Beach Slang because I think Billie mentioned them. 

I hate these things but my compulsion to buy anything with Green Day on it always wins. And Kerrang probably know that.

26 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

As I said some will vomit and some will love it.

Honestly, I've never understood how someone can't at least appreciate bluegrass. It's often thrown in with country which I generally hate with some minor exception but bluegrass, like jazz has the best instrumentation and vocals. You can't be a bad musician and play Bluegrass which is why at about 30 I discovered through Phish, bluegrass and never looked back. Check out a band called String Cheese Incident.

If you want to REALLY vomit and I'll be with you on this one, check out this bad boy:

This says BG but it's a straight country version of SHE.

The album: 
https://itun.es/us/F8-Xv

:ga: Thanks for this. The Mr. Is currently WAY into bluegrass and doesn't love Green Day like I do, so now we have something we can both enjoy.  Although, I might have laugh/snorted during She.

15 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

:ga: Thanks for this. The Mr. Is currently WAY into bluegrass and doesn't love Green Day like I do, so now we have something we can both enjoy.  Although, I might have laugh/snorted during She.

Everything about this post makes me smile!

But if he likes BG, he will like this one more than the one you quoted. The one you quoted is more county.

This is straight up BG: 
https://itun.es/us/1Czv7

2 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Exactly what I was thinking!

They will make a bunch of money off of nobodies singing Green Day songs and only having to pay the publishing rights. 

Well Green Day do make money off of it. You know, just in case somewhere here is worried about how much money they have. ;)

I'm actually impressed.

You guys want a Green Day cover album that doesn't ruin anything and gives you a different way to listen to GD? Some will love it, some will vomit as with all good things. :)

Here is an Apple Music link to the album and I'll post a YT link.

I actually think this version plays more on the love part of WICA. There is a whole album of this btw. I love it. :-)

The Bluegrass Green Day album is freaking awesome! 

I love this cover album that I think came out around the same time too... It's even got Weezer covering Worry Rock!

1 hour ago, tacobellfan456 said:

The Bluegrass Green Day album is freaking awesome! 

I love this cover album that I think came out around the same time too... It's even got Weezer covering Worry Rock!

Ha!  You my friend are a lover of good music.

Green Day and Bluegrass Green Day.

Weezer and Bluegrass Weezer.

Doesn't get much better for my money. It's the "Pickin' On" series that I love.  They cover so much good music as BG.

edit: I challenge anyone to tell me this version of Good Riddance isn't the best you've heard.;)

The problem with these kinds of albums is that they're invariably shit versions of the originals, rather than anyone trying something new and different. If you want to listen to a pop punk band doing American Idiot, why wouldn't you listen to Green Day doing it?

3 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Everything about this post makes me smile!

But if he likes BG, he will like this one more than the one you quoted. The one you quoted is more county.

This is straight up BG: 

Oh yes, I played that one first -- it just didn't make me laugh/snort.

P.s. what's your prediction for the SEC championship game?  

UK magazine releases cover album of "International Superhits," naming it "American Superhits," featuring bands not from America.

Holy fucking shit, Andy's doing 21 Guns?! :woot: I don't recognize any of the others, but I'm feeling pretty excited about this one, even if it is a fuck up. My favorite GD song of all time plus one of my favorite artists. 

7 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Seriously have you guys never heard of these bands?  There are only a few I properly like but I've heard of more than ten of them...  I guess most of them are British, with a few Australians (so not many US bands), and they're mostly quite 'up-and-coming', so the band's aren't all as well known as the ones on the AI cover album.  Hopefully that's not the only difference from the AI cover...

I have heard of two. Since most of them are British I don't really see why people from other countries should know about them. 

Got high hopes for She and Good Riddance - Patty Walters (As It Is lead singer) originally did YouTube covers, and Sam McTrusty has a lovely voice (I'm a big fan of Scottish vocalists tbh).  Both of those just need good production and they'll be awesome, really hope they don't overproduce She.  A lot of the others could go either way.  Hitchin A Ride has the potential to be totally disastrous, I struggle to see a world in which waterparks should pull that off.  I'll hold off judgement til I've listened though, you never know.

It's a good attitude!

7 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Me too especially Interrupters. Frankly surprised they are on the bill for it.

A couple things on this post.

1) @Steven Seagull It doesn't bother me at all the things you say and do to ruffle people's feathers but I've never met a person outside of the Internet that goes around poking strangers trying to get a rise out of them and therefore you probably don't in real life. So why be a fucking pussy and hide behind a keyboard to bother some people for no reason other than your fun? I must emphasize again that what you say doesn't bother me, just that you do it.

2) Why do any of the people here react and "feed the troll". I've never seen a resident troll. That's a first.

3) and probably most importantly, @MysticManiac You are an asshole.

Look I acknowledged after that comment that I shouldn't have said that. I said it was uncalled for. I should have found a better way to say what I wanted to see, or I should have just stopped 'feeding the troll'. I don't know why I do that. I wouldn't say I'm an asshole, I just went too far

I know of all of them but know really about any. Just from reading the decks. Well maybe as SS said, it will be good?

13 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Look I acknowledged after that comment that I shouldn't have said that. I said it was uncalled for. I should have found a better way to say what I wanted to see, or I should have just stopped 'feeding the troll'. I don't know why I do that. I wouldn't say I'm an asshole, I just went too far

Fair enough. After reading this post, I would agree (that you're not an asshole that is).

Also, I wouldn't have called you that if I read your other post. I'm a narcissist. I only care what I write. ;)

3 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Oh yes, I played that one first -- it just didn't make me laugh/snort.

P.s. what's your prediction for the SEC championship game?  

Wtf?! How do you know I'm a Gator? Who's this?

My prediction is that we get our ass beat down by many many many points.

My Orange &a Blue Glasses prediction has us winning in a nail biter with a winning FG by Eddie.

Was not expecting that question here and the reason it's weird is because I frequent only two forums. This one every couple years and Gatorcountry every day during the season and once a month in the off season for decades.

39 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

UK magazine releases cover album of "International Superhits," naming it "American Superhits," featuring bands not from America.

Hahahaha! Brill.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

The problem with these kinds of albums is that they're invariably shit versions of the originals, rather than anyone trying something new and different. If you want to listen to a pop punk band doing American Idiot, why wouldn't you listen to Green Day doing it?

That's what I hate about cover bands too. Though Frank from MCR did a different take on Extraordinary Girl the last time they did something like this and it was absolutely terrible :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Favourite quote from this thread

Archived