Revolution Radio B-Sides

Otis Big

What do you guys think? It's strange that there have been no B-Sides released along with Revolution Radio, especially with a track list that on the shorter side. It wasn't surprising that there were none for the trilogy because of how much content in the actual release. I'm a little disappointed because I expected B-Sides when I saw how short the album was and because they typically do have them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There might be b-sides released with future singles, or they might drop some online at some point. Doesn't mean there are none!

I've moved this over to the Green Day section of the forum for you.

Im disappointed by the lack of b-sides/bonus tracks too.  Hopefully they'll release a couple with singles or something, but I'm not sure how likely that actually is.  We haven't had any for ages!

Singles with b sides are pretty much non existence nowadays 

and i recall reading a interview before the album that they didn't do a lot of songs for the album 

52 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

and i recall reading a interview before the album that they didn't do a lot of songs for the album 

If they had maybe the filler tracks would be better :ga:

I'd be really happy if Devil's Kind and Body Bag were released as singles - kind of bonus tracks. B-sides would be great, too, but I don't know, maybe we don't have to wait that long for a new album. Billie said in one of those interviews lately that they'd like to release the next record rather sooner than later. Maybe Trump is a fountain of inspiration after all :lol:

1 minute ago, MMwhatsername said:

I'd be really happy if Devil's Kind and Body Bag were released as singles - kind of bonus tracks. B-sides would be great, too, but I don't know, maybe we don't have to wait that long for a new album. Billie said in one of those interviews lately that they'd like to release the next record rather sooner than later. Maybe Trump is a fountain of inspiration after all :lol:

but those were made just for the film, right? No relation with the album afaik

1 minute ago, Sarcasm said:

but those were made just for the film, right? No relation with the album afaik

Yeah I guess, but it would still be cool. Those songs are nice :happy:

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

The director said there'd be a soundtrack of sorts released sometime in the future 

Didn't they say in an interview that they focused only on making the 12 songs on the album? I doubt there are many B-sides, if any at all. 

40 minutes ago, ZSebs said:

Didn't they say in an interview that they focused only on making the 12 songs on the album? I doubt there are many B-sides, if any at all. 

Well I'm sure they've written some other songs prior to the album being announced. BJ said that he originally wasn't going to put Troubled Times on the record, so I assume there are at least a couple other tracks that he wasn't going to put on the record too. Also, possible B-sides don't necessarily have to be songs written from this era. Many people believe the AI and 21CB B-sides are from Cigarettes and Valentines. They definitely have plenty of songs to give as B-sides

Although I suppose with the 12 tracks from the album, plus Devil's Kind and Body Bag, that's a sufficient amount of music for us fans

Maybe we'll get another Christmas song as a B-side... If so, let's hope it's better than Xmas Time of the Year

10 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I've moved this over to the Green Day section of the forum for you.

Im disappointed by the lack of b-sides/bonus tracks too.  Hopefully they'll release a couple with singles or something, but I'm not sure how likely that actually is.  We haven't had any for ages!

There were several as recently as 2009 from 21st Century Breakdown: "Hearts Collide," "Lights Out," "Like a Rolling Stone," "That's All Right," "Another State of Mind," and "A Quick One While He's Away."

5 minutes ago, Matt. said:

There were several as recently as 2009 from 21st Century Breakdown: "Hearts Collide," "Lights Out," "Like a Rolling Stone," "That's All Right," "Another State of Mind," and "A Quick One While He's Away."

Maybe he feels 2009 isn't recent and is ages ago for him 

29 minutes ago, Matt. said:

23 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Maybe he feels 2009 isn't recent and is ages ago for him 

In the music industry 2009 is sorta ages ago

36 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

In the music industry 2009 is sorta ages ago

True but the feeling of something being ages ago or recent is a subjective thing 

1 hour ago, Alan86 said:

We got a b-side from the Trilogy on Demolicious in 2014.

"state of shock"

Wow. I totally forgot about that song. I was just about to ask if we got any b-sides from the Trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Alan86 said:

"state of shock"

We also got an entire album of B-sides called Dos! :lol:

4 hours ago, Matt. said:

I know, but I don't count 2009 as recently :P  Maybe I'm too young and that's why it seems like ages ago, plus I only got really into Green Day in September 2009 anyway.

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

With the letdown that Revrad is, I don't wanna to hear nothing related to it anymore :lol: 

I hope you're let down repeatedly :)

5 hours ago, Alan86 said:

"state of shock"

It's not really a B-side, it was an unreleased full-band demo recorded at the same time as the rest of Demolicious.

17 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Singles with b sides are pretty much non existence nowadays 

Even so, they had to have recorded more than the 12.   Did they say about how many they did?  20-30 or something?

7 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Even so, they had to have recorded more than the 12.   Did they say about how many they did?  20-30 or something?

It was less than 20 if I remember right said they wrote like 18 songs

Archived