GDA Riddles Contests 3.0 - Winner and Answers

BeachBum

Less than a week ago we unleashed our third Riddles Contest. We would like to thank everyone who participated this year and would like to congratulate Nazmija as our winner. They will choose between a Revolution Radio lyric book with CD or a Revolution Radio limited edition red vinyl. We would also like to congratulate the first winner, Sofia. We'll send you something too! Here is the full list of winners:

Sofia
Benjamin
Jenn
Nazmija

If you were curious to what the answers were here they are with an explanation.

1. Awesome as fuck or maybe just drunk, I will warm you up for the best live rock act. So many ways to have a good time. Eh oh let’s go, see you at the next tour stop! You will need the 2nd and 4th letters from the last word of my name.

Answer: Pink Bunny ( N, U)
Procedure: The Pink/ Drunk Bunny is on the cover of awesome as fuck, always comes on before Green Day. “So many ways to have a good time” and “Eh oh let’s go” are lyrics from the songs the bunny uses when on stage.

2. The end seemingly marked an explosive return of Christian and Gloria. You will need the 2nd and 7th letters from the overseer of this reunion’s company name.

Answer: Antoni Sendra AKA Podenco (O,O) http://www.podenco.tv/ 
Procedure: If you have watched the new lyric videos, in revolution radio the end has a clip that is a throwback to the 21st century breakdown characters. The overseer was the director and his company name is listed in the youtube description.

3. If Red + Green = Dookie and Warning, AI can be found on top while 21st Century Breakdown is on the bottom leaving Insomniac and Nimrod white and yellow. Can you solve me?
You can use the 4th and 6th letters from my title and the 1st letter from my creator's name.

Answer: http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/32218/ Unsolved, Anna (O,V, A)
Procedure: The key words here were solve and creator. Creator indicates it was made by someone and should have lead you to the visitor section of the picture. Solve should have indicated that it was a puzzle of sorts. In the picture vault there is a rubik’s cube with Green Day Album art work. The Title of the piece is unsolved and the creator’s name was Anna.

4. Stage 3 completed. Troublemaker unlocked! You can use the 4th letter from the first word and 2nd and 4th letters from the second word of the answer.

Answer: Angry Birds Green Day http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/3480/
(R, D, I) 
Procedure: The stage complete should have indicated that this riddle is about a game. Troublemaker is a Green Day song, thus putting you in the Trilogy era. The game angry birds Green Day unlocked the song Troublemaker when you completed stage 3.

5. Hot off the Press! It’s the story of how they conquered the world. You can take the 4th letter from the first word and the 5th and 6th letter from the forth word of this as well as a space from title.

Answer: Article: Hot Press “Smells Like Green Spirit” ( L, I, T, _) http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/128/1/
Procedure: “Hot off the Press” should have lead to the article section as well indicated the publication Hot Press. There is only one Article on GDA by Hot Press. The title of the article is Smells like Green Spirit which was the answer to the riddle.

6. The Riverboat Gambler says it’s a safe bet with Fritzie’s Folly, High in the Saddle and CheeseBurger Bill, but Nightly Ghost is a risk to lose it all. “No guts no glory!” Hold on to the bet that may haunt you. You will need the 2nd and 6th letters from the last name of the character the ponies got.

Answer: Irv Kratser (R,E)
Procedure: This was a tough one, you needed to know you Green Day Trivia. The riddle was based on the TV show Haunted that Billie Joe appeared in. The horses were all horses bet on in the episode and Nightly Ghost lost the final bet. “No guts no glory!” was a line said in the episode and the word haunt was a keyword to reference the series title. Billie Joe played the charater that the Ponies got. Billie called the character the Riverboat Gambler in a recent interview. That character’s name was Irv Kraster.

After answering the final riddle you should have the following letters: NUOOOVARDILIT_RE

Final Answer: REVOLUTION RADIO

Again we would like to thank everyone for their participation. Let us know what you thought of the contest below!

It pisses me off how close I was to the answer for 3 :lol: I saw that Rubix cube so many times while searching GDA for an answer, and while I lied awake at night thinking about it, I kept thinking "Hey, that sounds like a Rubix cube, or something similar" and I never once connected the dots haha. I have to thank Lone and BeachBum for putting so much effort into these to make them difficult and amazing to find :D Congratulations to the winners! 

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

SO what was the overall answer?

Opps

Forgot to copy that part :lol:

Revolution Radio was the final answer

Okay I would've never guessed some of the answers!

I'm glad I didn't send my made up answers although you would've had a good laugh at them :P

I'm impressed by the smart people who won, they totally deserve it!

Just now, Shahd said:

Okay I would've never guessed some of the answers!

I'm glad I didn't send my made up answers although you would've had a good laugh at them :P

I'm impressed by the smart people who won, they totally deserve it!

i love when people send in made up answers.   

Woo hoo I am a winner :D Congrats to Nazmija on getting the prize :cool: 

The riddles were super fun guys, thanks!!

I didn't bother going on gda and never watched the lyrics videos - looking back, these riddles make much more sense.

No 6 is so obvious! :o

Congrats to the winners, great detective work! 

I knew number 6 immediately, but I never knew Billie Joe's character had an actual name - I remembered it as "ghostly betting man" :lol: I had to IMDB it to find the real answer.

Congrats to the winners, good job! 

I got 1 and 2 right away, but I'm glad I gave up afterwards, I think I would've never solved the rest :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I knew number 6 immediately, but I never knew Billie Joe's character had an actual name - I remembered it as "ghostly betting man" :lol: I had to IMDB it to find the real answer.

I didn't know that either and find it very amusing that they bothered to give it a name :lol: 

I can't do riddles, but now with the answers I can enjoy them! Congrats to the winners!

Awesome! This is always great fun, very stressful, but fun! :D I was loosing my mind over number 3. I'm glad GDA has a search tool or else I wouldn't have got many of them :P

Also, thank you, I'm so curious to what I will get xD

Lol, only 4 people who got it, I thought more people would have got it after those 2 extensions.

8 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

Awesome! This is always great fun, very stressful, but fun! :D I was loosing my mind over number 3. I'm glad GDA has a search tool or else I wouldn't have got many of them :P

Also, thank you, I'm so curious to what I will get xD

key words and a search tool.   Those be the two most important things :D

10 hours ago, Jenn. said:

the characters name was also in the video clip.  We IMDB'd for spelling only.

It's good you guys made us solve all the riddles in the email and show our work so to speak because i was like i bet even if i don't solve this properly the answer is revolution radio! :lol: But I still didn't understand how keep your eyes on the prize made sense for the overall answer? Maybe I'm just dumb. But let's take a moment to laugh at how off I was for 3!

2 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

It's good you guys made us solve all the riddles in the email and show our work so to speak because i was like i bet even if i don't solve this properly the answer is revolution radio! :lol: But I still didn't understand how keep your eyes on the prize made sense for the overall answer? Maybe I'm just dumb. But let's take a moment to laugh at how off I was for 3!

The prize for the contest is the Revolution Radio lyric book/vynil! 

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

the characters name was also in the video clip.  We IMDB'd for spelling only.

:lol: I should have went and watched it! Now you've said that I can actually picture the scene now, even though I haven't watched it in years, lol. I just automatically went to IMDB!

Omg those answers are ridiculous. I got the rev radio music video part but didn't think about the director as the second part to that riddle! Dang! 

I was way off with the Troublemaker riddle. If you google "Stage 3 complete" you get results about stages of heart failure. So I thought the clue had something to do with heart attack/cardiac arrest since those are lyrics in the song :lol: 

ugh Hot Press! I was circling around Alternative Press and searching for articles that mention how Green Day conquered the world- which there are in Rolling Stone! 

I never would have gotten the rubik cube one. That's insane :lol: 

14 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

Omg those answers are ridiculous. I got the rev radio music video part but didn't think about the director as the second part to that riddle! Dang! 

I was way off with the Troublemaker riddle. If you google "Stage 3 complete" you get results about stages of heart failure. So I thought the clue had something to do with heart attack/cardiac arrest since those are lyrics in the song :lol: 

ugh Hot Press! I was circling around Alternative Press and searching for articles that mention how Green Day conquered the world- which there are in Rolling Stone! 

I never would have gotten the rubik cube one. That's insane :lol: 

GDA search> Google Search

We used lots of key words and most of them are searchable on GDA not so much google.

1- Drunk, Awesome as fuck...  this was all but called him by name.  
2- This one not so much on the key words... more of a you had to watch the lyric video's
3- Keyword for this one was Solve.  ( Solve was used in the riddle and both hints.)  Answer was on the first page of results when search on GDA
4- Troublemaker, Unlocked - seach either of these on GDA and the answer was on the first page of results
5- The was more about key words getting you to the section.  Press searched on GDA shows the article as the third result
6- You needed to know your trivia to start with this one.  Search Jackie from the hint though and one of the results on the first page has the video and talks about the role.

7 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

The prize for the contest is the Revolution Radio lyric book/vynil! 

i'm a dumbass :lol:

I got all but 2 and 3! For the 2nd I thought it was something related to American Eulogy ahah and the 3rd... at first I thought it was related to the Album Titles, because Dookie=Red (the title in Dookie is written in red), Nimrod=Yellow as the circle in the picture's face, in 21stCB "is on the bottom" and so on... But then I realized that Warning is written in orange and that the green part was the name of the band so I started to think it was about the Album Artwork and I also searched if there was someone who worked for all these album's artworks, and actually there is a guy called Chris who collaborates to all ahah (as a "creator"). I was a little bit wrong I guess ahah I totally feel like a cello for this (?!) :D:D 

Well, great job! 

13 hours ago, Minority103 said:

I got all but 2 and 3! For the 2nd I thought it was something related to American Eulogy ahah and the 3rd... at first I thought it was related to the Album Titles, because Dookie=Red (the title in Dookie is written in red), Nimrod=Yellow as the circle in the picture's face, in 21stCB "is on the bottom" and so on... But then I realized that Warning is written in orange and that the green part was the name of the band so I started to think it was about the Album Artwork and I also searched if there was someone who worked for all these album's artworks, and actually there is a guy called Chris who collaborates to all ahah (as a "creator"). I was a little bit wrong I guess ahah I totally feel like a cello for this (?!) :D:D 

Well, great job! 

I thought the same at first. First thing that came to mind for 2 was American Eulogy. For 3 I can't even recall how many things I thought about, but I thought of that as well but then I thought it was gonna be something like a review with albums being rated so that's why AI was on top and 21st CBD was on the bottom xD

• Lone unpinned this topic

Archived