Green Day on Virgin Radio

so-unholy

I was trying to catch up on the endless interviews GD has done recently and found a new one with Edith Bowman!

(Former lurker here, hello everyone!)

We're peeps :wub: Haha, I really liked this one, it was fun. Loved when they talked about karaoke and singing the instrumental parts :lol: and how much coffee did Billie and Tré drank before this? lol. 

Billie and Mike walking on the beach :wub:

Basket Case is the national anthem to the psychotic at heart! I love this!

I'll be waiting for someone to cover their songs by singing the melody lol

I think that's's my favourite interview of the whole revrad cycle so far.  They were so engaged and comfortable, very on-the-ball and funny at times, and a massive amount of stuff that we didn't really know but wanted to was covered.  The best interviews are always the ones that go slightly deeper into the music and the band as a whole, and this one hit the nail on the head.  

I'm excited by the summer Scotland show too.  I'm up there for a week in August, so we just need a date now!

Thanks so-unholy!  Great interview, well conducted and the guys really on form.  Scottish show next summer, so excited and so anxious, I have so much on next summer, I will go crazy if I can't make this! :dance:I hope!

Billie and Mike went to the beach to talk about their future? They are friendship goals.

I just generally want to hug all of them. I love all of these interviews so much. Their instrumental work in this was fantastic. :lol:

I love Edith's accent, my goodness. She's a lovely interviewer.

Really cool and fun interview! And I liked their cheeky song choice :D 

Can Billie please stop that putting on a "funny" high voice and asking questions (eg anyone got a personality disorder? anyone wanna smoke some pot?) thing though? I know he likes to be funny in a dorky way but it's soooooo cringeworthy and I can't stand it, bad enough on stage without bringing it into interviews as well :P 

@Hermione RIGHT?!?!? Someone figured out that he's (probably) taking it from an old KISS schtick before they'd play Cold Gin. But I don't care, he can stop now. So much of my relationship with this band involves me saying, "Oh honey, no." :lol: 

1 minute ago, stories and songs said:

@Hermione RIGHT?!?!? Someone figured out that he's (probably) taking it from an old KISS schtick before they'd play Cold Gin. But I don't care, he can stop now. So much of my relationship with this band involves me saying, "Oh honey, no." :lol: 

Maybe if he just didn't do it for so long each time? :lol: Don't normally mind a bit of dorkiness/embarrassingness from Billie but this crosses the line lol.

@Hermione At the concert I went to we went past the part where he usually broke into that weird voice and I thought "Oh good, he's not doing it tonight." And then for the next song he DID IT, damn it. Thing is, it's hard to even hear what he's saying because it's so squeaky. But the guys all laugh when he's doing it, so I guess they can amuse themselves if they want. :lol:

On 17. listopadu 2016 at 6:14 PM, stories and songs said:

Billie and Mike went to the beach to talk about their future? They are friendship goals.

Whaat, I'm only now listening to this... can they get any cuter, seriously :happy:

I reckon the Scottish show has got to be the Glasgow summer sessions in August at Bellahouston park. Either that or a big stadium gig at hampden or murrayfield. I think we are in for a big one since the never made it here on the 99 revs tour or the first leg of revrad tour

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped over to youtube to find this ukulele "Bang Bang" cover and at first found this OTHER song by the same name done on the instrument.  but then I found the green day one and the girl is getting comments about this interview and she is sooooooo excited.   I gave her the link to GDA so she could check it out.   She had no idea Tre Cool mentioned her!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Also - while not super informative, it was a better interview than so many of the other ones.   That girls did it right!

Archived