Green Day on The Late Late Show with James Corden (Tues. Nov. 22).

MaraGreenDay

i loved that short interview so much!
maybe it helps that i adore james corden, but it was such a pleasant little interview and they all looked so happy.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Although I enjoyed watching it, I'm gutted they didn't do the carpool karoke :(

I know what you're saying but I just can't imagine Billie doing it, maybe i'm wrong but he's so socially awkward, James is so extrovert 

Carpool Karaoke is such a unique situation I actually have no idea if Billie would be up for it or not. He doesn't like singing upon request, but would he see it as a performance or an interview?

As an aside, the thing I love about CK is that James Corden has to know the songs playing because he sings along, and then he can ask about details in the song that no one else would. It's kind of a step up from the standard lazy 5-minute google that most interviewers do (and some don't even bother with that :lol: )

34 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Carpool Karaoke is such a unique situation I actually have no idea if Billie would be up for it or not. He doesn't like singing upon request, but would he see it as a performance or an interview?

As an aside, the thing I love about CK is that James Corden has to know the songs playing because he sings along, and then he can ask about details in the song that no one else would. It's kind of a step up from the standard lazy 5-minute google that most interviewers do (and some don't even bother with that :lol: )

Maybe he could just see it as a fun thing to do and just do it. But maybe he doesn't look at it that way, I don't know. It's supposed to be a fun thing not serious.

I think he doesn't like it much when he's asked to sing in an interview situation and hasn't warmed up his voice, not that I think he goes through elaborate warm up exercises, but if he knew that was what he was going to do, I think he could really be up for it and that it would be great, he's not exactly a shy performer after all! 

I have no idea if Billie would like it or not. He and Tre have been having fun playing games on talk shows lately, lol. Idk if Mike would like it either, really. I can see him having a good time with it or just quietly sitting in the backseat.

3 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I have no idea if Billie would like it or not. He and Tre have been having fun playing games on talk shows lately, lol. Idk if Mike would like it either, really. I can see him having a good time with it or just quietly sitting in the backseat.

Imagine Billie and Mike doing those harmonies, lol! And Tre doing his Bang Bang drum solo against Corden's headrest :cool: 

I think they'd do it, it's not the same as awkwardly singing in an interview since it's not singing alone and is known about in advance so I think they'd have fun with it. Probably just didn't get asked :P 

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think they'd do it, it's not the same as awkwardly singing in an interview since it's not singing alone and is known about in advance so I think they'd have fun with it. Probably just didn't get asked :P 

Maybe he asked them to do one in the future?  I hope. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these desertrose, they are great.  Would love to have heard the conversation in the last one!

Archived