Second favourite son

2017/06/04 - Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Netherlands

5 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, seems like they're setting the stage up (including catwalk). I'm still interested to see wether they'll use the Auckland/New Zealand slightly cut down stage set-up production or the standard one. My guess is the former, but we'll just have to see. But gosh, this is getting me excited! 

the catwalk has been here the entire time, they'll just have to push it to the stage because there's a gap. the catwalk is wider than the regular catwalk we know from previous shows, slightly downhill and no lights at the end of it. dunno if it will still be downhill if it's set up properly :D

Ah I understand. Well, I said set-up, because from the TV footage it looked like the steps were missing, but apparently it's just because of the gap. 

Excited for you guys, have fun! I can't wait for the updates, even though it's 3 am here in NZ (in the future). 

• Like 1

• Like 4

@desertrose thanks for posting the pics of the new merch! I love that new tshirt with Blue on it. I totally need to get it at my next show!

• Like 3

Blue merch! :wub:

Can anyone make out what the tiny writing by the cutaway says? 

...so Rancid wont be on the same stage as Green Day? I wish they would at least mention eachother.. Hope Billie can join Rancid on Radio and Tim join Green Day on Knowledge. Hope you guys will attend the Rancid show also, look for members of Green Day 

9 minutes ago, cabot_girl said:

Hope you guys will attend the Rancid show also, look for members of Green Day 

That is difficult for those who want to be front row, because they'd have to leave. So for those people seeing Rancid is simply out of the question. Glad Rancid and Green Day are playing on the same stage at my festival (Greenfield), there they'll play right before Green Day, almost as their support band in a way...

By the way, not at all digging Broederliefde. Probably the worst act I've seen of Pink Pop (on TV) up to now. Hope y'all survive it haha...

They seem to be getting the crowd moving though, quite extraordinary. 

Anyone know if the show will be get an internet stream?

@Patrick Bateman 

I'll quote myself from earlier:

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

There probably won't be a live stream, since Warner declined broadcasting rights to the dutch TV channels twice in a row (2010 and 2013). 

This being said, I'll keep you updated. I'm checking around 5 twitter feeds, the TV broadcast and more. So, if there are any developments, I'll let you know...

If they do broadcast it, it'll be on this stream: https://www.npo.nl/live/npo-cultura 

22 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Blue merch! :wub:

Can anyone make out what the tiny writing by the cutaway says? 

Next to the guitar it says "Thanks Mom" ❤❤😭

Also dude Broederlife were amazing, better than Gavin James and Kodaline. I didn't understand a single word they were rapping but it was soooo much fun and everyone just digs them here. It's probably something different on TV and I wasn't looking forward to them, but they were so entertaining. :) I think one of them winked at me and touched his heart, and when I grinned at him he grinned back at me, so I think that was meant for me bit I don't wanna be arrogant :lol:

• Like 2

Well, they're good entertainers, that's for sure. I could definitely see that everyone liked it and most people appeared to be jumping up and down (I would have done the same after hours of no movement, because you just want to have some fun and move around). However, musically? Come on, they weren't very good. So I don't know... I guess they fulfilled their purpose of getting everybody up and jumping and they were probably entertaining. But musically, just not my cup of tea. Still, I guess once you're there you ''embrace'' the  entertainment factor and a proper warm-up...

Aw the T-shirt with Blue on it is amazing :wub: 

1 minute ago, MilleniumFan said:

Well, they're good entertainers, that's for sure and I could see that everyone liked it and was jumping up and down (I would do the same after hours of no movement and you just kind of want to have fun). However, musically, come on, they weren't very good. So I don't know, I guess they fulfilled their purpose of getting everybody up and jumping and they were probably entertaining. But, musically, just not my cup of tea. Still, I guess once your there, you ''embrace'' some entertainment and a proper warm-up...

Okay but I really do think they were really good. If I only ever saw Green Day's performance at Rock am Ring, I wouldn't like them either tbh 😂 I probably won't listen to them again because I'm not much into hip hop and I don't understand their language, but they are still a great band :)

on another note, every time a band starts playing you can just smell people everywhere lighting up, I think I'm getting a contact high 😂

12 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Next to the guitar it says "Thanks Mom" ❤❤😭

Omfg that's too cute 😍

• Like 1

I respect your opinion, but their musical abilities just didn't convince me. But you're right, it's stupid to judge a band just on one performance and a TV performance at that (which could be badly mixed for example). 

• Like 2

The puppets are back, woo!
I think they go on in about an hr and a half, right?

• Like 1

Oh my god I think you're in for a good show tonight :lol::lol::lol:

Oh god :lol: "back on a European excursion" :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

The puppets are back, woo!
I think they go on in about an hr and a half, right?

Yes, they should be on in an hour and a half

Puppet Billie harassing Jeff never gets old

• Like 1

• Like 1

is there any streaming?

or periscope