Billie Joe Interview about the election with Konbini (video)

lynny

He is so well spoken and I completely agree with what he's saying.

I got home from work and I don't even want to watch the news or any tv for that matter. I haven't turned it on because I'm so sick of all the shit that's on.

I'm really impressed with how well he's speaking about all of this. Especially considering that it can't have been easy to talk about that shit today.

You could just tell he was emotional about this, particularly around the 1.00 - 1.45 mark. I love how he handled the situation, discussing it as it is and not creating anything for the sake of publicity. Like he said in Holiday back in 2004, this is the dawning of the rest of our lives...

I think Billie Joe discussed many points in a clear, concise and precise manner, and his points are perfectly valid. It's hard to live in a world where the future is this uncertain - it's terrifying for all of us!

'Un spectacle de merde' - I will make sure to use this phrase next time I go to France :P 

He actually did really well at putting across cogent, relevant and balanced points when he's so emotionally invested in it.  You could see the emotion there, but he didn't allow it to become so great that it jeopardised his points, which was excellent.

It's interesting how little (or so it seems) the fans around him or of this band dismiss the issues with big corporate media as a whole that BJA clearly points out from AI to 21st CB.

That level of clarity and articulation would be astounding from Billie Joe on a normal day, but given how hard it's been to speak in general today, I'm amazed and impressed.

Wow. I really love the way he talks about all of this and of course I agree with him. The laugh at the beginning, I'm sure that's what most of us can do when someone asks us about how we feel about all of this. 

I absolutely love his political views. They align well with mine, but he has a different way of seeing the world that I find interesting and encouraging. He has been so spot on this election with so many issues. He has been respectful and articulate when it's easy to just go off on a tangent.

Me, my friends, and my coworkers were barely coherent today. The fact that he was able to talk about this so well today is a feat. You're making me proud, Armstrong.

While I don't 100% agree with Billie's instagram post, this he was pretty darn close to hitting the nail on the head.  The media did create this circus we are now in.  The problem is that the country is divided, which the popular vote shows.  We need to try and bring this country together.  Well done Billie, I'm proud of you!

2 hours ago, crock6000 said:

I dunno. He looked petty damn pissed, nervous and confused to me. He sort of looked exactly how I feel. You know I agree with you always but he was definitely not happy and looked exceedingly dejected.

Oh I totally agree. When I said his viewpoint is encouraging, I meant it's encouring to hear people speak so passionately and intelligently about this. So many of us were just really sad and angry yesterday but he was able to verbalize all of these scary emotions.

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

Just out of curiosity can I ask what you don't agree with? Understood if you don't care to share that.

I will be happy to pm you.  I'm on the road right now so it will have to be later.  What I will clarify is that it is not that I disagree with him but more that I think he worded it poorly.

16 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

'Un spectacle de merde' - I will make sure to use this phrase next time I go to France :P 

He actually did really well at putting across cogent, relevant and balanced points when he's so emotionally invested in it.  You could see the emotion there, but he didn't allow it to become so great that it jeopardised his points, which was excellent.

Totally. You can really see how hard this has hit him but he spoke extremely well. Made me feel sad for him watching it (along with everyone else who's feeling like him).

Archived