Still Breathing Official Music Video

Grinch

I think it's a beautiful video. It's slow paced but there's plenty of emotion at the right moments and having snippets of random people intertwined along the main theme around Billie is quite strong; while not overpowering. Kind of highlights how every single person is going through something tough at some point in their life but can eventually come out the other end of it.

Oh, and that end bit :cry:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This video is something perfect.

Seriously, I think it is fantastic. Everything has a meaning: the silence of the people, the places, the dark atmosphere. Billie Joe is alone. It's good because the song is about his life and it seems like every person appearing on the video has something to belong to him. Mike and Trè playing alone is maybe the greatest thing on the video. It feels like something lacks, but BJ is singing with them even if he's not with them. Deep emotions guys.

I didn't cry, I never cry. But this video hit me inside like no other. And maybe this is even deeper than crying.

Thank you GD.

Idk why but Billie lying on the ground just made me so emotional

I think the other storylines are perfectly put into the video. In the lyrics Billie Joe reflects his situation through the life of a soldier coming home for the first time, a child looking out on the horizon, a mother barely keeping it together and a loser betting on its last dime. I think they function separately as well as one to reflect Billie Joe's situation from different angles.

12 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I just saw the video. Wow, I'm not crazy about it but the ending, omg the ending brought tears to my eyes and I'm still crying while typing this. It's so emotional. Billie making his way to his band, to his friends, to his family. I can't stop crying, I love this band so much and I'm just so happy they're still here. 

The end of the video with Mike and Billie just made me so emotional. That was so beautiful 

I really liked it. The most interesting video since the 21stCB one.

If only Billie Joe reunited with the band for the last chorus it would be perfect.

I thought the cinematography was nice, the guys look good and the mood of the video matches the song well, but I really wished we didn't see the extra "storylines" happening.

I understand that the feeling the video tries to convey is a universal one and the concept does fit well with the lyrics but I just wanted to see more of Billie finding his way to Mike, Tre and their music. 

I just watched the video a few more times and I've picked up on some other things that are just so well done.  When the soldier goes to pick up his jacket, he moves a gun off of it.  Then he just goes for a walk in the mountains and ends up being just very peaceful.  Really touching, really well done.

I would also love to know where the scenes with the woman in white were filmed.   

It's hard to say which scene is my favourite because they are all great in their own ways, but right now I can't get enough of the part where Billie starts singing "Ooooooooh" and Mike and Tre look up and notice something. That is just so freaking perfect. P.R. Brown is my new hero!

41 minutes ago, petros said:

If only Billie Joe reunited with the band for the last chorus it would be perfect.

I like that they kind of left the end open - I mean, we all know how it went from there and I like the idea that they left some room for our own imagination.

4 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

I like that they kind of left the end open - I mean, we all know how it went from there and I like the idea that they left some room for our own imagination.

Yeah I mean we saw that he came back, they didn't have to show more.

Just watched the video without sound, which was hard because I love the song. But it was still beautiful to watch.

2 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Does anyone remember the name of the director?

P.R. Brown

I think it's awesome! They really need to release an International Supervideos Part II for the collection.

Seems like GD are a bit late to the party on this one lol - they just tweeted about the Still Breathing video being available!

Really makes you think about how close they might were to break up. Scary thought!

Well. Nice drone flying.

But seriously. I have to admit that on the first watch I found the beginning a bit boring. Nice shots though. But then the video is really going somewhere and you can feel the emotion building up. Nicely done!

I have the feeling that of the roughly 83.300 views the video has on youtube right now, 80.000 are from me. Can't stop watching it, riding the rollercoaster of emotions again and again :lol::cry:

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

It would have been nice to see Jason White in the video too 

stop

Anyway, this is a song that NEEDED a good music video, and they delivered. I was damn near gonna cry when Billie walked in to band practice. Plus that camera shot of the lonely lead-mic stand with Mike and Tre playing by themselves is A++, it so perfectly captures one of the hardest parts of Billie's addiction, which is facing your best friends knowing you were impacting them as well. Beautiful stuff. 

Archived