Still Breathing Official Music Video

Grinch

I can feel a silent loneliness in the video: PERFECT FOR STILL BREATHING. That's what I wanted.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've never really had a lot of amazing videos in the past but I really really liked this one. Very powerful, and also really well-shot

I thought about this video some more, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.  The song itself centers around overcoming adversity and they really could have gone for something sappy, but they didn't.  I think there are stages of "survival"  You may survive something, but it will take awhile to actually get truly happy again and maybe you won't get there ever.   But I think the video portrayed that.  

I also think Billiie's increased acting skills came through in this video.

Overall, very, very happy with it. 

The video is not about the plot it's about the emotions. That smile on the face of the boy, that vivacity of the old farmer playing of his dog, they found something worth living the moment. And they all set the stage (not the best way possible but still) to the most important part of the video - th Billie Joe story and his return. This video is really strong, and somehow the correlation between it and the lyrics is on level. (I'm like a son that was raised without a father)

Wow, I love the video. I literally got chills while watching it. I think it fits the song perfectly.

So emotional. It shows that Mike and Trè were there waiting for Billie Joe to find himself again, by his side. I love this band, everyday more.

Very powerful video. I love the way it is filmed. It's simple but the message it holds is really strong. No gimmicks, no weird effects. Just straight forward and honest.

One of their best videos by far, at least in my opinion.

This video is beautifully filmed.  Some of my favorite moments:

1. Focusing on Mike on the "I dodged a bullet"

2. The close up of Billie's mouth.  I find those kind of shots to be very personal and I think this video needed to be personal to be effective

3. The scene where Mike and Tre start to play and they focus on the empty mic

4. When Billie starts to sing at the very end, it shows that he is coming back. 

16 minutes ago, lorenovacaine said:

So emotional. It shows that Mike and Trè were there waiting for Billie Joe to find himself again, by his side. I love this band, everyday more.

My thoughts exactly

Wow I think the vid is great! Not affected much by all the other stories - you don't really see enough of them to get invested. The stuff with the band is great though, and the scenery shots. Some beautiful cinematography. I've only watched once...might get even better after a few replays!

Wow. Just beautiful. Didn't expect such a thing at all. :shy: You know the last few years there wasn't a video I would really like that much. But these two videos for this record are cool. Now I can say I'm looking forward to see what's the next one. 

Oh my God I love this video. I love the dark atmosphere, it's so full of emotions already. I love that the main plot is about the guys, but that they show the other stories as well. It symbolizes that so many people in so many different phases of life can relate to this song. I could almost see myself walking around there.

I love the shots of the boys. Especially when Tré looks so sad - it's killing me when Tré looks sad :cry: And Billie lying on the floor to the line "Are you scared to death to live?" - they really try to kill me. And when Mike and Tré start playing together without Billie I started crying. Their faces are so full of pain. That scene shows perfectly what was at stake. And that we could have lost them, easily.

I'm a mess, and the video is a work of art :lol: One of their best without a doubt.

8 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Wow I think the vid is great! Not affected much by all the other stories - you don't really see enough of them to get invested. The stuff with the band is great though, and the scenery shots. Some beautiful cinematography. I've only watched once...might get even better after a few replays!

I feel like the other stories are complementary and help to feel the main one and the atmosphere better! That's why they are not overloaded with details and stuff. 

Fuck fuck fuck. Okay. I'm trying not to cry right now. The end of the video really fucked me up. 

I really, really loved it. I'm a bit confused by all the filler frames, like the ducks and the forest, etc. I don't completely understand every person's story. In fact I only understood Mike and Tré's, Billie's and the farmer who rips up his playing cards, which is definitely a symbol for overcoming addiction. Seeing Billie lying in the middle of the street, tired and careless made me so, so sad. :(

Billie, Mike and Tré's storyline really made this video excellent in my eyes. Them sitting around by themselves, sullen... getting up and playing by themselves, the lonely guitar in the corner, untouched... Billie slowly making his way back. Mike's hopeful, surprised look towards the door, Billie standing there in the light, leaning on the door frame, finally having made his way back to them:cry::cry: Bravo. It fits the song perfectly.

First off major props to the band for acting and not just playing the song! Always good, and they did a really a good job here.

Good video, really gets the emotion across and it's beautifully shot, and the ending :wub:. I think it would've been even better if it was simpler and just focused on the band though. The other people in it do make sense but they're not particularly necessary especially in that amount. Still a great video though, can't think of another GD one like it really (I guess BOBD could be seen as similar but this seems like it's on a higher level).

Archived