Still Breathing Official Music Video

Grinch

13 hours ago, dirnt286 said:

The video feels like a complication of stock video clips.

And what is the Foamf video?🤔

I love the Still Breathing video so much because it really tells a story. Not only Billie's / Green Day's story of losing and finding himself again, but also of other people struggling with issues. I always prefer music videos that tell stories over videos where the band just plays, mixed with some random scenes. That's what makes the Still Breathing and Back in the USA videos so brilliant for me, but I guess it's just a question of personal taste :)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

And what is the Foamf video?🤔

I love the Still Breathing video so much because it really tells a story. Not only Billie's / Green Day's story of losing and finding himself again, but also of other people struggling with issues. I always prefer music videos that tell stories over videos where the band just plays, mixed with some random scenes. That's what makes the Still Breathing and Back in the USA videos so brilliant for me, but I guess it's just a question of personal taste :)

I love it too, the Green Day bits are dramatic. I just wish there was a bit more of them and fewer of the other bits (though I understand the universal message they were going for and why they did it). My favorite parts are Mike and Tre sitting next to an empty chair and waiting for Billie to come back. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love it too, the Green Day bits are dramatic. I just wish there was a bit more of them and fewer of the other bits (though I understand the universal message they were going for and why they did it). My favorite parts are Mike and Tre sitting next to an empty chair and waiting for Billie to come back. 

Yeah, it's heartbreaking. Or the scene where Mike and Tré start playing and we can see the empty mic... 😭 You can just tell that they're not acting in this moment, the emotions are real. The video will probably always be my favourite, but it's really hard to watch at the same time. It always reminds me that we can be so happy and grateful that those three guys are still out there making music, starting a world tour soon. We could have lost them. But luckily, a light shone into the wreckage🙏

The band bits are really good and powerful, but quite a few of the other parts are kind of tacky and I could do without them, even though the video fits the song, both with the storytelling and the tackiness. :P What I really like about the Green Day bits is how they tell a story, but in a way that not obvious. We're like :cry: :cry: :cry: at it, but someone who doesn't care about the band as much as we do sees just a cool video.

Archived