Still Breathing Official Music Video

Grinch

I hope it has lots of and lots dialogue that interrupt the song at inopportune times like "Jesus of Suburbia", "September Ends" and "Working Class Hero."   

I wish I could remember everyone who complained about those videos, but @Hermione is the only one I can remember.   Haha.   I absolutely LOVED the "Jesus" clip.  It's one of the few music videos I purchased on iTunes because it was so great.  It does kind of confuse the plot of American Idiot with that girl and all, but whatever.  It's amazing.   

And "September Ends", oh my it was astounding!  The sparks raining down on a four-piece Green Day - one my all time favorite Green Day moments!  

Mike Dirnt playing with ducks at the crescendo!   

I wonder if there will be any performance footage....

I wonder if there will be any of the green slime from the "American Idiot" video. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the video will tell a story instead of just showing random shots, it definitely looks like it already. We've only seen a couple of people recurring in the video. It reminds me of MCR's "Cancer" a little bit.

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

I think she looks older than that now & do you think the lady in white is suppose to depict Britt? 

I didn't get the lady in white as Britt, but I guess it could be.  

OK I love the video.  There are a few things I didn't quite get, like the cowboy and who Judi Dench person was supposed to be, but I love the fact that the band was playing without Billie and he finally found his way to them.  Overall, I really love the video.

I'm excited, I think this song has teh potential to be big  

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I didn't get the lady in white as Britt, but I guess it could be.  

OK I love the video.  There are a few things I didn't quite get, like the cowboy and who Judi Dench person was supposed to be, but I love the fact that the band was playing without Billie and he finally found his way to them.  Overall, I really love the video.

I'm excited, I think this song has teh potential to be big  

I think we are in the minority - I liked it as well. 

14 minutes ago, basketcase4933 said:

apparently the video is already up on MTV

http://www.mtvla.com/mx/green-day-0/videos/still-breathing

Restricted for me. 

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I think we are in the minority - I liked it as well. 

Restricted for me. 

So you haven't seen the whole video???

I wasn't thrilled with the clip either, but the whole video makes much more sense.  I thought it was really good.

6 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

So you haven't seen the whole video???

I wasn't thrilled with the clip either, but the whole video makes much more sense.  I thought it was really good.

No it's not letting me.

I just saw the video. Wow, I'm not crazy about it but the ending, omg the ending brought tears to my eyes and I'm still crying while typing this. It's so emotional. Billie making his way to his band, to his friends, to his family. I can't stop crying, I love this band so much and I'm just so happy they're still here. 

Kinda a weird video. i will admit i got a little choked up at the end of the video when Billie finds the band. 

I'm going to try to withold my opinion until I see the whole video. 

not the worst not the best, I would have preferred if it just focused on the band cause I loved that part of it. the ending choked me up. <3 GD 

Oooh,  that's good.  I like the nod to BOBD at the beginning and Billie making his way back to the band hit me right in the feels.

This video looks like it's gonna be sick.  I like how one poster, not one ya hang on a wall, but someone who posted in this thread,  said it had a Good Riddance, BOBD vibe to it.  I hate previews, once again, it's like tickling my ass with a feather.  I won't get the full eruption until I see the whole video.  Then I'll let you all know how much Kleenex I needed to clean up.

Oh, silly me, the whole video is in this thread.  Just watched it and it will win an award at the VMA's.   It's just how they roll.  I think I'm gay for Billie.  You can't spell Billie without Bi.  Peace and love.  

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

This has to be their worst music video ever. It's so all over the place and extremely boring. What's up with all the close ups of crap that has with nothing to do with anything?

Your opinion is wrong.  No offense.  Peace and love.

Omg. I just watched it...

I didn't think they were going to make a video worse than Oh Love's.

It's horrible. Sorry. It's completely horrible.

6 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

This has to be their worst music video ever. It's so all over the place and extremely boring. What's up with all the close ups of crap that has with nothing to do with anything?

I wouldnt say its their worst but yeah, I agree. Besides the part where Billie meets up with the band is great

Just now, Jake69 said:

Which is only the last 3 seconds of the music video. :lol:

True  but still, I give credit where its due :P

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Which is only the last 3 seconds of the music video. :lol:

The song isn't ONLY about Willie Joe.  Soldier puts his rifle away - maybe the dude wanted to kill himself.   The woman walking away from the ocean - maybe she didn't  want to drown herself.  Jake69, I'm calling you out here.  How would you have made the video?  You must have some knowledge on videos since you were so quick to put this video down as one of their worst.  Delve into your imagination and give us a synopsis of how YOU would have liked the video to have been.  Peace and love.

No offense taken.  Just figured you would articulate on what you would have liked to have seen.  Guess you won't, or can't, do that which is fine.  We're still breathing.  Muah, I just wanna kiss you. 

Archived