MTV The Ride: Green Day

manuelps

1 hour ago, Stewe said:

Did they talk about every era or they missed some? 

It was sort of in a timeline format, I missed the pre-Dookie stuff but off the top of my head they had sections called Dookie, Insomniac (possibly???), Time Of Your Life (-_-), American Idiot, Broadway Idiot, Breakdown, Trilogy (possibly??), HOF and Revolution Radio. They mentioned Warning only in passing which was annoying :lol: 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

It was sort of in a timeline format, I missed the pre-Dookie stuff but off the top of my head they had sections called Dookie, Insomniac (possibly???), Time Of Your Life (-_-), American Idiot, Broadway Idiot, Breakdown, Trilogy (possibly??), HOF and Revolution Radio. They mentioned Warning only in passing which was annoying :lol: 

Thanks, its understandable that they didn't mentioned their Low points.

I can't wait to watch it this sunday 

Green Day: The Ride | Episode Highlights

Three childhood friends who rose from the punk underground into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, The Ride explores the moments that defined Green Day's career and made them who they are today. Watch highlights here...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/the-ride/videos/green-day-the-ride-episode-highlights

5 hours ago, Jenn. said:

This was on MTV (in the UK) last night at 11pm, and then on MTV Rocks at midnight. I caught most of the 11pm showing, thought it was alright. Nice clips of the guys making comments, and a few bits of concert and interview footage. I'm really particular though and hated when they showed clips that weren't from the era they were talking about, ie BIAB footage during the trilogy section and Cuatro documentary footage whilst talking about recording RevRad :lol: 

I noticed the same thing about the clips being from the wrong era, I thought I was crazy. It's so annoying.

58 minutes ago, Shahd said:

I noticed the same thing about the clips being from the wrong era, I thought I was crazy. It's so annoying.

It's happened the same two years ago for Linkin Park  

At least they seems to got the dates right ,  in the  linkin park documentary they said Hybrid Theory was released in 2002 

1 minute ago, Stewe said:

It's happened the same two years ago for Linkin Park  

At least they seems to got the dates right ,  in the  linkin park documentary they said Hybrid Theory was released in 2002 

That's messed up, they need to do simple research before airing something =/

Maybe they should hire one of us lol

24 minutes ago, Shahd said:

yeah they could have at least asked :lol:

anyway, has anybody recorded it?

26 minutes ago, Shahd said:

Your first sentence sums up mainstream journalism in the USA.

38 minutes ago, tresexy101 said:

Your first sentence sums up mainstream journalism in the USA.

*everywhere 

23 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Omg really? What channel?

Oops sorry! I know I'm late, but it was MTV ;)

22 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Oh yeah!! Thanks for the reminder :D

No problem!

I saw this last night and I enjoyed it! It was nice that it had a good bit of footage pre-Dookie (omg their haircuts :)!!) and also a bit on the Trilogy. I would've liked to have seen more Nimrod (although there was a whole section on Good Riddance), Warning and 21CB though! Like others have mentioned before, I was wondering why they were showing clips from different eras when they weren't from the era they were discussing. Tré was absolutely hilarious as well!!

For those that have seen this what is the difference between in it and like behind the music or driven? Not much? I'm still probably going to watch it whenever I can though.

It's ok, don't think we learnt much and it was annoying that the footage didn't match the right era they were talking about but I enjoyed it, some nice bits with the boys but I do like to see the together rather than individually.  Mike and Tre are obviously protective of Billie, they seem so close, it's really good to see.

Watched it yesterday. It were a lot of clips from bullet in a bible & mtv live. I prefer VH1 Driven. 

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Watched it yesterday. It were a lot of clips from bullet in a bible & mtv live. I prefer VH1 Driven. 

I've never seen  vh1 driven.

Where I can find it?

14 minutes ago, Stewe said:

I've never seen  vh1 driven.

Where I can find it?

It's in the download section on the forum or youtbe. :)

12 minutes ago, djrossstar said:

How come GD shows from 1989 are online but not this?!

There are gd shows from 89?

I don't know if it was said but I found annoying the fact that the 21stCB era was kind of skipped. IMO is the greatest part of GD career (too bad I didn't know the band already).

Trè talking about the thing of the holes in the ground was amazing. :lol:

I find it to be a pretty good documentary :) Maybe not so for us die-hard fans, but I think it's a great way to introduce them to the newer people :)

Archived