Still Breathing Music Video In The Works

2 hours ago, JRod said:

Why does the picture they used in that ad give me the feeling that the video is gonna be about like a surfer that gets attacked by a shark or something and then has to "overcome the challenges" or whatever, like i guess that could potentially be a nice video, but it also has equal potential for being extremely cheesy...i'm hoping for something a little more personal that pertains to the subject of the song, some kind of thing about Billie (not some random actor) beating his addictions. But hey, who knows right?

I hope it's something as awesome as that and not just the band playing with that scenery in the background :lol: 

Although considering I don't know anything about it except for a photo that looks good and all the other videos/lyric videos for this album have been good so far maybe I should stop making negative posts about this video :P 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stories and songs said:

@Hermione Most GD vids are just meh to me, but this song is special and deserves much better than meh!

Same, but yeah can't help hoping for greatness for this song (and anything off this album really)

I keep telling you guys.  It's going to be Green Day aboard a sinking ship.   It appears as though they die in a terrible storm but then we see them performing on an island somewhere and what a coincidence.....they're still breathing!   

They're still breathing on their own! Their head's above the rain and roses 

making the video 

the video for you 

The still is very high quality and a rather mature level of cinematography I'm having trouble matching to a GD music video (looks more like for an indie band lol) so it will be interesting to see. But it also reminds me of the background images you get on the Windows 10 start up.

6 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

I keep telling you guys.  It's going to be Green Day aboard a sinking ship.   It appears as though they die in a terrible storm but then we see them performing on an island somewhere and what a coincidence.....they're still breathing!   

making the video 

the video for you 

I've read your post about your idea for the video being a sequel to Bang Bang with the bank robbers on a sinking ship. And seriously, when I saw that image of water and a rock it made me think for a second you got to talk to the director of the video.

Anyway, we might see Billie or the band in a small boat floating in the ocean, along with a lot more beautiful images. Can't wait!

16 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I've read your post about your idea for the video being a sequel to Bang Bang with the bank robbers on a sinking ship. And seriously, when I saw that image of water and a rock it made me think for a second you got to talk to the director of the video.

Anyway, we might see Billie or the band in a small boat floating in the ocean, along with a lot more beautiful images. Can't wait!

I'm still floating 

I'm still floating on my own 

Oh dear, I can't help it.

Oh I'm still studying,

I'm still studying on my own.

My day is long, my school is boring,

I want to run away...

Away from here.:lol:

(waiting for the video too much)

10 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

making the video 

the video for you 

That would be great actually! :o Because the storm and the sinking ship are the perfect embodiment for the bad times they've been through. RevRad was released 4 weeks ago today... would be nice if we got it today! But probably not...

I honestly haven't been really impressed with a Green Day video since JoS came out in like 2004 or 5.

21 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

I honestly haven't been really impressed with a Green Day video since JoS came out in like 2004 or 5.

You know, if I really think about it, I'd have to agree. 21 Guns is the only one I can think that genuinely interested me but it's one of my least favorite songs so I tend to ignore it.

I was thinking yesterday that I would like it to start with the image that a boy would get looking to the horizon. The song goes very well with the ocean, it kind of has that feel imo. I'm glad it's going to feature it. Now if they avoid a cheese story but the video can still make me cry, that's all I can expect. 

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

I hope it's something as awesome as that and not just the band playing with that scenery in the background :lol: 

Although considering I don't know anything about it except for a photo that looks good and all the other videos/lyric videos for this album have been good so far maybe I should stop making negative posts about this video :P 

I hope it's not just that too. I can't get that excited about the still. But yes, I should also stop wondering considering that all the lyric videos were great and we've only seen one still from this :lol: 

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

making the video 

the video for you 

So basically it would just be a sequel to the Simpsons movie 

Just now, PullingTeeth said:

So basically it would just be a sequel to the Simpsons movie 

I was writing that it reminded me of The Simpsons movie the same moment you write your comment.

I hope it's not!

http://news.mtv.it/musica/green-day-scopri-video-still-breathing-in-esclusiva-mtv/

Green Day have chosen MTV to celebrate their return. The video of the new single "Still Breathing" will be exclusive on MTV Monday, November 7th from 12.00 on Snapchat Discover channel MTV, on our website and on that of the MTV EMA 2016. The good news is not over. Waiting to go on stage in Rotterdam, Saturday 5 November at 20:30 Green Day will make a Facebook Live on their page to make all along the countdown to their performance at the MTV EMA. If you just can not wait to see "Still Breathing" you can get a taste during the red carpet of the MTV EMA show that will air Sunday, November 6th starting at 20:00

59 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

http://news.mtv.it/musica/green-day-scopri-video-still-breathing-in-esclusiva-mtv/

Green Day have chosen MTV to celebrate their return. The video of the new single "Still Breathing" will be exclusive on MTV Monday, November 7th from 12.00 on Snapchat Discover channel MTV, on our website and on that of the MTV EMA 2016. The good news is not over. Waiting to go on stage in Rotterdam, Saturday 5 November at 20:30 Green Day will make a Facebook Live on their page to make all along the countdown to their performance at the MTV EMA. If you just can not wait to see "Still Breathing" you can get a taste during the red carpet of the MTV EMA show that will air Sunday, November 6th starting at 20:00

Wait, but this is just for us in Italy...

The time will be different for other countries.

3 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Wait, but this is just for us in Italy...

The time will be different for other countries.

Yeah but I am sure someone will rip the video off and put it somewhere on the internet. 

1 hour ago, WorryRock02 said:

Waiting to go on stage in Rotterdam, Saturday 5 November at 20:30 Green Day will make a Facebook Live on their page to make all along the countdown to their performance at the MTV EMA.

I thought I'd be most excited about the music video, but nothing tops their Facebook Live videos.

MONDAY, woo! :wub:

Archived