Was the Revolution Radio album art plagiarized?

Doggins

Luke from Violent Soho (Australian band) posted this on Insta. He's not complaining, but it sure is interesting

Doubt it. It's really not the most original or creative idea, a radio on fire for a band who make "rebellious" music is an idea that I'm sure has come to many people completely separately from each other over the years. Imo it's likely to be nothing but a coincidence.

Yeah, back in ~2008 i had a shirt from Jay Jays that had a picture of a radio on fire. Definitely been done before Violent Soho

I already posted this - twice😬

What's more interesting is that he posts it today - maybe it's a sign😎

46 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I already posted this - twice😬

What's more interesting is that he posts it today - maybe it's a sign😎

Why, what's today?

11 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Why, what's today?

No I mean it's been out for awhile & we have been discussing whether this band will be GD's support in Australia 

2 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

No I mean it's been out for awhile & we have been discussing whether this band will be GD's support in Australia 

Ooooh okay :) 

Maybe it will be 5 Seconds of Summer though, aren't they kinda tight with the band and from Australia? :D 

34 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Ooooh okay :) 

Maybe it will be 5 Seconds of Summer though, aren't they kinda tight with the band and from Australia? :D 

There would be riots if 5sos opened

I'd love to see either 5sos open or Violent soho, but it doesn't bother me because I've seen 5sos before, and I'm seeing Violent Soho next Friday :dance:

It looks hella similar. The band had a similar issue on the 21CB tour, where some of the stage art was stolen. I can't find the article though. 

50 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

1 hour ago, House Of Wolves said:

It looks hella similar. The band had a similar issue on the 21CB tour, where some of the stage art was stolen. I can't find the article though. 

Freaky... I was just talking about this half an hour ago at lunch! 

I don't think it's a very original concept to begin with, so I don't think the idea was lifted from this band.

Like the others said, I feel like it's purely coincidental. Never thought RevRad's album art was too fabulously original to begin with. :P 

When 21st Century Breakdown came out I can remember people saying the cover art was  too similar to Blur's album Think Tank. It's a just a close couple, again not a very original idea for an image, but definitely not plagerised.

Think_tank_album_cover.jpg

8 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

I hope not

10 hours ago, Doggins said:

If you look at them side by side I'm sure it's even the same Sanyo model

Doesn't look like the same model to me.  Also, as mentioned before, they may be the same concept but the revrad version is miles better, for a start the flames actually look real.  

15 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Doesn't look like the same model to me.  Also, as mentioned before, they may be the same concept but the revrad version is miles better, for a start the flames actually look real.  

That is because they are real.  Someone on here, I don't remember who, asked if it was a real burning radio and was told yes. He was told they burned one as a test, to get the lighting and then another for tha actual shoot

11 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

That is because they are real.  Someone on here, I don't remember who, asked if it was a real burning radio and was told yes. He was told they burned one as a test, to get the lighting and then another for tha actual shoot

Oh yeah, I knew that (sorry I wasn't very clear).  It was more a comment on how clearly fake the non-GD one is.  I thought it was really cool the way they did it though, you get the feeling that it's real that you can't get even from the best fake flames.  Now that's proper art.

Archived