Jump to content
Joe K

Green Day European Dates - Summer 2017

Recommended Posts

Digoco
19 hours ago, sara_gd said:

I honestly don't think Resurrection fest will be able to bring someone as big as Green Day, I'd be very very very surprised if this happened. The crowd that goes there has nothing to do with most Green Day fans and every year they bring more metal bands than punk bands anyway. Just the thought of having Green Day come to Resurrection has me thinking on my every-social-network timeline shitting on the festival. They'd make some good money for sure, but I think they'd lose too many festival goers from previous years (and future years) to do so. Of course I'd love them to do so, I could care less about what all my friends say if I could see Green Day in my own place, but very unlikely imo. I don't think Rancid ever played this festival btw.

I suspect that Mad Cool are going to announce Pearl Jam next week, because of some of their Facebook comments and because the line of the festival last year has to do more with Pearl Jam than with Green Day. Maybe I'm taking festival "atmosphere" too seriously here, but Idk, I think it's important. Nobody wants to let go previous years festival enthusiasts, and if they give Pearl Jam those people can be happy enough for when they announce Green Day. But yeah, I see Mad Cool announcing it. Also I was lurking through forums and I found that some important Admin in a forum said that they were announcing Green Day that day but then it got posponed. http://festivalers.foroactivo.com/t60p25-mad-cool-festival-2017-exclusivas-rumores-el-inicio-de-una-guerra Where did you see that they're announcing something this week? I had hopes because they've been saying they're announcing something "very soon!" for ages now, but I didn't see it was going to be this week :D

Yeah I haven't seen anything strong for neither BBK or NOS Alive. If Mad Cool is happening BBK isn't, and Mad Cool makes much more sense, but NOS Alive could happen because it's on the same weekend, so they could play NOS on the Thursday and Madrid on the Saturday, for example. Or they could just skip Portugal altogether, of course that's always an option. But I see the chance there... they could technically do it so....

I think this is totally what it's going to be.

Here's the forum where I see everything:

http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t54579p875-mad-cool-festival-2017-6-7-8-julio

And now they're sayin that is possible Mad Cool's headliners to be GD and Foo Fighters, that would be really epic!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slash

It seems GD, Linkin Park and SOAD are headlining most of the Summer festivals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manuelps
19 hours ago, sara_gd said:

 

Yeah I haven't seen anything strong for neither BBK or NOS Alive. If Mad Cool is happening BBK isn't, and Mad Cool makes much more sense, but NOS Alive could happen because it's on the same weekend, so they could play NOS on the Thursday and Madrid on the Saturday, for example. Or they could just skip Portugal altogether, of course that's always an option. But I see the chance there... they could technically do it so....

I think this is totally what it's going to be.

My little heart is destroyed right now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd
1 hour ago, manuelps said:

My little heart is destroyed right now :(

 Why??? :( Oh sorry I didn't see that you put a part in bold. Well they skipped both Spain and Portugal for most of their tours anyway... Is there any other festival they could go to beside Optimus? It's right on schedule that they play Optimus if they play Mad Cool, but if the festival won't take them not to repeat two 2013 headliners, then....

2 hours ago, Digoco said:

Here's the forum where I see everything:

http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t54579p875-mad-cool-festival-2017-6-7-8-julio

And now they're sayin that is possible Mad Cool's headliners to be GD and Foo Fighters, that would be really epic!!

This is what I meant: "Pasar de Nel Young/Who a Green Day con sus bazocas lanza camisetas es fango.
Vienen a presentar su cutre película? Estaría bien que hicieran un Suede y asi no tenemos que tragarnos sus payasadas" :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Signe

A little worried that they might not do as many solo shows as I had hoped, or maybe it's still to come.. what do you guys think? :ermm: Is the italian date with rancid a solo concert or a festival? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manuelps
4 hours ago, sara_gd said:

 Why??? :( Oh sorry I didn't see that you put a part in bold. Well they skipped both Spain and Portugal for most of their tours anyway... Is there any other festival they could go to beside Optimus? It's right on schedule that they play Optimus if they play Mad Cool, but if the festival won't take them not to repeat two 2013 headliners, then....

This is what I meant: "Pasar de Nel Young/Who a Green Day con sus bazocas lanza camisetas es fango.
Vienen a presentar su cutre película? Estaría bien que hicieran un Suede y asi no tenemos que tragarnos sus payasadas" :rolleyes:

There is! There's Super Bock Super Rock, they only have one headliner so far, RHCP. I'm hopeful!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd

Me: "Lots of European festivals have announced Green Day already, how much more patience I have to have, Mad Cool Festival?"

Mad Cool Festival: "Just a little bit more, Sara! :)" 

I'm all for not getting my hopes up but I think it's pretty safe to say that this is happening :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lorenovacaine

I'll go to the italian gig in June, in Monza. I've been there, I saw another italian singer and the location is AMAZING and it's a really big place to perform in. I suppose there won't be less than 50.000 people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Digoco
6 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Me: "Lots of European festivals have announced Green Day already, how much more patience I have to have, Mad Cool Festival?"

Mad Cool Festival: "Just a little bit more, Sara! :)" 

I'm all for not getting my hopes up but I think it's pretty safe to say that this is happening :D

There's a press conference on Thursday with their first announces... and is safe to say that FF are doing Mad Cool. Hope they also announce Green Day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd
3 minutes ago, Digoco said:

There's a press conference on Thursday with their first announces... and is safe to say that FF are doing Mad Cool. Hope they also announce Green Day.

Yeah I've just seen their new photo... This article says that they'll present their first "nameS" so hopefully! :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stewe

Im just brought a Golden circle ticket for Idays.

It will be my first time in the pit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stick
On 5-11-2016 at 3:11 PM, sara_gd said:

Pinkpop June 4th! It's on Green Day's website but the festival doesn't even have a website yet...? 

http://www.pinkpop.nl/2017/

 

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pucky
On 6/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, sara_gd said:

 Why??? :( Oh sorry I didn't see that you put a part in bold. Well they skipped both Spain and Portugal for most of their tours anyway... Is there any other festival they could go to beside Optimus? It's right on schedule that they play Optimus if they play Mad Cool, but if the festival won't take them not to repeat two 2013 headliners, then....

This is what I meant: "Pasar de Nel Young/Who a Green Day con sus bazocas lanza camisetas es fango.
Vienen a presentar su cutre película? Estaría bien que hicieran un Suede y asi no tenemos que tragarnos sus payasadas" :rolleyes:

 

I also read/write on that forum and that's where I usually get the rumours/leaks confirmations every year for festivals announcements. 

You have to understand that most of the people on that forum are older than here (between thirty-something to fifty), they have a more deep musical taste and lean towards classic/hard/underground rock, so it is logical that they don't like Green Day too much because they were too old to connect with them. It will happen to all of us in the future. 

And, to be fair, they are right about Green Day putting too much filler on their concerts. I love them, but the shows would be 200% better if they reduced to the minimum the amount of "eeos", the "getting kids to the stage to play", the "getting a 3-minute song and stretching it to 6 by over-repeating parts"...

 

Anyway, Foo Fighters are confirmed for Mad Cool. I would find it really impressive if they would also have Green Day, but the rumours seem to indicate that. Besides, it is the most plausible scenario: Mad Cool Festival has a huge budget and Green Day hasn't played on Madrid since 2009. Moreover, it is really unlikely that Nos or BBK announce Green Day because that would be repeating 2/3 of their 2013's lineup.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd
4 hours ago, Stick said:

Yayyy! :D tickets are not available until March, is that right? 

3 hours ago, pucky said:

 

I also read/write on that forum and that's where I usually get the rumours/leaks confirmations every year for festivals announcements. 

You have to understand that most of the people on that forum are older than here (between thirty-something to fifty), they have a more deep musical taste and lean towards classic/hard/underground rock, so it is logical that they don't like Green Day too much because they were too old to connect with them. It will happen to all of us in the future. 

And, to be fair, they are right about Green Day putting too much filler on their concerts. I love them, but the shows would be 200% better if they reduced to the minimum the amount of "eeos", the "getting kids to the stage to play", the "getting a 3-minute song and stretching it to 6 by over-repeating parts"...

 

Anyway, Foo Fighters are confirmed for Mad Cool. I would find it really impressive if they would also have Green Day, but the rumours seem to indicate that. Besides, it is the most plausible scenario: Mad Cool Festival has a huge budget and Green Day hasn't played on Madrid since 2009. Moreover, it is really unlikely that Nos or BBK announce Green Day because that would be repeating 2/3 of their 2013's lineup.

 

What??? Sorry but I completely disagree. I get that you're 50 and you're more into music that was popular when you were young than into Green Day (especially because they weren't really popular here until American Idiot). No offense to classic rock whatsover, I'm not saying that only old people listen to classic rock at all. But they're too old to connect with GD what the actual fuck.  There's lots of people that are 50 and love Green Day, on this forum even! Of course it will not happen to all of us eventually. This is such a Spanish thing to say tbh. "A more deep musical taste" give me a break.

About the "filler" parts, that's your opinion, don't say it like it's a universal truth. I personally love the messing around, KFAD is one of my favourite parts, etc. I'd much rather have then doing that than playing straight forward with little crowd interaction. You don't, OK! 

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this thread into a rant/ fight, but these things... I just can't take them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider

GDs income stream is going to be huge in 2017:) Congrats to the guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Strychnine.
1 hour ago, sara_gd said:

About the "filler" parts, that's your opinion, don't say it like it's a universal truth. I personally love the messing around, KFAD is one of my favourite parts, etc. I'd much rather have then doing that than playing straight forward with little crowd interaction. You don't, OK! 

I love the crowd interaction stuff so much! It's what separates Green Day from the good live bands and makes them a fucking amazing live band.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pucky
9 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Yayyy! :D tickets are not available until March, is that right? 

What??? Sorry but I completely disagree. I get that you're 50 and you're more into music that was popular when you were young than into Green Day (especially because they weren't really popular here until American Idiot). No offense to classic rock whatsover, I'm not saying that only old people listen to classic rock at all. But they're too old to connect with GD what the actual fuck.  There's lots of people that are 50 and love Green Day, on this forum even! Of course it will not happen to all of us eventually. This is such a Spanish thing to say tbh. "A more deep musical taste" give me a break.

About the "filler" parts, that's your opinion, don't say it like it's a universal truth. I personally love the messing around, KFAD is one of my favourite parts, etc. I'd much rather have then doing that than playing straight forward with little crowd interaction. You don't, OK! 

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this thread into a rant/ fight, but these things... I just can't take them.

Of course it happens to all of us. And I am not talking about getting older and stop listening to GD, I am talking about getting older and stop connecting with younger people's music. Remember my words when you are 45 and get your children listening to whatever they like in the future and thinking "I don't understand how can they be so in love with music like this". You may enjoy your children's music to some extent, but you will prefer by far the music you grow up with, the music that shaped you the way you are. 

And yes, I also like the filler parts, but it is not too difficult to understand that they do way to much of it. One thing is putting some "eos" here and there, a couple of speeches to connect with the public, and another thing is taking a 2 hour show and turning into 2 hours and 45 minutes just because of the filler. If they reduced that fooling around they could include like 8 more songs into their setlists (most of Green Day songs are pretty short), meaning a much more varied show with a lot of more songs but being on stage the same amount of time. And I am not talking about eliminating completely those parts. There is always a half-way point, and there's a difference between not having crowd interaction and forgetting that they are doing a concert,  not a monologue.  

Sorry if you can't take "these things". I can't take people who get so offended and take it so personally with other people's points of views and here I am. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mary711
13 hours ago, Stick said:

Are they doing day passes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mary711

@Kaddi. Would you consider any more of the summer shows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaddi.
50 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

@Kaddi. Would you consider any more of the summer shows?

What other shows are you thinking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd
6 hours ago, pucky said:

Of course it happens to all of us. And I am not talking about getting older and stop listening to GD, I am talking about getting older and stop connecting with younger people's music. Remember my words when you are 45 and get your children listening to whatever they like in the future and thinking "I don't understand how can they be so in love with music like this". You may enjoy your children's music to some extent, but you will prefer by far the music you grow up with, the music that shaped you the way you are. 

And yes, I also like the filler parts, but it is not too difficult to understand that they do way to much of it. One thing is putting some "eos" here and there, a couple of speeches to connect with the public, and another thing is taking a 2 hour show and turning into 2 hours and 45 minutes just because of the filler. If they reduced that fooling around they could include like 8 more songs into their setlists (most of Green Day songs are pretty short), meaning a much more varied show with a lot of more songs but being on stage the same amount of time. And I am not talking about eliminating completely those parts. There is always a half-way point, and there's a difference between not having crowd interaction and forgetting that they are doing a concert,  not a monologue.  

Sorry if you can't take "these things". I can't take people who get so offended and take it so personally with other people's points of views and here I am. ;)

I can't take the idea that Green Day is meant to be for young people and that people in that forum have a deeper musical taste. That's what I get all the time: "oh yeah Green Day, that band that I listened to when I was 13" and now the person believes that he/she is somehow better than that. So Green Day is immediately devaluated. I am sorry if I am taking it personally but for me it's personal. As if you couldn't listen to Green Day when you're 50 as so many "old" fans prove every day. Some of them didn't even get into Green Day until American Idiot. I can agree to some extent that many people aren't passionate about new music, but that doesn't happen to everyone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Digoco

Yesssss

Cw5g-QWXcAAMCgx.jpg:large

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sara_gd

Can some mod make threads for these shows that have no thread pleeease????? @Second favourite son

  • June 4th: Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf (Netherlands)
  • June 11th: Download Festival, Paris (France)
  • June 15th: I-Days Festival, Monza (Italy)
  • June 17th: Nova Rock Festival, near Vienna (Austria)
  • July 6th/7th/8th: Mad Cool Festival, Madrid (Spain)

(We also have these 3 that already have a thread):

  • June 23rd: Hurricane Festival, Eichenring [near Bremen and Hamburg] (Germany)
  • June 24th: Southside Festival, Neuhausen ob Eck [middle of nowhere in the South] (Germany)
  • July 1st: Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, London (England)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Second favourite son
1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

Can some mod make threads for these shows that have no thread pleeease????? @Second favourite son

  • June 4th: Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf (Netherlands)
  • June 11th: Download Festival, Paris (France)
  • June 15th: I-Days Festival, Monza (Italy)
  • June 17th: Nova Rock Festival, near Vienna (Austria)
  • July 6th/7th/8th: Mad Cool Festival, Madrid (Spain)

(We also have these 3 that already have a thread):

  • June 23rd: Hurricane Festival, Eichenring [near Bremen and Hamburg] (Germany)
  • June 24th: Southside Festival, Neuhausen ob Eck [middle of nowhere in the South] (Germany)
  • July 1st: Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, London (England)

On it :)  Will do all except Mad Cool since we're waiting for an exact date on that.  Thanks for letting me know!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mary711
On 8.11.2016 at 2:34 PM, Kaddi. said:

What other shows are you thinking about?

Not sure yet. :) Most likely only ones that are doing day passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×