Joe K

Green Day European Dates - Summer 2017

Dirty Rotten Bastard
1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

I know a girl from Spain who has a pit ticket and may not go, so I suppose I can get it for a decent price if I manage to sell my seat (there's still seats available and I payed fucking 20€ to get it delivered -_-")

I've said before that there's the rumour that they'll play MadCool Festival in Madrid (July 6-8). Well, they're announcing someone soon and I've just played the classic "can you tell us what colour the announcement is going to be?" :P They replied "jejeje :)" WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??? Maybe they didn't get it and they're laughing thinking I'm stupid. OR MAYBE IT MEANS HEY I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. -_-

If they go to Spain I will be there

sara_gd
Just now, Dirty Rotten Bastard said:

If they go to Spain I will be there

I will have to come back from Ireland but fucking sure I'll be there. Should I reply? Could I get some info from this person? xD

Thatsername
4 minutes ago, Slash said:

Which shows are you going in Jan? 

Mannheim and Cologne! :D

• Like 1

Dirty Rotten Bastard
1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

I will have to come back from Ireland but fucking sure I'll be there. Should I reply? Could I get some info from this person? xD

try it lol

sara_gd
Just now, Dirty Rotten Bastard said:

try it lol

I don't know what to say.

"Jejeje :)" xD

Slash
3 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Mannheim and Cologne! :D

Thats nice, enjoy! 

• Like 1

Yaz.
59 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

I know a girl from Spain who has a pit ticket and may not go, so I suppose I can get it for a decent price if I manage to sell my seat (there's still seats available and I payed fucking 20€ to get it delivered -_-")

I've said before that there's the rumour that they'll play MadCool Festival in Madrid (July 6-8). Well, they're announcing someone soon and I've just played the classic "can you tell us what colour the announcement is going to be?" :P They replied "jejeje :)" WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??? Maybe they didn't get it and they're laughing thinking I'm stupid. OR MAYBE IT MEANS HEY I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. -_-

Would be so up for Madrid tbh

• Like 1

Mary Daze

@sara_gd either I'm blind or Green Day are not announced for Download festival in Paris??? :huh: 

DecanoLP
4 hours ago, Mary711 said:

This plus headliners are already announced for that.

One headliner is still missing :)

However, bands headlining Hurricane/Southside are allowed to play other shows in Germany in June, they're usually not allowed to play shows near these two locations though (Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart,...). 
Bands playing at Hurricane/Southside are now not allowed to play Rock am Ring and vice versa.

sara_gd
3 hours ago, Yaz. said:

Would be so up for Madrid tbh

I said it would be nice if the surprise was in the color spectrum between blue and yellow and they laughed. I think they don't have a clue what I'm talking about :lol: I think they're going to announce Pearl Jam because it fits better with what the festival was last year (Niel Young, The Who), Green Day will be their second announcement I'd say. 

52 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

@sara_gd either I'm blind or Green Day are not announced for Download festival in Paris??? :huh: 

Nope not announced yet, but strongly rumoured:

• Like 1

Mary Daze
56 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

I said it would be nice if the surprise was in the color spectrum between blue and yellow and they laughed. I think they don't have a clue what I'm talking about :lol: I think they're going to announce Pearl Jam because it fits better with what the festival was last year (Niel Young, The Who), Green Day will be their second announcement I'd say. 

Nope not announced yet, but strongly rumoured:

Oooh okay i haven't seen that yet! Thank you!

The Insider
21 hours ago, sara_gd said:

The Insider

Nevermind - friggin iPad. 

Rumpelstiltskin2000

• Like 1

St. Jonny

Would be cool to see them with Rancid. Too bad they aren't bringing Rancid out on the NA tour.

The Insider

RANCID COME TO F---ING OZ😶

sara_gd

Pinkpop June 4th! It's on Green Day's website but the festival doesn't even have a website yet...? 

http://festileaks.com/2016/11/pinkpop-2017-strikt-green-day/ 

So now we have:

• June 4th: Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf (Netherlands)
  • June 9th/10th/11th: Download Festival, Paris (France) [Not confirmed]
  • June 15th: I-Days Festival, Monza (Italy)
  • June 16th/17th: Nova Rock Festival, near Vienna (Austria)
  • June 23rd: Hurricane Festival, Eichenring [near Bremen and Hamburg] (Germany)
  • June 24th: Southside Festival, Neuhausen ob Eck [middle of nowhere in the South] (Germany)
  • July 1st: Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, London (England)
  • Like 4

Yaz.

Would be good if we could get some threads for these added shows :ninja:

• Like 3

solongfromthestars

I'm really hoping they announce NOS Alive in Lisbon. I'd totally go to that regardless of the lineup because half-hometown show :wub: 

• Like 3

Stewe
34 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Pinkpop June 4th! It's on Green Day's website but the festival doesn't even have a website yet...? 

http://festileaks.com/2016/11/pinkpop-2017-strikt-green-day/ 

What if is the big news that will happened this night on Facebook Live?

it makes sense since it's a Netherlands date

• Like 1

sara_gd
Just now, Maria Gloria said:

I'm really hoping they announce NOS Alive in Lisbon. I'd totally go to that regardless of the lineup because half-hometown show :wub: 

NOS usually goes along with BBK in Bilbao (Spain), but I don't think they're a strong rumour for any of the two...?

However this year festival Mad Cool in Madrid is in that same weekend (second weekend of July) and they're strongly rumoured for that one, so I think it's possible that they'll play both!

• Like 1

Digoco
8 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

NOS usually goes along with BBK in Bilbao (Spain), but I don't think they're a strong rumour for any of the two...?

However this year festival Mad Cool in Madrid is in that same weekend (second weekend of July) and they're strongly rumoured for that one, so I think it's possible that they'll play both!

I don´t really think they'll do neither Nos Alive nor BBK Live, just because those festivals have already announced Depeche Mode as their first headliner. In 2013 the headliners were Depeche Mode, Green Day and King of Leon, and I really don´t think they will repeat two headliners in the same year.

Green Day coming to Spain is a fact, and as you said the rumour talks about they'll be doing Mad Cool and maybe they'll also play at Resurrection Fest (this is another rumour) so portuguese fans may be able to go, although I don't think this one is their festival type.

It seems that Mad Cool announces something next week. Hope it's Green Day.

• Like 1

Joe K
3 minutes ago, Digoco said:

I don´t really think they'll do neither Nos Alive nor BBK Live, just because those festivals have already announced Depeche Mode as their first headliner. In 2013 the headliners were Depeche Mode, Green Day and King of Leon, and I really don´t think they will repeat two headliners in the same year.

Green Day coming to Spain is a fact, and as you said the rumour talks about they'll be doing Mad Cool and maybe they'll also play at Resurrection Fest (this is another rumour) so portuguese fans may be able to go, although I don't think this one is their festival type.

Isn't Resurrection Fest a metal festival though? lol :D 

Digoco
Just now, Joe K said:

Isn't Resurrection Fest a metal festival though? lol :D 

Yes, metal and punk festival. This year The Offspring was one of the headliners if I recall correctly, and Rancid was there too.

• Like 1

sara_gd
1 hour ago, Digoco said:

I honestly don't think Resurrection fest will be able to bring someone as big as Green Day, I'd be very very very surprised if this happened. The crowd that goes there has nothing to do with most Green Day fans and every year they bring more metal bands than punk bands anyway. Just the thought of having Green Day come to Resurrection has me thinking on my every-social-network timeline shitting on the festival. They'd make some good money for sure, but I think they'd lose too many festival goers from previous years (and future years) to do so. Of course I'd love them to do so, I could care less about what all my friends say if I could see Green Day in my own place, but very unlikely imo. I don't think Rancid ever played this festival btw.

I suspect that Mad Cool are going to announce Pearl Jam next week, because of some of their Facebook comments and because the line of the festival last year has to do more with Pearl Jam than with Green Day. Maybe I'm taking festival "atmosphere" too seriously here, but Idk, I think it's important. Nobody wants to let go previous years festival enthusiasts, and if they give Pearl Jam those people can be happy enough for when they announce Green Day. But yeah, I see Mad Cool announcing it. Also I was lurking through forums and I found that some important Admin in a forum said that they were announcing Green Day that day but then it got posponed. http://festivalers.foroactivo.com/t60p25-mad-cool-festival-2017-exclusivas-rumores-el-inicio-de-una-guerra Where did you see that they're announcing something this week? I had hopes because they've been saying they're announcing something "very soon!" for ages now, but I didn't see it was going to be this week :D

Yeah I haven't seen anything strong for neither BBK or NOS Alive. If Mad Cool is happening BBK isn't, and Mad Cool makes much more sense, but NOS Alive could happen because it's on the same weekend, so they could play NOS on the Thursday and Madrid on the Saturday, for example. Or they could just skip Portugal altogether, of course that's always an option. But I see the chance there... they could technically do it so....

1 hour ago, Stewe said:

What if is the big news that will happened this night on Facebook Live?

it makes sense since it's a Netherlands date

I think this is totally what it's going to be.

Edited by sara_gd