Joe K

Green Day European Dates - Summer 2017

Joe K

As Green Day has announced 3 gigs for the summer and teased a couple also I was wondering why this thread didn't exist yet so I decided to create it! :) Mods can move this to the On The Road section as I couldn't do it or then delete this if they think that it's too early for this thread! :D 

Signe

Very excited for summer tour 2017! :) I'm hoping for a proper arena tour as I wish to follow them around for a couple of weeks, see the shows and do some sightseeing. I am going to Hyde Park so far, now just awaiting more dates. 

• Like 1

TimmyChunks

Honestly, while I hope this happens, I don't think it exists yet. My friend who works in tour coordination with promoters in Boston at major venues hasn't heard anything about summer dates yet, and he had given me a couple weeks of advance notice on the US arena tour.

I hope this does happen, and maybe planning is underway as I have been asking about a summer/ fall US tour, but as far as I know planning hasn't even started (and the big outdoor venue here is already booking some dates behind the scenes- FYI) or its just been kept really quiet.

Mary711
4 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Honestly, while I hope this happens, I don't think it exists yet. My friend who works in tour coordination with promoters in Boston at major venues hasn't heard anything about summer dates yet, and he had given me a couple weeks of advance notice on the US arena tour.

I hope this does happen, and maybe planning is underway as I have been asking about a summer/ fall US tour, but as far as I know planning hasn't even started (and the big outdoor venue here is already booking some dates behind the scenes- FYI) or its just been kept really quiet.

Regarding June/July we know they will be in Europe again and play festivals. So maybe they will only come back to the US later in fall or go to Asia or South America then.

• Like 1

unextraordinarygirl

They are touring America in the Spring. 

Stewe

Im hoping for italy again since the winter tour was fucked up by ticketone 

Mary711
57 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

I'm still hoping for some open-air-shows in Europe in the summer besides the festivals, like they did back then during the 21CB tour. That would be so awesome.

It would but I don't think it's likely for Germany. Due to the festivals they can't play in the North and South and we already have dates in the East and West.

Joe K
7 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Like someone already said, It's very likely gonna be an european tour. 

• Like 1

Beathe.

I have booked for Hyde Park so far. I hope we'll get more dates. Their summer shows are always amazing. :happy:

• Like 2

Dakke

The summer tour, at least in June, July and early August, will be eurocentric. They'll play the big festivals like Rock am Ring, Pinkpop, Rock Werchter, Reading, possibly Glastonbury and others. Afterward they might do some North American tours before heading down under to South America in the fall. This is based on the 21CB tour, but I think this is a logical sequence.

• Like 2

Beathe.

They played headliner shows in Scandinavia during the summer tour for 21CB. Would be great if they did that again. :happy: 

• Like 4

papar0ach

I'm really hoping for a US summer tour because I'll be living in California by that time so that would be amazing for me :P but I doubt it, it would be a little too early to do US again knowing that it is a world tour. 

If anything, a girl from Green Day Mexico (they had a listening party with Warner) said they're probably coming to Mexico on the second half of next year, so that may give you an idea. Not that I trust Green Day Mexico but it's something  :whistle

I guess they're touring South America from August-September, I'm guessing they will rest for a while from the summer shows in Europe.

• Like 1

GDInsaniac

I bet they'll be festivalling this summer in europe

Joe K
14 minutes ago, GDInsaniac said:

I bet they'll be festivalling this summer in europe

Yeah me too but I would rather have Open air shows.

MaraGreenDay
3 hours ago, papar0ach said:

I'm really hoping for a US summer tour because I'll be living in California by that time so that would be amazing for me :P but I doubt it, it would be a little too early to do US again knowing that it is a world tour. 

If anything, a girl from Green Day Mexico (they had a listening party with Warner) said they're probably coming to Mexico on the second half of next year, so that may give you an idea. Not that I trust Green Day Mexico but it's something  :whistle

I guess they're touring South America from August-September, I'm guessing they will rest for a while from the summer shows in Europe.

Hey! :mad:

lol, Warner really said that so, we can only hope :P 

• Like 1

papar0ach
5 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Hey! :mad:

lol, Warner really said that so, we can only hope :P 

I really don't trust any fan clubs really, most of them do say stuff that never happens so I don't get my hopes up at all :tired:

but yeah I would be nice. I'm ready to go to all the shows over the country so I'm really hoping the shows do happen :thumbsup:

MaraGreenDay
1 hour ago, papar0ach said:

I really don't trust any fan clubs really, most of them do say stuff that never happens so I don't get my hopes up at all :tired:

but yeah I would be nice. I'm ready to go to all the shows over the country so I'm really hoping the shows do happen :thumbsup:

Well, that wasn't said by the fan club, it was said by Warner and some girl who interviewed them, so It's not like GDM is saying that the show is already confirmed, they just gave people the message :tired: But yeah, I get it, I mean, I don't trust so much in Warner lol. 

papar0ach

Is it just me or the tour feels like it's going too fast? 

We already have 2 US tour legs and plenty Europe and Australian dates. The only legs missing are Asia and South America, who are probably coming on late summer - fall 2017. Like, they already have mostly all of the first half of 2017 filled with dates. They need to rest for a bit I think! 

They can do shows here and there on the US any time though. 

5 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Well, that wasn't said by the fan club, it was said by Warner and some girl who interviewed them, so It's not like GDM is saying that the show is already confirmed, they just gave people the message :tired: But yeah, I get it, I mean, I don't trust so much in Warner lol. 

I know that lol that's it, like, you can trust at all what you just don't hear. Didn't mean like they made that up, if anything that would be Warner hahaha but since what happened 7 years ago I still don't trust anything like that. Actually many bands have been missing Mexico on their South America dates because of promoters and such. 

So yeah, it's still on the "I'm really questioning that" side 

• Like 1

kaylubd
On 10/23/2016 at 11:22 PM, moonj17 said:

I know the US was very fortunate to get the small club venue tour and there are the March/April dates here, as well, but it seems like the US tour legs are kind of sparse. I don't mean to seem greedy or entitled, but it would be awesome to have more dates in big cities added at some point, especially some stadium shows during the summer/early fall. I know that's asking a lot since Asia and South America dates haven't even been announced yet. It just seems like many US fans are missing out because their states or big cities nearby aren't being visited. That, and the whole ticket buying nonsense that has been happening, is making it difficult for so many people to see shows here. Three US tour legs seems unlikely, but we can hope...

I know what you mean. I know other countries have to get their shows too, but some of the places GD is playing next year seems weird. Like Champagne. Great for everyone that can go, but I'm still hoping that they'll come back to Chicago especially since Aragon was pretty hard to get into. 

Thatsername
On 24.10.2016 at 7:03 AM, papar0ach said:

We already have 2 US tour legs and plenty Europe and Australian dates. The only legs missing are Asia and South America, who are probably coming on late summer - fall 2017. Like, they already have mostly all of the first half of 2017 filled with dates. They need to rest for a bit I think!

I really hope that they take time to rest, too. We all want them to come to our continent/country and play as many shows as possible, but in the end, health is what counts most. I'd rather have them happy and healthy and playing less shows than completely burnt out from touring too much. But I think they will take care of it. They said that they wanted to tour a lot, I think that's what they want and need right now. Tthe high energy of the shows so far proofs that, I think.

• Like 2

The Insider
6 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

I really hope that they take time to rest, too. We all want them to come to our continent/country and play as many shows as possible, but in the end, health is what counts most. I'd rather have them happy and healthy and playing less shows than completely burnt out from touring too much. But I think they will take care of it. They said that they wanted to tour a lot, I think that's what they want and need right now. Tthe high energy of the shows so far proofs that, I think.

This is very random but when I see your avatar I think its BJ going to serve in tennis.:sorry:

• Like 3

RougeRogue
On 10/24/2016 at 1:03 AM, papar0ach said:

To be fair, the US legs are dinky as shit. :rolleyes:

It doesn't feel too fast, but rather that they go around the world with very short time frames for each and then do it again. Whereas each leg could have been extended and do one long tour rather than multiple fast ones.

papar0ach
3 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

To be fair, the US legs are dinky as shit. :rolleyes:

It doesn't feel too fast, but rather that they go around the world with very short time frames for each and then do it again. Whereas each leg could have been extended and do one long tour rather than multiple fast ones.

It is fast considering tour dates for my country next year are already a big possibilty, normally that would take more than a year into a tour. 

I mean, there will always be US dates. They can throw off 5 dates now and then and there's still no big deal. But the thing is that they have already covered a big essential touring part in the US to do it again on Summer'17. 

I really hope they will do it though. But it's a little strange to think that by the end of next year a whole world tour will be over.