Green Day songs we know that exist but never heard or only performes live

Dimitris Gotsis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to know whatever became of Cigarette's and Valentines, and D.U.I. from Shenanigans. :lol: One has to wonder if the band didn't hate the material, but had already done a lot of promotion for it, so the easiest thing was just to make it all... Dissappear... :ninja: 

11 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

I'd like to know whatever became of Cigarette's and Valentines, and D.U.I. from Shenanigans. :lol: One has to wonder if the band didn't hate the material, but had already done a lot of promotion for it, so the easiest thing was just to make it all... Dissappear... :ninja: 

Wait had Green Day announced Cigarettes And Valentines before cancelling it?

13 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Whatever Became?

21 minutes ago, Hell Cat Troll said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWeNpQ62gg Has anyone heard this song before? It only has 400 and something views and no comments. Do you think it's Green Day?

That song is called "What About Today?", it was posted on GreenDay.com on November 6th, 2001

Here's a list of unreleased songs that we've heard live/demo/those cuatro songs :P 

World vs World
Jennifer
Maybe Forever
You Can’t Fool Me
Metal Song
Dookie Demo Instrumental
Billie Joe’s Mom
Cigarettes & Valentines
Minnesota Girl
What About Today?
Things I Heard Today
Second Time Around
Boys in the Bathroom Stall
Like a Rat Does Cheese
Foiled Can
Dream Catcher
Oh Girl
Olivia
Goodnight New York
Ruby Mae
Hotfoot Jamboree
"Sabrina vs Mike"
"That Just Happened"

And here's a list of recorded songs that we know the names of, but have never heard

Alfred E. Normal (Nimrod)
Sleepyhead (Warning)
Wastaway (Warning)
Bob’s Your Uncle (Warning)
Clusterbomb (Warning)
Dropout (C&V)
Walk Away (C&V)
Heroin Pop I
Heroin Pop II
Kill Whitey
Mutron Jam
Wonderful (21CB)
Hello Firecracker (Trilogy)
Gabriella (Trilogy)
Baby Blue (Trilogy) [Became a These Paper Bullets song]
I’m Alright (Trilogy)
Hard Times (Trilogy)
Satellite (Trilogy)
Life is So Plain (Trilogy)
Can’t Believe My Own Eyes (Trilogy)
True Colors (RevRad) [Rumored bonus track... may not be real]

And here are the unreleased covers that they recorded
19th Nervous Breakdown (Rolling Stones) [Nimrod]
Alison (Elvis Costello) [Nimrod]

1 hour ago, Todd said:

That song is called "What About Today?", it was posted on GreenDay.com on November 6th, 2001

Here's a list of unreleased songs that we've heard live/demo/those cuatro songs :P 

World vs World
Jennifer
Maybe Forever
You Can’t Fool Me
Metal Song
Dookie Demo Instrumental
Billie Joe’s Mom
Cigarettes & Valentines
Minnesota Girl
What About Today?
Things I Heard Today
Second Time Around
Like a Rat Does Cheese
Foiled Can
Dream Catcher
Oh Girl
Olivia
Goodnight New York
Ruby Mae
Hotfoot Jamboree
"Sabrina vs Mike"
"That Just Happened"

And here's a list of recorded songs that we know the names of, but have never heard

Sleepyhead (Warning)
Wastaway (Warning)
Clusterbomb (Warning)
Dropout (C&V)
Walk Away (C&V)
Heroin Pop I
Heroin Pop II
Kill Whitey
Mutron Jam
Wonderful (21CB)
Gabriella (Trilogy)
I’m Alright (Trilogy)
Hard Times (Trilogy)
Satellite (Trilogy)

No, it's not What About Today, it is called Puchyak Fuck how about you actually give it a listen and then tell me what you think it is.

1 hour ago, Todd said:

World vs World
Jennifer
Maybe Forever
You Can’t Fool Me
Metal Song
Dookie Demo Instrumental
Billie Joe’s Mom
Cigarettes & Valentines
Minnesota Girl
What About Today?
Things I Heard Today
Second Time Around
Like a Rat Does Cheese
Foiled Can
Dream Catcher
Oh Girl
Olivia
Goodnight New York
Ruby Mae
Hotfoot Jamboree
"Sabrina vs Mike"
"That Just Happened"

Sleepyhead (Warning)
Wastaway (Warning)
Clusterbomb (Warning)
Dropout (C&V)
Walk Away (C&V)
Heroin Pop I
Heroin Pop II
Kill Whitey
Mutron Jam
Wonderful (21CB)
Gabriella (Trilogy)
I’m Alright (Trilogy)
Hard Times (Trilogy)
Satellite (Trilogy)

Once upon a time we had links/downloads to most of these (early ones, not trio ones) on GDA or GDC. Does that still exist? Or is it gone from the loss of megaupload? I distinctly have in my memory a player/download system for a number of these. Tell me I'm not crazy..

3 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

DUI exists though

They didn't include in Shenanigans because, as Billie Joe put it, "I like irresponsibility, but not that much irresponsibility".

1 hour ago, Hell Cat Troll said:

No, it's not What About Today, it is called Puchyak Fuck how about you actually give it a listen and then tell me what you think it is.

:ermm: are you being serious? I don't need to tell you what I think it is, I told you what I know it is. 

1 hour ago, RougeRogue said:

Once upon a time we had links/downloads to most of these (early ones, not trio ones) on GDA or GDC. Does that still exist? Or is it gone from the loss of megaupload? I distinctly have in my memory a player/download system for a number of these. Tell me I'm not crazy..

We had a lot of these in our GDC download section up until a few weeks ago when our Mega account was terminated. If you go find the threads for them, you can request what you want and I'll try my best to reupload them soon :) sorry I can't link you right now, I'm on my phone

3 minutes ago, Todd said:

We had a lot of these in our GDC download section up until a few weeks ago when our Mega account was terminated. If you go find the threads for them, you can request what you want and I'll try my best to reupload them soon :) sorry I can't link you right now, I'm on my phone

Cool, I'll let you know. I used to be very diligent with the downloads back in the day and probably had everything saved at one point, but not anymore. :( After hopefully acquiring a new computer this holiday season, I might wanna get back into media collecting again. <3

6 hours ago, Todd said:

:ermm: are you being serious? I don't need to tell you what I think it is, I told you what I know it is. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f2EGYrHiAMQ  Really? Cause last I knew this was What About Today. A completely different song than I linked to previously.

I guess Cigarettes & Valentines is an official song, since it has an official lyric video and has been released in Awesome as Fuck. I'd really like to hear the supposed RevRad B-side and that 21CB leftover song.

Is Teenagers From Mars a working title for a released song or is it an unreleased Trilogy song? I just noticed it while rewatching Cuatro!

2 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Is Teenagers From Mars a working title for a released song or is it an unreleased Trilogy song? I just noticed it while rewatching Cuatro!

Teenagers From Mars is a song by the Misfits. The Network covered it not Green Day. Basically the same thing though...

1 minute ago, Hell Cat Troll said:

Teenagers From Mars is a song by the Misfits. The Network covered it not Green Day. Basically the same thing though...

Thanks. The title sounded vaguely familiar.

Chris Dugan said in an interview before that Green Day recorded an EP of raunchy christmas songs, so that can be added to the list

and i dunno which song it is, but in an interview Mike said that there was an unreleased song where tre plays bass

12 minutes ago, Gdfan120391 said:

I haven't seen anyone post it but isn't "mechanical man" also a song?

Mechanical Man is a song,
but idk if it pertains to this thread.

It was a song written/recorded by Billie Joe for a movie called "Live Freaky, Die Freaky"
Good song, and good movie. lol. 

17 minutes ago, Gdfan120391 said:

I haven't seen anyone post it but isn't "mechanical man" also a song?

I believe that's a cover of a Charles Manson song, but I'm not positive.

Archived