Green Day Interview with Loudwire Nights

Rumpelstiltskin2000

Thanks!

"The performance is pretty epic and it’s a game changer, nah, I don’t know. I just wanted to say game changer once in this interview." :lol: Killing me with the dorky jokes lately, dude.

This is interesting:

I read this morning that HBO is behind the movie adaptation of American Idiot, congrats. Billie Joe, you’re going to be reprising your role as Saint Jimmy. Mike, Tre, will you be making cameos?

TC: I don’t know.

MD: If they need a good bartender, I’m the guy.

BJ: [laughs]

Yet to be determined?

BJA: We have to record the music again, because the cast will be singing it. So we’re gonna have our hands full for sure.

There’s no timeline for that?

BJA: Not sure. Going through one little rewrite right now and we’ll go from there.

So basically, they're going to record American Idiot for the third time, with some changes, for the sake of movie!

I saw the masks! Those are a bit creepy.

MD: I’ve actually heard the masks aren’t quite as creepy as my actual face.

TC: The stuff nightmares are made of.

:lol:

Nice interview :happy:

"We’re currently building a clone army and we’re going to send them off to different continents to play Green Day shows for us. We haven’t quite gotten the Mike down yet. He has very complex DNA." Oh Tré :lol: 

That was a really nice interview.  The only thing that scared me is when he said he thought about SWMRS opening for them.  Please no.

18 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

That was a really nice interview.  The only thing that scared me is when he said he thought about SWMRS opening for them.  Please no.

Except he forgot about coming to Oz:happy:

Complex DNA huh? Sounds sexy ;):cool:

3 hours ago, Mato said:

So basically, they're going to record American Idiot for the third time, with some changes, for the sake of movie!

I think "they" is a strong word. What this sounds like to me, is simply a musical movie or movie adaptation of the musical (a la Rent, Newsies, etc.) and there's something slightly less intriguing about that. When he says "rewrite" I'm quite certain he means a story rewrite, not musically. Probably simply to adjust stage elements that don't play in a film environment. And what they are most likely recording is a redo of the musical AI album so that they have the new cast's songs to play during scenes while they are filming (kind of like in music video filming.) GD would be there for supervision and instrumentals at most.

I look forward to listening to this tomorrow

20 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

To be fair they've had worse openers, been some pretty dodgy ones over the years. I'd personally take them over Frank Turner (please never again) any day.

Remember that guy who did Sassafras Roots in Arabic? He should open for them with a full set of unrecognizable covers. 

Oh I see it's written so I could've just read it before :lol:. Good interview, I agree it's nice when it's all three of them. I liked Mike's hair advice.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Oh I see it's written so I could've just read it before :lol:. Good interview, I agree it's nice when it's all three of them. I liked Mike's hair advice.

Me too! I just read it because of your post! :lol: Mike's hair comments made me laugh 

Archived