American Idiot is coming to Australia

Liam

5 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I found the domain name see above - does not look promising :(

really? :( does it say on the website though?
i can't see anything apart from where i enter my e-mail address. am i blind?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, belinda jane said:

i will actually be devastated if it doesn't show here. there's no way i can travel to sydney just to watch a musical :(

em you mean Brisbane.

But yeah if its some shitty local production - Im not keen.

This was a long time ago;)

2 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

em you mean Brisbane.

But yeah if its some shitty local production - Im not keen.

woops, hahaha. even more further!
nah, i'm not interested if it's just local production. hopefully it's not. a lot of people would be so keen on it.

28 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

While Shake & Stir may not be as big as the company that put on the bigger musicals in Australia (Rocky Horror, Jersey Boys, The Sound of Music), they're still a very good theatre company. I saw a few of their productions when I was in high school and quite enjoyed them. It's a shame it's not going to be a huge show but I'm definitely still keen to see it :)

is there a chance that they're doing it small to see how much interest there is? then maybe turning it into a bigger production?

I caught this on Broadway with my family when I was 12. Fair to say the majority of the story/themes flew over my head, but still thoroughly enjoyed myself. Would love the opportunity to see it again! 

My friend and I were - I kid you not - talking about American Idiot being at QPAC for next year when we were walking out of QPAC a few months ago. I just told her and we cannot sleep.:runaround:

Guess what I'm going to be annoying my friends with tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, xightmnt said:

Is there pre-sale do you think?

1 hr 15 mins & we will find out 😄

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

1 hr 15 mins & we will find out 😄

Countdown has finished! The site is up!

Just now, belinda jane said:

only in brisbane :(
that makes me so sad.

They'll hopefully come to other parts of Australia. It might be that they'll see how much revenue they get on the show and if people like it here (which I hope they do). But still, it's a bit weird them doing Brisbane first - I thought they would do Sydney.

2 hours ago, belinda jane said:

only in brisbane :(
that makes me so sad.

The way I read the website is that is premiering here but it will coincide with GD's tour so I would gather more cities.  The thing is Im not going to buy tickets for Brisbane if I dont know who is playing the main roles.  Its says casting & audition information to come.

QPAC sent out some presale links. I have bought tickets already. Would be awesome if the band showed up for the premiere.  But don't know how likely that is!

:( Gonna have to give it a miss. I'm already spending a lot on chasing Green Day around the country, so I can't realistically get in another trip to Brisbane. Don't understand why it's exclusive though, or why Brisbane compared to Sydney or Melbourne (and I'd be able to see it in either of those, as I live in Sydney + have a place to crash in Melbourne).

3 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

:( Gonna have to give it a miss. I'm already spending a lot on chasing Green Day around the country, so I can't realistically get in another trip to Brisbane. Don't understand why it's exclusive though, or why Brisbane compared to Sydney or Melbourne (and I'd be able to see it in either of those, as I live in Sydney + have a place to crash in Melbourne).

Most musicals start off in one city and then towards the end of the cities run they'll announce the next city. Just give it time and I'm sure it will go elsewhere.

Archived