American Idiot is coming to Australia

Liam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in buying a tickets off me for either Saturday or Sunday at 7pm?

I have two sets of pairs and I think I am only going to attend one of the nights now if any at all.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:00 AM, Cruise said:

Do we know who will be St. Jimmy in which cities yet?

Yes, this link will take you there http://americanidiotlive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ST-JIMMY-PERFORMANCE-LINE-UP.pdf

I still have a spare ticket for Saturday night if anyone is interested. I have decided to go to both shows but I am taking my dad on Sunday. If anyone wants to see Saturday's show with me please let me know.

I'm very impressed with how much production was put into this Australian run of the show. The cast, new and returning were all phenomenal and the band were loud and played amazing. I have to admit though, I am still biased towards Ben Bennett as Johnny, he just felt more relatable and human to me.

I am a little disappointed that there is still technical issues in almost every show I have seen, some major (Extraordinary girl's stunt didn't work in one of the shows I attended, which resulted in a very beautiful and surprisingly good improvised dance with Tunny) but mostly minor, such as Johnny's acoustic guitar microphone not working during BOBD and some of the lines not being heard due to their mics not working.

I really hope they can get these sorted out because when it goes smoothly, it's truly amazing and words don't do it justice. They even gave us a proper death scene this time (I don't want to spoil it) that I'd argue rivals the original scene from Broadway, or possibly even better and it involved an awesome trick that I still couldn't figure out after watching it 3 times!

Get tickets if you can, this is one show you do not want to miss, you might even want to go back and watch it more than once, hell, I have seen the show 5 times now and I am tempted to go to Brisbane and see it again one more time!

American Idiot: The Punk-Rock Musical

Green Day’s Tony-winning musical rocks into Perth.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/perth/art-and-design/article/american-idiot-punk-rock-musical

Theatre Review: American Idiot‘s Adelaide debut proves to be as much rock show as it is theatre

http://arts.theaureview.com/reviews/theatre-review-american-idiots-adelaide-debut-proves-to-be-as-much-rock-show-as-it-is-theatre/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw the musical today - caught up with @Liam who will post a terrible picture of us once he stops drinking with the cast🍻

Archived