American Idiot is coming to Australia

Liam

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

@Wretched & Divine what time did it finish last night - I just working out train times.

About 9pm. It runs 90 minutes :happy:

So excited to meet all you guys! :runaround:

38 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

About 9pm. It runs 90 minutes :happy:

So excited to meet all you guys! :runaround:

Cheers - have a good day today - Roma Street Parklands is free & really nice place to take a sandwich or walk around.  If you are really stuck Southbank Cinemas are cheap if you want to catch a movie.  See you tonight. 

I'm glad everyone that has seen it has enjoyed it, it is really a great show.  Please show @Tinkle a great time tomorrow, she doesn't get out much

29 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I'm glad everyone that has seen it has enjoyed it, it is really a great show.  Please show @Tinkle a great time tomorrow, she doesn't get out much

You are such a bitch - I love your kind words:lol:

6 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Show starts at 7.30 so lets meet outside Brooklyn Depot at say 530pm.  I will ring to see if I need a booking and if so book a table for 6.

@Liam @Emilie. @RisingRedWolf @Wretched & Divine @Hey Oh

Is that OK with everyone?

I only got tickets to yesterday's show, so won't be coming tonight but thanks for the invite.

On a sort of unrelated note lol are you guys going to see green day in may in Brisbane?!?!?😄

7 hours ago, Hey Oh said:

I only got tickets to yesterday's show, so won't be coming tonight but thanks for the invite.

On a sort of unrelated note lol are you guys going to see green day in may in Brisbane?!?!?😄

You can still come for dinner and hang out if you can't make it to the show. We're hanging around the venue right now if you want to chill.

Edit: Thanks for coming out guys,  I had a really good time and enjoyed the show regardless of the small technical difficulties they had XD. What did you think of the show? @Tinkle

15 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

You can still come for dinner and hang out if you can't make it to the show. We're hanging around the venue right now if you want to chill.

Edit: Thanks for coming out guys,  I had a really good time and enjoyed the show regardless of the small technical difficulties they had XD. What did you think of the show? @Tinkle

Obviously there were some really strong performers which showed up the weaker singers.  I thought Ben (Johnny) did a fabulous job - that's a demanding part to play.  I actually thought Chris was pretty weak to be honest.  Obviously not his singing & guitar playing but he wasn't aggressive/bad ass enough. 

The t-shirt says Australia 2017 - another reason why I think this will go inter state towards the second part of the year.

It was great meeting you - see you in May:)

15 hours ago, Hey Oh said:

Yep we are all going in May - do you have a seat or a GA ticket?

2 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Obviously there were some really strong performers which showed up the weaker singers.  I thought Ben (Johnny) did a fabulous job - that's a demanding part to play.  I actually thought Chris was pretty weak to be honest.  Obviously not his singing & guitar playing but he wasn't aggressive/bad ass enough. 

The t-shirt says Australia 2017 - another reason why I think this will go inter state towards the second part of the year.

It was great meeting you - see you in May:)

Yep we are all going in May - do you have a seat or a GA ticket?

I have GA tickets 😊 how about you?  

I agree with that review, Chris's energy just wasn't there.  I feel the microphones on some of the singers wasn't loud enough. Overall it was awesome as fuck!

A few of us actually got talking to the lighting designer after the show and he was saying they're still tweaking the performance.

The one we saw last night was great but there were some obvious mistakes. Still amazing though.

17 minutes ago, Hey Oh said:

I have GA tickets 😊 how about you?  

I agree with that review, Chris's energy just wasn't there.  I feel the microphones on some of the singers wasn't loud enough. Overall it was awesome as fuck!

My son & I have seats for Brisbane.

23 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

@Emilie Im glad they didnt have XS t-shirts in stock - the one I got is really slim fit - I couldn't have gone any smaller.

yeah I found that too. I normally go XS with band or graphic t-shirts because they're always a pretty baggy fit. But these were so slim! 

19 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my god that reaction is priceless. How fucking old is that guy? Who the hell let him be president!?

Just now, RisingRedWolf said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my god that reaction is priceless. How fucking old is that guy? Who the hell let him be president!?

Is it real - either way its pretty dam funny:lol:

I'm in tears! The funniest thing I have seen all week :lol:

But seriously, this guy is supposed to have the most important job in the USA, how does he get away with acting the way he does?

1 minute ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I'm in tears! The funniest thing I have seen all week :lol:

But seriously, this guy is supposed to have the most important job in the USA, how does he get away with acting the way he does?

So it is real - fuck.  

I feel like more should be made of this:ermm:

3 hours ago, Tinkle said:

That's not real, but it is hilarious - largely because it totally could be real :lol:

What kind of imperfections were they yet to iron out, if you don't mind me asking?

Just now, Second favourite son said:

That's not real, but it is hilarious - largely because it totally could be real :lol:

What kind of imperfections were they yet to iron out, if you don't mind me asking?

They had some technical problems - we only saw it on the second night.  Liam is seeing it again so he should be able to give a run down on improvements.

23 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Just bits were out of time - singing and stage acting, the strings at the end of Whatsername didn't happen, a few forgotten lyrics. Just small things like that, if you hadn't seen the musical previously you probably wouldn't notice too much.

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

Just bits were out of time - singing and stage acting, the strings at the end of Whatsername didn't happen, a few forgotten lyrics. Just small things like that, if you hadn't seen the musical previously you probably wouldn't notice too much.

Are you talking about Homecoming lyric mistake?

Archived