Green Day picture-interview (very funny)

Thatsername

A German magazin recently interviewed Green Day and they didn't answer with words, but just with gestures and by grimacing. @Mara Garcia Green Day posted this link in the GD random news section, thanks a lot for this! But since there are 11 answers and 11 pics which are hilarious and since this is a very different way to do an interview, I thought this deserves its own thread. I translated the questions and posted each picture underneath it for you to read and enjoy :D (If the mods think this isn't worth its own thread, feel free to move/delete it).

Q: You've been around for over 25 years now. What is your secret of not getting on each others nerves?

88972.jpg

Q: Your reaction if Trump wants to use your music for his campaign?

88973.jpg

Q: Do you vote?

88971.jpg

Q: You're mid-40s now. What is the best thing about growing old?

88974.jpg

Q: Your face when you go out onstage before a show starts and look down in the cheering crowd?

88975.jpg

Q: And the faces of the fans in the front row?

88976.jpg

Q: How will GD sound in 20 years?

88977.jpg

Q: Your new single Bang Bang is about gun culture. What is your message to the NRA?

88981.jpg

Q: Can you change the world with music?

88982.jpg

Q: Do you read reviews of your own albums?

88983.jpg

Q: Can you be too old to trash your instruments on stage one day?

88984.jpg

Here's the link to the full article. There's also a small text about RevRad, it's already late so I won't translate it now, but if you like, I can translate it tomorrow :-) http://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/45081/Ihre-Reaktion-auf-Donald-Trump

2 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

Q: Do you vote?

I feel him

But I hope to God that doesn't mean he isn't voting or anything

This is brilliant, they can all pull such hilarious (and fitting) faces really well :lol: The first photo is super cute, though. 

And Mike in the "faces of fans in the front row" oh my god :lol: That will be me when I see them. 

The little text on the website is pretty good written, so I translated it.

Born: 1989 in the clubs of Berkeley, California
Job: Punkband
Education: Correspondence course with the Ramones & the Sex Pistols 

One can't simulate political furore, stated Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong in one of his interviews. To write political texts, you have to be really pissed. So there had to be some things that annoyed him in the recent past. Because after three prior entirely unpolitical albums their newest one called 'Revolution Radio' criticizes the weapons control law, the politics, the media, the internet, therefore the whole fucked up system. Hearing this wonderful aggressive & fast noise makes you doubt the music of this band often gets more or less devalued as 'Fun-Punk'.  After all they live-up to one's reputation in our shooting: They goof around, make faces, cuddle. More than one time both our photographer & our editor ask theirselves if the band really understood the questions (see the fourth picture). But certainly: yes, they have. Green Day are not supposed to take anything seriously - they exist as a paradox consisting of nonconformance & mainstream, can be parents fright & family man at once. It works, as long as their music makes fun - and this is what it does, with or without political furore. 

Certainly worth its own thread, thanks for making it! 

Completely hilarious! The best is seeing the faces of the fans in the front row, and can you be too old to trash your instruments because it's so weirdly vague :lol:. And the best thing about growing old is having a bad back Billie? Also the first one is adorable. What a great idea for an interview.

Love this. Side note: I want all of their shoes. In my size, not in a creepy stalker way.

That was so much and adorable.  Definitely wish they'd do more interviews like this.  What hams!

Everyone at barrier needs to do mike's face with the heart hands :lol: that's so funny!

You can order a copy of the magazine for 2€, in case anyone's interested (they only ship in Germany though). https://szshop.sueddeutsche.de/Sueddeutsche-Zeitung-Magazin-Heft-40-2016.html?listtype=search&searchparam=SZ Magazin

I just did, I need a copy of this, it's certainly my favourite interview of all time :D

4 hours ago, spark in the night said:

Everyone at barrier needs to do mike's face with the heart hands :lol: that's so funny!

I'm planning on getting to the barrier in front of him (if I can) and I'm totally doing the face :lol: Not sure if he'll remember this interview though :P 

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

You can order a copy of the magazine for 2€, in case anyone's interested (they only ship in Germany though). https://szshop.sueddeutsche.de/Sueddeutsche-Zeitung-Magazin-Heft-40-2016.html?listtype=search&searchparam=SZ Magazin

I just did, I need a copy of this, it's certainly my favourite interview of all time :D

Ooh I wish I could, too bad they only ship to Germany...

They should have asked them how a cello feels, would have been interesting to see that answer ;)

Haha really nice idea, I think that kind of interviews for people in the arts industry would really work well

Archived