Liam

Green Day North American Tour - March & April 2017

solongfromthestars

I'm sure they'll be back again. They keep saying they're going to tour a lot and they probably want to after the trilogy tour kind of got cut short.

28 minutes ago, basketcase4933 said:

OMG they're playing on my birthday!

Your birthday present sorted :thumbsup: 

31 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah I was hoping they'd do a summer tour and announce it in January or something so we have more time to save. The other tickets just went on sale last month :lol: also not looking forward to waiting in the cold, but the Vegas will be an indoor wait which is awesome. 👍🏻

Ahh now I'm sold on Vegas :D 

Though I think I'll be oblivious to the cold after the European shows I'm going to in January/February :lol: 

• Like 3

Paola17
1 minute ago, jetsrule128 said:

Anyone have a ticketmaster link for the Brooklyn show 

Brooklyn link isn't up yet.

Alright, it seems that Pittsburgh is doing a PARTIAL standing ga floor. I wonder how many venues will be doing the same thing.

AlissaGoesRAWR

Fare thee well, money. :( 

Just now, Paola17 said:

Alright, it seems that Pittsburgh is doing a PARTIAL standing ga floor. I wonder how many venues will be doing the same thing.

Say what? That's probably my show. 

LostCanadianGoose

If they're doing meet and greets, how outrageous do you all expect prices to be?

JRod
32 minutes ago, m32137 said:

Still no Florida dates. :(

I know. I'm unbelievably pissed.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Noob here. Will it be easier to get tickets through the pre-sale since it's large venues?

I got a GA ticket to Pittsburgh for the trilogy tour after my initial date was canceled, months after they went on sale. (Granted, the show was on Easter Sunday, but still.) Not sure if it'll be different this time around due to better promotion/their hall of fame induction but I doubt it. Many more tickets to go around, plus people aren't expecting a crazy rare setlist for an arena tour. 

• Like 1

Paola17
4 minutes ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

If they're doing meet and greets, how outrageous do you all expect prices to be?

I doubt it'll be a hundred dollars, but if it is-sold.

I remember telling my parents years ago that if Green Day were ever to do VIP, I'd gladly pay up to 200$. Time to put that to the test. (If anything, I'll have them pay for half of it and get a yr advance on my birthday, since I already used up the advance for this year)

@AlissaGoesRAWR - have you ever been to the Petersen Events Center? I'm curious, as I may attend. Also, how varying do you think the price levels will be considering there is only one listed there as of now? 

solongfromthestars
1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

Noob here. Will it be easier to get tickets through the pre-sale since it's large venues?

It won't necessarily be easier, but it gives you an extra chance, which is always a good thing!

• Like 1

LostCanadianGoose
1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

I doubt it'll be a hundred dollars, but if it is-sold.

I remember telling my parents years ago that if Green Day were ever to do VIP, I'd gladly pay up to 200$. Time to put that to the test. (If anything, I'll have them pay for half of it and get a yr advance on my birthday, since I already used up the advance for this year)

I'd be fine with $200 considering Blink was charging $400

• Like 1

Lauren
3 minutes ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

They also charged $100 for lawn seats in the same venue Green Day played and charged $20... that is why I did not go see them. I like them enough to check them out for $20 but definitely not $100 for the freaking lawn. 

Paola17

Ok, on the email they sent the presale code with, it states there is a ticket limit of four for these dates.
Now, I'd be fine with that, if it was per location or presale only. I mean, will it be like the club shows in which you couldn't have the same address as someone else if you were both aiming for more than one ticket  or...?

6 minutes ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

They also charged $100 for lawn seats in the same venue Green Day played and charged $20... that is why I did not go see them. I like them enough to check them out for $20 but definitely not $100 for the freaking lawn. 

That was actually the advance for my birthday this year (still a month to go)- it was $93 for a lower level seat in Brooklyn. Yeah, not gonna pay that much out of my own money for blink.

LostCanadianGoose
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah, I knew Blink's prices were outrageous compared to bands of the same popularity but that's ridiculous

• Like 1

Lauren
1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

Ok, on the email they sent the presale code with, it states there is a ticket limit of four for these dates.
Now, I'd be fine with that, if it was per location or presale only. I mean, will it be like the club shows in which you couldn't have the same address as someone else if you were both aiming for more than one ticket  or...?

Yeah I wanna get seats for my friends but if it's will call only, I'm gonna be going inside before them (they are always late) so I guess they have to get tickets themselves. 

Here's a tip: if you're getting pit tickets, try buying one at a time. Even though it's GA, the tickets are numbered and when you get two (or especially more than two), they give you sequential numbers. So you need say GA57, GA58, GA59, and GA60 for four tickets, but someone already bought GA59 so you won't be able to get four at once, but if you go and individually buy all four, you have a much better chance since it doesn't need to be sequential. This happened to me in the 2010 presale; I couldn't get two pit tickets together but I was able to get two separately. They had different numbers but it doesn't matter since it's not assigned seating. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

No meet and greet with the VIP but you do get a gift card for a subway foot long.  :ermm:

LOL WHAT :lol: 

• Like 1

Second favourite son
5 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Ticketmaster said it was a limit of 8?

5 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

No meet and greet with the VIP but you do get a gift card for a subway foot long.  :ermm:

Whoa, now that's exclusive!

• Like 1

Dirty Rotten Bastard

I'm coming!

chrism17

Holy shit, you get a fuckin subway footlong with a VIP ticket! :runaround:

• Like 1

spark in the night

My initial reaction: disappointed again. 

I will see if I can make something work, but doubt it

Paola17
Just now, Lauren said:

Yeah I wanna get seats for my friends but if it's will call only, I'm gonna be going inside before them (they are always late) so I guess they have to get tickets themselves. 

Here's a tip: if you're getting pit tickets, try buying one at a time. Even though it's GA, the tickets are numbered and when you get two (or especially more than two), they give you sequential numbers. So you need say GA57, GA58, GA59, and GA60 for four tickets, but someone already bought GA59 so you won't be able to get four at once, but if you go and individually buy all four, you have a much better chance since it doesn't need to be sequential. This happened to me in the 2010 presale; I couldn't get two pit tickets together but I was able to get two separately. They had different numbers but it doesn't matter since it's not assigned seating. 

Yeah, I may be able to do pit tix but itll be two people max for said purchase.

However, for Brooklyn, there are a bunch of people I'd go with to the show  but if there's a four ticket limit, I don't know if it'll allow us to? I mean, I need at least four seat tickets for that alone (I'm going to have to travel there right after class, so lining up is meh, plus the people I'll be with don't like the pit), so that's what i'm worried about.

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

Ticketmaster said it was a limit of 8?

Whoa, now that's exclusive!

Does it? Man, I hope it stays that way due to, well, what's stated above.

I hope the limit of four applies to IN presale only, as it appears so.

Whatsinaname

I was about to take a morning nap. Now I have research to do and decisions to make. Thanks Green Day for keeping me awake 

• Like 3

Lauren

Now here's the question, do VIP people get to go in before everyone who waited in line since sunrise?

spark in the night

Also this tour is only 2 months, hardly a 'major' tour. 

We have an arena too you know :mad: and we would likely get your markets from MS, AL and panhandle FL because those are easy drives here. So yeah thanks. 

• Like 1

JRod
5 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

Also this tour is only 2 months, hardly a 'major' tour. 

We have an arena too you know :mad: and we would likely get your markets from MS, AL and panhandle FL because those are easy drives here. So yeah thanks. 

Exactly thank you what the hell even is this tour it's tiny...they usually make a bunch of stops in Florida but of course this time when i finally have the money to go they just skip any place near me altogether 

• Like 1

noctilca

I live in Virginia and it's 3 hours closer to drive to Georgia than it is to drive to Norfolk, VA :P But! The convocation center in Norfolk is on the Old Dominion University campus! I used to go there! 

Oh I would love those VIP tickets!