Joe K

2016/10/19 - Red Bull Sound Space at KROQ, Los Angeles, CA, USA

belinda jane
15 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

can we please talk about the girl directly in front of billie joe in the gd shirt who doesn't even so much as crack a smile the entire show or sing along the entire show? sorry if you're reading this but jesus christ, have you ever even listened to green day before? :lol: what a lame crowd. 

i wish i could like this twice. i could NOT stop looking at her. she was actually motionless.
i felt so sorry for billie, there was no way he could have riled up that crowd more than he already tried.

the front line of people barely knew the words to ANY of the songs. it was so weird to watch that.

• Like 2

BRMC

Guys, what time did Green Day go on? 

Rumpelstiltskin2000

1 hour ago, BRMC said:

Guys, what time did Green Day go on? 

I think it was something like 4 pm local time

• Like 1

Paola17

Ok, I agree the crowd have been a bit more lively but at the same time, because it's such a small room, they can't start a full on mosh pit. Sure, some people can jump around and all, but the room may not be able to withstand it if everyone were to do so, you know?

belinda jane
2 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Ok, I agree the crowd have been a bit more lively but at the same time, because it's such a small room, they can't start a full on mosh pit. Sure, some people can jump around and all, but the room may not be able to withstand it if everyone were to do so, you know?

they weren't even singing along, though :(
well, i correct myself - at least 80% of them weren't singing, cause i saw some people in the back really rocking out.
too bad THEY weren't in the front.

bloodymurderbitch

just got through all the videos. I cannot wait to hear Somewhere Now live, in person. So fucking good. In the J.A.R. video I loved seeing Tre and Mike singing along - awesome. I didn't think Billie sounded that bad at all. Some struggle in there but it's not a Sondheim musical it's a rock and roll show. I really like the confidence Billie has in interviews lately. I can see a difference in him, it's great! 

desertrose

• Like 1

desertrose

• Like 1

desertrose

• Like 1

silver
On 10/20/2016 at 2:03 PM, Buddy said:

I thought they sounded good!  But what a lame crowd! How can you not start moshpits during songs like Bang Bang and St. Jimmy?

I was there, and this certainly isn't the type of show for a mosh pit. The room is way too small, there is no front rail to keep people from falling onto the stage, there's recording equipment and cameras everywhere, and, well, it's a radio station promo concert, not a club show. Not the place to mosh, and we all had a better experience because of that. 

• Like 1

Buddy
1 hour ago, silver said:

I was there, and this certainly isn't the type of show for a mosh pit. The room is way too small, there is no front rail to keep people from falling onto the stage, there's recording equipment and cameras everywhere, and, well, it's a radio station promo concert, not a club show. Not the place to mosh, and we all had a better experience because of that. 

Maybe I was a little harsh on that crowd, probably because a really good show for me includes a moshpit. :D Glad to hear you had a good time anyway.

djrossstar

Like I said, aside from my fiancee and I, everyone in the very front was VIP. This means they were friends of staff and probably didn't care too much. They probably should of let real fans go up close with us.

Whatsinaname

The crowd was so lame. Thanks for explaining why. Aragon will rock tomorrow night! 

Hermione

Somewhere Now and Youngblood :woot:, wonderful! Great performance and an amusing interview too.

silver
On October 22, 2016 at 9:46 PM, djrossstar said:

Like I said, aside from my fiancee and I, everyone in the very front was VIP. This means they were friends of staff and probably didn't care too much. They probably should of let real fans go up close with us.

If you weren't one of the VIPs for the show, then how did you end up in the very front? I believe that you arrived well after many of the other contest winners and other non-VIPs.

sara_gd
On 20/10/2016 at 3:31 AM, lizziebix said:

I'm sure you're all over the broadcast but I don't know what you look like, so where were you standing?

Hii! My phone went crazy the other day, it quoted you 12 times and then it wouldn't let me write anything. I'm the girl on an Adeline striped blue and black t-shirt, that's me @Paola17 yeah! I just got to see the video and I'm all over it! :D I'm wearing totally unmatching clothes because they were the only ones that were both light (it was hot) and clean :lol: But it looks quite okay in the stream haha. 

Also let me update you on the crowd situation. There were lots of Green Day hardcore fans there. I was speaking to people in line and many of them seemed like they were really passionate about the band. So definitely not only you and your girl @djrossstar. The thing was, that people had been waiting there since 4AM, I got at 9AM myself, and then at 2.30 VIP people started coming and they had a separate line for them. We all thought that we would go in at the same time but nop, this line went in before all of us. So as the check in was between 2.30 and 3.30 (ended up being later than that, KROQ is totally disorganized, I will tell you more about the situation for the Palladium show if you're interested), by the time doors opened there were I'd say 100 persons in this other line in front of the contest winners line. Lots of those people were "friends with KROQ", so not necessarily Green Day fans (and you could spot lots of people who clearly weren't) and many of them were friends of the band. The girl standing next to me was friends with the band and she was a huge fan. We OMGed at JAR together! haha. The guy next to me I don't know who he was but he was singing along and moving... so yeah, some people in the middle were lame (I don't even know why that girl in the middle was wearing a GD shirt, she didn't seem bothered about anything), but there were lots of big fans there also. If the lines had gone in together it would have been a better crowd for sure but there was no way to change the situation. I kept going from one security person to another getting "I can't do anything about it, ask this other person" all the time.

I also wanted to say that it was so weird to get out of the show with daylight! Ha!

• Like 1

desertrose

djrossstar
On 10/24/2016 at 6:09 PM, silver said:

If you weren't one of the VIPs for the show, then how did you end up in the very front? I believe that you arrived well after many of the other contest winners and other non-VIPs.

I was a VIP because I am friends with someone who works at KROQ.

On 10/24/2016 at 6:22 PM, sara_gd said:

Hii! My phone went crazy the other day, it quoted you 12 times and then it wouldn't let me write anything. I'm the girl on an Adeline striped blue and black t-shirt, that's me @Paola17 yeah! I just got to see the video and I'm all over it! :D I'm wearing totally unmatching clothes because they were the only ones that were both light (it was hot) and clean :lol: But it looks quite okay in the stream haha. 

Also let me update you on the crowd situation. There were lots of Green Day hardcore fans there. I was speaking to people in line and many of them seemed like they were really passionate about the band. So definitely not only you and your girl @djrossstar. The thing was, that people had been waiting there since 4AM, I got at 9AM myself, and then at 2.30 VIP people started coming and they had a separate line for them. We all thought that we would go in at the same time but nop, this line went in before all of us. So as the check in was between 2.30 and 3.30 (ended up being later than that, KROQ is totally disorganized, I will tell you more about the situation for the Palladium show if you're interested), by the time doors opened there were I'd say 100 persons in this other line in front of the contest winners line. Lots of those people were "friends with KROQ", so not necessarily Green Day fans (and you could spot lots of people who clearly weren't) and many of them were friends of the band. The girl standing next to me was friends with the band and she was a huge fan. We OMGed at JAR together! haha. The guy next to me I don't know who he was but he was singing along and moving... so yeah, some people in the middle were lame (I don't even know why that girl in the middle was wearing a GD shirt, she didn't seem bothered about anything), but there were lots of big fans there also. If the lines had gone in together it would have been a better crowd for sure but there was no way to change the situation. I kept going from one security person to another getting "I can't do anything about it, ask this other person" all the time.

I also wanted to say that it was so weird to get out of the show with daylight! Ha!

Didn't mean no other hardcore fans in the building. I meant in the very, very front row.

sara_gd
22 minutes ago, djrossstar said:

I was a VIP because I am friends with someone who works at KROQ.

Didn't mean no other hardcore fans in the building. I meant in the very, very front row.

Ah okay. So it was at least the girl beside me and me :P Idk how it was like in your area.

desertrose