Hearts Collide

greendaytone

This weeks song of the moment is a b-side! From the suggestions thread, this makes a good song of the moment because with our new clubs forum launching this week, along with fans coming together this week for Green Day Across The World, our hearts are colliding!! :lol:

Anyyyyway, here's a video with the lyrics for this rarely heard song. Share with us your thoughts and feelings on the song.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard this song for a while.

Funny, I just listened to it yesterday for the first time in months. :lol:

I love this song! :dance: one of my favorite b-sides

but do you know where I could download the mp3 version of "Hearts Collide"? :unsure:

Oh, I really love this one! Haven't heard it for a while.. so.. I'll turn it on now! :D

It's a pretty cool song but I think it could be a step to far into pop music? MAYBE :/

but ya know what i love it anyways!

It's a pretty cool song but I think it could be a step to far into pop music? MAYBE :/

but ya know what i love it anyways!

I don't think it's pop music. It reminds me a lot of FBHT though. :happy:

I don't think it's pop music. It reminds me a lot of FBHT though. :happy:

Yeah, a little bit. But anyways, I like it. Doesn't matter what kind of genre it might be! :blush:

wow it's been way too long since i last listened to this. i personally love this B-side, it's almost cheesy and cute but i really like it :blush:

kind of reminds me of a FBHT meets pop remix

It's such a lovely song.

To be honest, I don't have any deep feelings or thoughts connected to it, but I enjoy listening to it, even though I don't do it that often.

It cheers my up on rainy days :happy:

Aww I love this song! It's so sweet. I remember how exciting it was when I first heard it, an awesome retro surfy love song with a Foxies vibe :woot:. It sounds like it's straight outta the 50s or 60s.

As for whether it's pop it most certainly is! And that's not a bad thing at all. A wonderful breezy pop gem. I absolutely LOVE the old-style harmonies, and the out-and-out romantic lyrics. What a lovely song :happy:

Where did the thing about Mike co-writing it come from? Is that true?

I've always loved this song, it just makes me feel so good inside :happy:

this song is my fave b-side song !! :wub: it's been a while since the last time i listened to but there is one sentence that i don't understand yet...."true love is the rule and you're nobody is fool"

I don't really have much to say about this song other than I love its harmonies.

It's sweet and cheerful and feel-good :)

It probably is Green Day's most poppoy song. Listening to it today, it felt like it was the first time I'd heard it. I haven't listened to it enough, but it is indeed an out and out love song. Has a Beach Boys feel to it I thought.

For a bonus point, what song was it a b-side to?

It probably is Green Day's most poppoy song. Listening to it today, it felt like it was the first time I'd heard it. I haven't listened to it enough, but it is indeed an out and out love song. Has a Beach Boys feel to it I thought.

For a bonus point, what song was it a b-side to?

Know Your Enemy, wasn't it?

It's definitely my favourite b-side. :wub: It's such a sweet song and I don't care if it sounds like pop.

Hadn't listened to it for a while, listening to it now made me realize how much I used to like it some time ago.

It's definitely my favourite b-side. :wub: It's such a sweet song and I don't care if it sounds like pop.

Hadn't listened to it for a while, listening to it now made me realize how much I used to like it some time ago.

It's my favourite b-side as well :happy:

Sorry, but I heard it. Can't say anything more about ti :(

:blink::unsure:

What? It's a step too far into pop music in my opinion and Billie's voice is way too high. A few songs on 21st Century Breakdown are a total joke, but this song is even worse. =/

Know Your Enemy, wasn't it?

I believe that is correct! I will deliver your bonus point in the form of + rep :)

What? It's a step too far into pop music in my opinion and Billie's voice is way too high. A few songs on 21st Century Breakdown are a total joke, but this song is even worse. =/

They've been dabbling in pop music their whole career. Think of 1000 Hours :lol:, can't get much soppier than that. Or Pulling Teeth with it's harmonies and retro pop sound. They've never been afraid of having a pop sound to their music, in their early days they often weren't allowed to play at Gilman Street because they were considered too pop. Punk songs with catchy pop melodies is what Green Day's music is and has always been!

Archived