Haushinka

J'net

This week's Song of the Week is Haushinka. Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about the song.

The Nimrod album was realeased October 14, 1997 by Reprise Records. It was produced by Rob Cavallo and Green Day. Nimrod's highest chart position was number 10, and since its release, it's gone platinum twice.

I love the lyrics of this song, but there's something about the sound of it that is agitating to me. The only live video I was able to find was subtitled, "Don't say it's fake," and later in the comments, the owner admitted it was fake. So break out your copy of Nimrod and listen.

Haushinka Lyrics

Haushinka is a girl with a peculiar name.

I met her on the eve of my birthday.

Did she know.

Did she know, before she went away,

Does she know?

But its too damn late

This girl has gone far away. Now she's gone.

All I have now is a memory to date.

A cheap hat and cigarettes, and a peculiar name.

I didn't know. I didn't know, before she went away.

I know now. I know now, and it's too damn late.

Will she ever find her way?

I'm too damn young to be too late, but am I?

Yet again I'm kicking myself,

And I'll be here in battle scars,

Waiting for you.

Waiting for you now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the Song Discussions thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week from 9/14/2009 forward in its original post.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!! this is one of my fav songs off of nimrod!!! asdfl;asdkjfads this is a perfect song!! :dance:

I've always found this song to be quite strange, but I do like it.

Overall though, it's not one of my favorites off of Nimrod.

I love the transition between Jinx and Haushinka. The guitar is just pure rock and it is amazing! It took a while to understand Billie, but it is an amazing song none the less

I can't get into this song. I've tried. It's just not...interesting enough for me. Not the worst off Nimrod, but not the best either. =/ Good choice for Song of the Week, though. There should be some decent discussion about it.

GMO :runaround: My second favourite song, after my first favourite song. Niice pick, J'net :thumbsup:

I really don't know why I'm so infatuated with this song. It's. Just. Great. Y'know?

dookie demo version is so much better than the actual one. love the bass line on the demo!

Oh I've got that version too. I love how slow and like, hazy it is. Kind of thing.

Aw jeez, the sound of Nimrod is so amazing - I just love it, and the whole thing is so tight. Even though Haushinka can stand alone, it flows out of Jinx - the tumble of anger and pain and superstition segues into bright guitar and this cool sound, a different temperature, memory and maybe-regret of what might have been. I hear Norwegian Wood in it, what with that cool sound, and 'this girl has gone' resonating with 'this bird has flown'. Difference is the killer 'NOW she's gone' driving down so emphatically - and sounding so great that, yeah, repeat it, repeat it - and it's not detached like Norwegian Wood is, but one of those second-guesses, Whatsername-ish. Jinx and Haushinka mirror - 'yet again I'm kicking myself' with 'I fucked up again', 'tangled at your feet' with 'here in battlescars' - fuck, such great lyrics - and there's this whole sense of fate, destiny, 'the eve of my birthday'.

I love the transition between Jinx and Haushinka.

That's probably my favorite part. Otherwise, I love Haushinka but it's not one of my favorites from the album.

I love that song. I always found it a bit.. idk strange? :lol: Maybe it's the lyrics, maybe it's the melody and the energy of the song but it's great. Nimrod is just an awesome album as a whole.

This is one of my favorite songs! But I really don't know what it is about...did he ACTUALLY met someone called Haushinka?

Definitely not one of my favorites off of Nimrod, but a good song nonetheless. Gotta love those lyrics.

Love this song, especially this part:

Waiting for you.

Waiting for you now.

Mmm good song. I like how easy it transitions into the next song. When i listen to Nimrod, i cant tell when it turns into the next song, its just so...flowy lol

Nice song. On its own it's a good song, but combined with Jinx I like it much better. The transition, and how the two songs go together, both musically and lyrically (although it took me a while before I understood the lyrics - of both songs. Billie and his damned mumbling :lol:). It definitely enhances the song.

I've never heard this song :o , and i don't have Nimrod so can someone please post this song on here so i can listen

Thankyou :)

It's Jinx/Haushinka, there isn't one with only Haushinka. But it's better than Haushinka on its own anyway :happy:

I still remember the first time I listened to Nimrod and how much I loved this song. Even though it's not technically amazing or anything there's just something about it that gets me every time.

Love this song, especially this part:

Waiting for you.

Waiting for you now.

Mmm yeah I love that bit too.

I absolutely love this part..

'Will she ever find her way, I'm too damn young to be late, but am I

Yet again I'm kicking myself, and I'll be here in battle scars waiting for you

Waiting for youuu now..'

The sound, the lyrics :wub:

I have always really liked this song, one of my favourite off Nimrod :)

Archived