Poprocks & Coke

J'net

This week’s Song of the Week is Poprocks & Coke. Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about the song.

Poprocks & Coke was the only single from International Superhits, which was released in November 2001 and has since gone Gold. The single reached a peak position on the charts of #94.

I was more than surprised when traveling home from the final weekend of the American Idiot musical to hear this song playing at a restaurant/bar in the Phoenix airport. I had gone in for a quick lunch while I waited for my next flight. There was so much noise in there that it took me a few seconds to realize what I was hearing. Then I kept looking around like, “Does anyone else find this odd?” and when I was sure that it was really Green Day singing this song, my look changed to one of, "Why don't you all be quiet and listen?" I’ve never heard this song play on the radio or anywhere else (except my own equipment). So, I decided it was a sign that International Superhits needs some love. Hence, this week’s SotW.

I hope you’ll enjoy this video. It has quite a few interesting “moments.”

Poprocks & Coke Lyrics

Where’er you go

You know I’ll be there.

If you go far,

You know I’ll be there.

I’ll go anywhere,

So I’ll see you there.

You place the name,

You know I’ll be there.

You name the time,

You know I’ll be there.

I’ll go anywhere,

So I’ll see you there.

I don’t care if you don’t mind.

I’ll be there not far behind.

I will dare,

Keep in mind,

I’ll be there for you.

Where there’s a truth,

You know I’ll be there.

Amongst the lies,

You know I’ll be there.

I’ll go anywhere,

So I’ll see you there.

I don’t care if you don’t mind,

I will dare,

Keep in mind,

I’ll be there for you.

If you should fall,

You know I’ll be there.

To catch the call,

You know I’ll be there.

I’ll go anywhere,

So I’ll see you there.

I don’t care if you don’t mind.

I will dare,

Keep in mind -

I don’t care -

I’ll be there for you.

I’ll be there for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the Song Discussions thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week from 9/14/2009 forward in its original post.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I love at the beginning of the video how Billie is just way too short for his pants :D And that was a cool video,

anyway I love this song, a lot. It is so cute and I remember getting International Superhits and just falling in love with this song!

Yaay :happy:

Lovely song. One of the few songs I never get sick of listening. And it's my happy song, which isn't very surprising considering the lyrics :lol:

And I love the video. "These pants just don't fit, at all" :lol:

YES!

Definetly one of my top three Green Day songs. I used to listen to it everyday after college walking to the bus station when I was walking alone. It reminds me of when I was 17. It's an awesome song and one that shoulds be recognised and respected a lot more than it is.

Poprocks is one of the *few* Green Day songs that doesn't really do much/speak much to me. I guess it's a little too Rembrants ("I'll be there for you-uuuuuu......" for me). Cute vid tho.

Song about friendship, on many levels, about someone knowing that you'll always be there and they'll always be there for you, you even know you don't have to write it down and turn it into a song but you do anyway, just incase they'd forgotten :wink:

FUCKING L0o0o0oo00oVE <33333 :wub: <33333

Like... ugh I can't evn explain the love I have for this song

Its so poppy and delicious :happy:

I made my mom use it at my brothers Bar Mitzvah for when all his friends went up to light a candle

Perfect for that, me thinks

Excellent choice <3

I remember when I first downloaded this ( :ninja: ) . I played it the most of all the songs. xD

Don't worry, now I have the CD. :)

Yay. I love this song :wub:

It's just pure love, but it's not only a lovesong, it can be also dedicated to a friend.

And it's energetic and it's imposibile not to sing along.

`These pants just don't fit at all!`

Many a time have I jumped round like a maniac to this song-love it :wub::wub::wub:

I love love love this song so much :wub:

I would listen to it more often but I had poprocks one time and I think I had too many and now whenever I think of them I feel sick D:

But yeah, amazing song <3

I was listening to Poprocks & Coke this morning. :happy:

Awesome choice. I love this song so much. It's really sweet and the lyrics are perfect to express your love to someone. The video has always seemed so cute to me. <3

LOVE this song. :wub:

I used to sing this song about my Business Studies teacher way back in 2002 :lol:

awe i remember this song, it used to remind me of my best guy friend back in middle school. :)

great pick, havent seen the offical video in ages!

Was this song ever played live?

If not, I will make them play it on their next tour!

I absoutely love this song :wub: It's definitely on a high position when it comes to my favorite songs. Though I tend to say this about nearly every Green Day song so don't take it too serious.

Archived